Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation
Default Kenny Dobbs would destroy anyone in the dunk contest

Sprite Slam Dunk winner last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzTNc4kPQ-4
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kenny Dobbs would destroy anyone in the dunk contest

Ok. He's not an NBA player or anywhere near it.

It's called the "NBA Sprite Slam Dunk contest"

not "Random scrubs Slam Dunk contest"
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Alright fine let's keep it pure only boring ass NBA players why would we want the best dunks in the dunk contest?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think there's a fair share of random folk who could win an NBA dunk contest. However, I've always been drawn to the idea of seeing the best basketball players in the world vying for the championship. Somehow, it means more knowing the players dunking are not just one trick ponies or circus acts, but actually professional basketball players who can also perform above the rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Alright fine let's keep it pure only boring ass NBA players why would we want the best dunks in the dunk contest?
I like seeing familiar NBA professionals at the NBA All-Star Weekend. Just the same, I wouldn't want to see a random jacked guy cranking home runs in the MLB Home Run Derby.

I mean, if we do want to see those guys dunk, there's an awful lot of dunk contests and/or videos on YouTube, so we all win.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 02-17-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That's why other dunk contests exist...

This is the NBA contest between NBA players...

Silly you would think of bringing in non NBA players
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Well no shit. They are famous for dunking.

Guys like T Dub, Guy Dupuy, Justin Darlington, Air Up There, Reemix and G Smith would tear the dunk contest a new one. But they gotta make it into the NBA first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXhPrOYCK4
This would shut down the dunk contest immediately.

Last edited by DropStep : 02-17-2013 at 12:03 AM.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

The VP of the D-League came and spoke to my class at Syracuse last year and I talked to him about the possibility of D-Leaguers getting one spot per contest he said they've actually been trying to do that for awhile. I don't see why not, gets exposure for the D-League (an NBA product so **** off budaiiii) and makes the contest worth watching
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Budadiiii
Banned

Yes... bringing in D-Leaguers makes it worth watching

No... having guys like Wall, Westbrook, Griffin, LeBron in it makes it worth watching.

Stupid concept by a really stupid poster.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #9
Ramiah
I hit open 5-footers

Ramiah has an OK reputation so far

This is a silly thought but OP's heart was in the right place.
Ramiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Yes... bringing in D-Leaguers makes it worth watching

No... having guys like Wall, Westbrook, Griffin, LeBron in it makes it worth watching.

Stupid concept by a really stupid poster.

I agree with you they would be better but they obviously don't want to and you can't force them to. I'm trying to find ways to make a bad situation better how does ****ing anyone in this contest make it better? No one outside of their respective teams have heard of these guys it's no different than D-Leaguers. Don't let our disagreements over Kyrie/Westbrook cloud you here. This is irrelevant. You just want me to seem stupid cause you hate me
Old 02-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #11
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
I agree with you they would be better but they obviously don't want to and you can't force them to. I'm trying to find ways to make a bad situation better how does ****ing anyone in this contest make it better? No one outside of their respective teams have heard of these guys it's no different than D-Leaguers. Don't let our disagreements over Kyrie/Westbrook cloud you here. This is irrelevant. You just want me to seem stupid cause you hate me
The concept is stupid. I'm sorry. Most would agree with me. You can't bring in guys who don't play in the NBA plain and simple. This is NBA allstar weekend.

I don't hate you or think you're stupid, so sorry for that
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

This whole problem would be fixed if the stars weren't babies about it. I just a want a god damn good contest its been a decade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: