Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest Question

Default Honest Question

If you were one of the haters of the Rockets this offseason and made fun of our moves or non moves, how do you feel it has worked out for us so far? Ariza, Brewer and Smith come out cheaper than Parsons and are gonna have more output. Then we have a great chance to trade for Dragic. I'm not gloating. I'm just curious as to what those naysayers think now.

Default Re: Honest Question

Ariza > Parsons IMO

Right on everything until you called your chance to trade for Dragic great. What do you add to motiejunas to make your chances great?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Ariza > Parsons IMO
    I don't think so. I think Ariza is better for the Rockets than Parsons is though.

I thought they were going to be the same one dimensional pretenders, but their defense is actually legit this year. If they keep it up in the playoffs we will see some upsets. The moves they made obviously helped.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Ariza has been shooting like shit. James Harden has carried the team on his back, especially when guys like Beverly and Howard went down and missed some games. I expected the Rockets to be worse after the offseason, but look at them go. Harden is tearing shit up, and they're winning. Really curious to see how Smith fits in. Is McHale any good at handling bonehead mentalities?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Right on everything until you called your chance to trade for Dragic great. What do you add to motiejunas to make your chances great?
    I've been seeing TJones, Papa, Canaan and Johnson's names floating around. I think Capella too. Dragic is gonna leave the Suns for sure I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I don't think so. I think Ariza is better for the Rockets than Parsons is though.
    Maybe.

Ariza is just in a shooting slump. I doubt it will continue too long. He's managing to make Kobe look efficient

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Ariza has been shooting like shit. James Harden has carried the team on his back, especially when guys like Beverly and Howard went down and missed some games. I expected the Rockets to be worse after the offseason, but look at them go. Harden is tearing shit up, and they're winning. Really curious to see how Smith fits in. Is McHale any good at handling bonehead mentalities?
    We don't need Ariza to be scorching from deep though. He helps us more on defense than we need him on offense. Harden is playing how I expected him to play when we first traded for him. McHale doesn't do anything good imo.

NBA Legend

First of all I was among those who said Ariza was actually an upgrade to Parsons before the season started so I have no crow to eat on this topic but dude...

People who dont automatically see everything YOUR team does as a perfect sure thing doesnt make them "haters."

Seriously what is with people? Oh, you dont think my team is winning the chip this year? HATER! YOURE A HATER!!!! YEAH KEEP HATING, HATEY. We are gonna shove it down your THROAT this year HATER.

Its like mindless nationalism applied to basketball. So awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    First of all I was among those who said Ariza was actually an upgrade to Parsons before the season started so I have no crow to eat on this topic but dude...

People who dont automatically see everything YOUR team does as a perfect sure thing doesnt make them "haters."

Seriously what is with people? Oh, you dont think my team is winning the chip this year? HATER! YOURE A HATER!!!! YEAH KEEP HATING, HATEY. We are gonna shove it down your THROAT this year HATER.

Its like mindless nationalism applied to basketball. So awkward.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    We don't need Ariza to be scorching from deep though. He helps us more on defense than we need him on offense. Harden is playing how I expected him to play when we first traded for him. McHale doesn't do anything good imo.
    Yeah but Ariza can hit some 3s though. His jumper is good. Rockets will be even better when Ariza is playing up to his potential

No excuses. Not even trolling either. Harden has as much talent as any MVP-level player could ask for. Dwight, Ariza, Smith, Brewer, Beverley, D-Mo, Papanikolaou, Jet, TJones if he gets healthy, etc...Anything less than the WCF is a complete and utter failure.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Pelicans lottery pick is pretty nice