Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default With what PJ was handed to him, does ISH really think he's failing ATM?

Got rid of JR, bargs, shumpert, dalembert and other trash.

Drafted porzingus and grant, signed Lopez and afflalo at reasonable market value before the cap jump, got Williams on a low contract and no longer has any players under bad contracts...

Oh and the O'quinn signing was underrated.

Take a bow Phil, you might be able to save the Knicks after all

Banned

Default Re: With what PJ was handed to him, does ISH really think he's failing ATM?

you don't even know who kyle o'quinn is

Default Re: With what PJ was handed to him, does ISH really think he's failing ATM?

Meh, still going to be a bottom feeder with Calderon as their starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Millslapped
    you don't even know who kyle o'quinn is

Too young for this thread.

Move along

Quote Originally Posted by ekosky
    Meh, still going to be a bottom feeder with Calderon as their starting PG.

You can't completely change everything all at once

Calderon is still a valuable asset on a reasonable contract. His game will age well and I'm sure Phil will look to fix other holes in time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Too young for this thread.

Move along
    too homeless for this thread

move along

The Knicks are the favourite to win their division this upcoming season, followed closely by Boston.

Pending healthy Carmelo, it should be no problem. The team cost itself last season for beating Atlanta, but other that Phil can do no wrong with the franchise.

He's put together a few shit-average players and he thinks they'll stick.

With running such a big market and a lot of cap flexibility going into the summer, I actually expected much more.

Not that impressed, pedo.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

He's had a great summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    The Knicks are the favourite to win their division this upcoming season, followed closely by Boston.

Pending healthy Carmelo, it should be no problem. The team cost itself last season for beating Atlanta, but other that Phil can do no wrong with the franchise.

So many interesting teams to watch this season. I think even the raps could be really good with added depth in the front court, which was their glaring weakness the last few years.

The east definitely looks much stronger, I think we will see both Miami and bucks even better too so what was once a walkin spot in the east suddenly has teams legit competing for spots this year. Biyombo scola and Carroll were very solid pickups indeed.

I like what Detroit is building over there too.
    Last edited by poido123; 07-27-2015 at 12:30 PM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I think he's done very ell considering. If this team gels they could finish as high as the 6 seed

NBA rookie of the year

NBA Player Rankings: Top-10 Small Forwards In The NBA

6. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks

Numbers to know:
    10.43 – average shot distance in Melo’s first 3 seasons
    14.63 – average shot distance in Melo’s last 3 seasons

Basketball Reference’s similarity scores have Melo’s career (through 12 seasons) akin to Rasheed Wallace, A.C. Green, and Dennis Rodman. All three have won championships as third wheels, not leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Are the Knicks really the favorites? You really have very little confidence in your Raptors

I did think the Knicks sucked at tanking at the end, but I am very excited with the Porzingis pick + trade for Grant. The one bad move Phil made was trading for Calderon, who he thought would be a good piece for the triangle. He still could be, but he is horrible on defense and I am counting the days till he retires/leaves/gets traded.

Fallen, the mighty has.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Are the Knicks really the favorites? You really have very little confidence in your Raptors

I did think the Knicks sucked at tanking at the end, but I am very excited with the Porzingis pick + trade for Grant. The one bad move Phil made was trading for Calderon, who he thought would be a good piece for the triangle. He still could be, but he is horrible on defense and I am counting the days till he retires/leaves/gets traded.
    For me, it's more how value the teams that have the best player or coaches.

Knicks have an okay roster, but a top 5-10 player at his position and top 10 overall in the league. Healthy Melo should be more than enough now that he has rim protectors and decent enough wing defense.

Same thing with the Nets, okay roster but a Top 10 player at his position in Brook Lopez (healthy). Lionel Hollins you can argue is a Top 10 coach too.

Celtics have a huge collection of players and while they don't have a Top 10 player at their position, but hey do have Brad Stevens as a Top 10 coach and they were so much better when they traded Rondo.

Raptors don't have any of that. They don't have a Top 10 player at their postion, they probably have low end stars hovering just inside the Top 15 and might decline further . They arguably have the worst coach in the game, bottom 5 no question. They made trades and moves that would probably predict trading some of their starters for more future assets if they start off on the wrong foot. It has a very similar feel to the 08/09 season. The only reason I can see them compete is if the other teams were injured.

Knicks are in a good position if Proz can develop nicely. They'll have cap room in the future on top of it.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 07-27-2015 at 01:01 PM.