Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I don't get the Warriors..

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Well u never know, but either way the Rockets are elite. They have 2 stars.
    Still, nobody wants to face Golden State in the first round.

Well u never know, but either way the Rockets are elite. They have 2 stars.
    Finally a positive comment about the Rockets.

The Rockets are good, but their lack of star power is going to seriously hurt them in the playoffs.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Still, nobody wants to face Golden State in the first round.
    A real contender doesn't give a **** who they have to face in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs510
    too many jumpers and the worst bench in the league

Pretty much this.

This just shows how good the Warriors are. I mean they are almost 60 percent, 9 games over .500 and people think they are not playing as well as they can. Imagine 3 or 4 years ago I would have told you that the Warriors were 9 games over 500 and weren't even playing as well as they could be. As a Warriors fan you'd take that all day. 29- 20 is fabulous. 1 more win and they will be 30 and 20. Do you know how good 60 percent is in baseball let alone basketball? I mean 60 percent is something the Yankees would strive for when they'd be a top team every year. The Warriors are doing GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    They have an excellent team on paper. Top 5 PG, top 5 SG, great 2-way SF, top 10 PF and rim defender C Bogut. One of the best teams on paper, and they win some tough games, but lost so many games they shouldn't.. what gives? Is it just their bench?

Serious playground baller

Jackson is also a pretty terrible coach

What type of coach spends 12 mill on a bloke and works 7 shots a game for him in 36 mins (Iggy). Career wide he normally averages about 11 shots a game at 45% or so. He needs to be taking that many shots and atleast trying to be a scoring threat.

The worst coaching move in the league atm though is Jacksons use of Andrew Bogut. He is shooting at 64% but takes 6 shots a game from 27 minutes. Is he kidding or what? Bogut is a scoring C as he showed with the Bucks. He can put up 15+ a night and grab 10 boards but he is never involved in the offense. All he gets is fricken offensive rebound looks. He is a great passer too.

Stop taking so many contested jump shots. Give the ball to Bogut in the post and let him go to work every now and then. Give Iggy the ball and have him post up a guard. Get Harrison Barnes into the starting 5 and have him post up the SF like he was doing in the play offs.

Jackson is trying to play this ridiculous jump shot high tempo shooting game despite the fact he has a slow offense style team at the heart of it all.

So the moral of the story is if Curry or Thompson don't get hot the game is over?

Good luck in the post-season, Warriors fans

Honestly im doubtful right now we would get out of the first round, i guess i was just really overreacting to the win streak we had. Klay has been shooting poorly as of late, our bench is shit, and its been tough on barnes being the 6th man that has to create for himself and the bench considering what his role was last year. We need a second ball handler off the bench and I wouldn't mind seeing bogut being used more in the offense along with iggy, need to stop taking so many jumpers, well mainly contested ones. Hopefully we can start playing some better ball soon even though I won't be able to watch any games for a week or 2

And yet the Warriors are still winning approximately 60 percent of their games... They are doing very well guys.

They rely too much on jump shots, like OKC in 2012. When the jumper is not falling, any team can beat them. They have top 5 most talented team in the league, but their system sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    They rely too much on jump shots, like OKC in 2012. When the jumper is not falling, any team can beat them. They have top 5 most talented team in the league, but their system sucks.

What system? And why are they winning more than half their games then?

they dont have an identity. Youd think theyd have an elite offense with Curry/Klay/Lee/Iggy but theyre an avg offense at best. Some games they try to shoot u out but really most of the big games theyve won was b/c of their elite defense of Bogut/Iggy than the offense

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

And yet the Warriors are still winning approximately 60 percent of their games... They are doing very well guys.
    They win more than they lose but they haven't lived up to expectations.