Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2014-15 NBA East Preview

2014-15 NBA East Preview

Let's have a 2014-15 NBA East Preview from each of you.

But, just the upper East. Let's do the best six East teams, with notes on each team. Whatever you think is worth saying about a team. A sentence or two, or more.

2014-15 BEST OF NBA EAST PREVIEW:

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    Last edited by insidehoops; 09-27-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Default Re: 2014-15 NBA East Preview

1.) Heat - Wade will average 21/7/4 Bosh will average 22/8 Deng and Granger will both average double digits while Josh McRoberts and Napier have big unexpected seasons. Health falls in place and Heat win 55 games.
    2.) Cavs - Love and Irving will become less effective due to Lebron handling the ball everytime. I predict some health issues and defensive problems. 54 wins.
    3.) Bulls - deep team all around. Rose will never be the same. 52 wins
    4.) Wizards - great starting lineup and a deep team. 49-50 wins
    5.)Raptors 45 wins
    6.)Bobcats 43 wins
    7.) Hawks 42 wins
    8.) Knicks 38 wins
    Homer prediction

Chicago - Have experience playing together
    Cleveland
    Toronto - Most underrated team on ISH
    Charlotte
    Washington - Will continue to improve
    Brooklyn

1) Bulls - They have been waiting for Rose to come back in order to be a contender for 2 years now. And with Gasol thrown in too, I expect no less than the ECF.

2) Cavs - LeBron James. Oh, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are good basketball players too.

3) Hornets - People are underrating them. Kemba and Big Al will only get better, and I expect Lance to be an All-Star. Excellent defense as we already saw plus another offensive weapon (Lance).

4) Wizards - Wall is a sure-fire All-Star and Beal has the potential to be one this year. Gortat is solid, and Nene knows his role (also went off in the playoffs). Pierce will bring veteran leadership, and a winning mentality. He'll be an excellent mentor for a struggling Otto Porter.

5) Raptors - Lowry and DeRozan are All-Star caliber players. Terrence Ross and
    Valanciunas will only get better. Jonas has the potential to be a stud. Amir Johnson has come a long way and can be a net plus in his minutes.

6) Heat - It all depends on how Wade plays. If he plays 40 games and is always icing his knees, they sit toward the bottom. But if Wade can somehow have a bounceback 2008-09esque year, they could push for the 3rd seed. Bold prediction; Chris Bosh finishes top 5 in MVP voting, dropping 20+/10 as their first option. Deng and McRoberts are definitely solid pieces and Granger could always return to form.
    Last edited by Demitri98; 09-27-2014 at 12:37 AM.

1. Bulls. Coach Thibs will burn out his guys for the best record.
    2. Cavaliers. It'll take 2/3rds of the season to figure out the chemistry between the new players and the new coach.
    3-8. Irrelevant.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

1) Cavs: They will be the #1 seed by the end of the season. But they won't win a ring this year.
    2) Heat: Erik Spo is a dominant coach, much better than any of the LeBron fans realize. He will outcoach LeBron in the playoffs and send him packing.
    3) Bulls: I'll believe it when I see it from D-Rose. Still way too unreliable.
    4) Toronto: They will make the playoffs. With Drake.
    5) Bobcats: Surprise! Team will beast.
    6) Pacers: They put the C in chemistry.

1. Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)
    2. Chicago Bulls (54-28)
    3. Toronto Raptors (52-30)
    4. Miami Heat (49-33)
    5. Washington Wizards (45-37)
    6. Detroit Pistons(42-40)
    7. Charlotte Hornets(41-41)
    8. Atlanta Hawks (40-42)

The Faves

Bulls - The only team in the east with an established identity.
    Cavs - LeBron would have most teams in contentions especially in a wide open East

Young up and comers
    Wiz, Raps Cha

all 3 were playoff teams a year ago. Think the Wiz have the advantage over the Raps in most people's mind for going further in the playoffs. However, both teams aren't going to sneak up on anyone this season and will have to reestablish themselves. While the Hornets might have vaulted them selves among these teams with the FA they've put together.

Miami will be in an interesting case to watch. in the playoffs i can see them being a tough out for the younger teams. Also the faves aren't that separated from Miami overall. A injury here or there can really open up the East further and the heat might have enough pieces to take advantage if the opportunity presents it self.

NBA 2014/2015 Standings (1-8 Playoff Teams) - PREDICTION:

West:

1. San Antonio Spurs - Leonard/Parker/Ginobili... They're top heavy AND deep. Every single Player can be the MVP of the Team on any given night, ATG Offense AND Defense, coupled with arguably the greatest Coach of all-time.

2. Los Angeles Clippers - Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, 2 possible Top 5 Players, with DeAndre Jordan as DPOY material, Jordan Crawford as 6th Man, an ATG Coach, more good pieces in Hawes/Reddick/Davis/Turkoglu.

3. Oklahoma City Thunder- The most loaded Team in the league. Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka; 2 possible Top 5 Players, with 6th Man caliber in Reggie Jackson, and more youth, energy, defense... Need a capable Coach. (Although it this doesn't mean they can't win now with their Team)

4. Golden State Warriors - Perhaps the deepest Team in the league. Top 5 Player at every Position. Need a capable coach.

5. Dallas Mavericks - With Dirk as leader, you're guaranteed a top Offense, excellent leadership, everyone thriving and playing to their potential, locker room happyness, etc. Simply an overachieving Team. Surrounded by Monta Ellis, an energetic scorer, Chandler Parsons with a well-rounded game, Tyson Chandler hopefully providing great rim protection, a nice PG Combo in Nelson/Felton, re-born Devin Harris, the always efficient Brendan Wright, and one of the best coaches in the league. Defense will be the question.

