Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honest Question

Default Re: Honest Question

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    No excuses. Not even trolling either. Harden has as much talent as any MVP-level player could ask for. Dwight, Ariza, Smith, Brewer, Beverley, D-Mo, Papanikolaou, Jet, TJones if he gets healthy, etc...Anything less than the WCF is a complete and utter failure.
    Now that the Rockets signed Smith, I would say second round. WCF as a floor is a stretch. I think OKC and LAC are still better than Houston.

I wouldn't be upset with losing to OKC in 6 in the second round. No shame in that.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Pelicans lottery pick is pretty nice
    So a pick in the 10-12 range and motiejunas? I take what I said back, that is a great chance- IF they trade him. Which IMO is unlikely.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    No excuses. Not even trolling either. Harden has as much talent as any MVP-level player could ask for. Dwight, Ariza, Smith, Brewer, Beverley, D-Mo, Papanikolaou, Jet, TJones if he gets healthy, etc...Anything less than the WCF is a complete and utter failure.
    Thats no better than what Chris Paul has.. Or Kevin Durant, or Tim Duncan, or steph curry etc. Only two teams can make wcfs.

If you guys get dragic, does he start?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    So a pick in the 10-12 range and motiejunas? I take what I said back, that is a great chance- IF they trade him. Which IMO is unlikely.
    I think I'm in the small minority of Rockets fans who think Dragic won't help us.

I think Harden, with his vastly improved defense, being sandwiched between two elite defenders is the way to go.

Now Houston has Smith, they start 4 guys who can legitimately make second team all defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Thats no better than what Chris Paul has.. Or Kevin Durant, or Tim Duncan, or steph curry etc. Only two teams can make wcfs.
    And they're all WCF or bust teams as well. Hell, for OKC and SA it's championship or bust. The improbability of the goal doesn't make failure less disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I think I'm in the small minority of Rockets fans who think Dragic won't help us.

I think Harden, with his vastly improved defense, being sandwiched between two elite defenders is the way to go.

Now Houston has Smith, they start 4 guys who can legitimately make second team all defense.
    I think he'll help, but not really a necessity. Harden has been doing just fine being our distributor on the floor. The only real upside with Dragic is another playmaker on the floor. We'd lose Bev's berserker defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I think he'll help, but not really a necessity. Harden has been doing just fine being our distributor on the floor. The only real upside with Dragic is another playmaker on the floor. We'd lose Bev's berserker defense.
    If you can't get a secondary creator on the perimeter, like a Dragic, you guys need a Ryan Anderson-like PF. Someone who can stretch the floor extensively, open up driving lanes for Harden and clear space for Dwight. That guy and Ariza would completely distort the opposing defense. It's like the shooting equivalent of a secondary ball handler, either way you're taking so much pressure off Harden.