6. Portland Trail Blazers - LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard at the helm, a beautiful offense, Batum a highly underrated and complete SF, with Matthews at SG and Robin Lopez at C a tremendous starting 5, but still in need of a better bench to make the next step.

7. Memphis Grizzlies - The usual tough grind-out Memphis Team... Older but still led by the interior force of Gasol and Randolph, Perimeter defense with Tony Allen, Conley as one of the better PG's in the league, and Carter can provide a great spark off the bench... Lack Shooting.

8. Phoenix Suns/Houston Rockets/Denver Nuggets/New Orleans Hornets...

All-out Battle for the last spot, the 8th seed.

East:

1. Chicago Bulls - Rose will need about a YEAR to get back to form, but the roster is loaded and in sync, with perhaps the best coach in the league. Rose/Butler/Gibson/Mirotic/Gasol/Noah

2. Cleveland Cavaliers - LeBron/Love/Irving with a good supporting cast / role players... Lacking an inside presense, someone who can protect the paint/basket. That's all they need. They have rebounding and they don't necessarily need another scorer at C. An entirely new team put together, will mesh come playoff time.

3. Toronto Raptors - Lowry and DeRozan are the lead men, with a young and rising cast. Valanciunas improves as C, with All-Star ceiling. Ross/James Johnson/Amir Johnson other difference makers.

4. Washington Wizards - Another great all-around team, Wall and Beal are the lead men, 3 tough Bigs in Nene/Gortat/Humphries. Experience and veteran Leadership in Paul Pierce

5. Charlotte Hornets - Kemba Walker and Al Jefferson will continue to get better, both All-Stars, and an addition in Lance Stephenson, who likely will be one too. Young guys with some upside in MKG/Zeller/Vonley/Biyombo

6. Atlanta Hawks

7. Brooklyn Nets

8. Detroit Pistons/New York Knicks/Miami Heat

Extra: 2015 NBA World Champion - Prediction:

ANYTHING could happen in the West, 11, ELEVEN Teams of 50-wins caliber, with multiple stars...

Spurs/Thunder/Clippers/Warriors/Mavericks/Blazers/Rockets/Suns/Nuggets/Pelicans/Grizzlies...

Historically loaded conference / competition / era.

East is pretty much the opposite right now. Cavaliers/Bulls, 2 more teams with a small chance of upset and the rest not.

I'm going with LeBron and him leaping his team over the Bulls and whatever West team, likely the Spurs.

My Pick: Cleveland Cavaliers

2014-15 NBA East Preview:

1. Cavs: When you have the best player teaming up with a young creative point guard, who just happened to wreck shop in the FIBA basketball event, you have a pretty good formula for a solid season. But when you add a really solid rebounder, who can shoot the 3 pointer and make some really great outlet passes, your season has gone from really solid to pretty much looking at ECF and maybe more. The Cavs are that scary and that good. They key thing will be, leadership and the power of "more". Will the rest of the players be okay with just enough to help the team or will they want "more". More minutes, more shine, more shots. Those are the keys to a team, with this much talent, becoming great or just being okay. I like this team's chances.

2. Bulls: The Bulls are an interesting team. Defensively, they are dynamite. They will lock you down. Defense wins championships. However you have to be able to score and this team has struggled with that. Plus we do not know what D-Rose is going to look like this year. The FIBA event, he looked really good. Oh screw that. The dude looked better than the D-Rose of old. He was quicker, stronger, and had a chip on his shoulder. So it is going to be interesting to see what Rose does. If Rose is playing like a man on a mission, the Bulls are going to be scary.

3. Wizards: The Wizards are an upcoming team with a lot of positive energy. They have solid players in Wall, Beal, Nene, Paul Pierce, and Gortat. That is a nice starting five. This team is going to really push the Bulls and the Cavs.

4. Heat: I have them 4th and it is pretty high considering. However I am hoping that Wade and Bosh are going to be motivated to get out of the LeBron shadow. The Heat have some decent pieces in place but they will be a playoff team and just that.

5. Raptors: I am liking this team. I have them 5th but they could flip with the Heat and be that 4th team. I am hoping that last season wasn't a fluke. I think that the Raptors are going to be a good playoff team.

6. Knicks: I never count out a Phil Jackson led team. If everyone is on the same page and the power of "me" is on the back burner, the Knicks can be a really decent team. I got them at #6. Melo will win the MVP award this year....watch. I am calling it now

I've helped kept track of all East predictions here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=349400

The Hawks will be 2nd seed in the East. Many teams getting overrated while the hawks get underrated because they don't hit those swag YOLO 360 dunk 3's

Made that high school varsity squad Booz Vivic's Avatar

1) Cavs 63-19
    2) Heat 55-27
    3) Pacers 53-32

1. Bulls
    2. Hawks
    3. Cavs
    4. Heat
    5. Wizards
    6. Raptors