Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    No excuses made there man... Lin's shooting has to get better, that's where his main problem is right now.
    It's not just his shooting, he's not even playing like a point guard. He needs to create way more and take charge of the offense, he's not doing that. And I am not only talking about assists, he is not playing like the floor manager, like the point guard.

He's definitely one of the worst starting point guards in the league, maybe the worst.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    It's not just his shooting, he's not even playing like a point guard. He needs to create way more and take charge of the offense, he's not doing that. And I am not only talking about assists, he is not playing like the floor manager, like the point guard.

He's definitely one of the worst starting point guards in the league, maybe the worst.
    Right now the team isn't playing well as a whole, look how many points they gave up. Lack of a go-to scorer outside of Harden and unsophisticated offense is showing. Not having a healthy Harden yesterday is gonna hurt. Let's face it, right now it looks like the team is headed for the lottery, they'll have to learn to play well consistently before good things happen. Lin is just one of the pieces of the puzzle, he needs to improve from where he's at now, and he probably will.

Right now the team isn't playing well as a whole, look how many points they gave up. Lack of a go-to scorer outside of Harden and unsophisticated offense is showing. Not having a healthy Harden yesterday is gonna hurt. Let's face it, right now it looks like the team is headed for the lottery, they'll have to learn to play well consistently before good things happen. Lin is just one of the pieces of the puzzle, he needs to improve from where he's at now, and he probably will.
    You're making a lot of excuses for Lin.

Here millwad, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Clearly, you see Lin as a scrub, and I feel he'll be fine if he can get his shooting and swag together. But I think you shouldn't just focus on Lin when you talk about the Rockets problems, as there are other team problems to talk about in addition to Lin's.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    You're making a lot of excuses for Lin.
    Those are issues the team faces as a whole. I'm not excusing Lin's poor shooting, involvement levels by saying that. It's just how it is. Nobody on the roster really looks threatening, outside of Harden.
    Last edited by shoops; 11-20-2012 at 06:59 AM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

It's just how it is. Nobody on the roster really looks threatening, outside of Harden.
    Thats what happends when you give up Scola, Dragic, Lowry,Kevin Martin and Lamb and only get Harden and Asik in return who are good.

Saw a basketball once Sigmund Freud's Avatar

The saga of Lin is fascinating, to say the least. It was clear how much confidence he had in New York, but it is also quite clear he has lost almost, if not all his confidence based on the manner in which he is currently playing. I would personally advice Lin to seek professional help, as he seems like he may require some guidance to get his life back on track.

Lol at ^ ???
    Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Thats what happends when you give up Scola, Dragic, Lowry,Kevin Martin and Lamb and only get Harden and Asik in return who are good.
    Well, gotta make a move sometime instead of being stuck as a fringe playoff/lottery team. They're hoping some of the young players will develop into something decent I guess. Also, they still have space for another star player, so that's something as well. And I don't consider Asik a threat yet, his offensive game just isn't anywhere near consistent so far.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Lol at ^ ???

Well, gotta make a move sometime instead of being stuck as a fringe playoff/lottery team. They're hoping some of the young players will develop into something decent I guess. Also, they still have space for another star player, so that's something as well. And I don't consider Asik a threat yet, his offensive game just isn't anywhere near consistent so far.
    Fair enough but to give up both Dragic and Lowry is just beyond idiotic, as for Asik hes been a very decent big man he moves well without the ball just needs to finish a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Fair enough but to give up both Dragic and Lowry is just beyond idiotic, as for Asik hes been a very decent big man he moves well without the ball just needs to finish a bit better.
    It looks dumb to give up both Dragic and Lowry, but Lowry wanted out and the Rockets got Harden indirectly by trading Lowry. Dragic on the other hand is better than Lin with more experience, although a 4 year contract with player option gives the Rockets less flexibility and gives Dragic more leverage. But yeah, not getting him again could be detrimental and so far it looks kinda like that, but in reality time will tell I guess. As for Asik, yes, he's very decent and his defense and rebounding is invaluable even if his offense is still very raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud
    The saga of Lin is fascinating, to say the least. It was clear how much confidence he had in New York, but it is also quite clear he has lost almost, if not all his confidence based on the manner in which he is currently playing. I would personally advice Lin to seek professional help, as he seems like he may require some guidance to get his life back on track.
    This is very easy to figure out, and it doesn't require "professional help". Lin was simply playing above his ability with an "I have nothing to lose" mentality. His level of play and offensive efficiency were complete surprises, but when teams actually started to game plan for him the shooting percentages began to drop steadily.

Although he had some decent games after the debacle in Miami that ended Linsanity, it was clear that he was not capable of shooting a decent percentage against good defense.

Add that to his stll-suspect ballhandling skills, and you have a player who is not quite as bad as he currently looks, but will never get back to the 'Linsanity' level.

In his defense, he does seem to be a hard worker. He rebounds the ball very well for the position, and his steals numbers are good -- though he tends to gamble too much.
    Last edited by Shepseskaf; 11-20-2012 at 09:06 AM.

I wasn't just directing to your previous comment, you had more than one butthurt comment recently. Just sayin'... Anyways, I think I saw that article on yahoo, but only that one, I didn't see any others on yahoo sports main page and espn... The yahoo article seemed a tad dramatic, though there's probably a little truth to it. He's the kinda guy that seems uncomfortable because of attention, in NY he was drawing it away from himself and also crediting the team as they deserved. Don't see how he tried to use those reasons to excuse his poor play like you claimed though.
    Again, he had a bunch of articles. I mentioned some stuff from them. The entire Yahoo article is things that are wrong, pressure, he has no friends he can trust, etc. You said "you must be butthurt to think these things". LIN SAID THESE THINGS. Give me a break, you want me to spin things he says to mean other things now too?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yeah, everyone just decided to miss when they got passes from Lin yesterday but somehow the terrible Douglas who played 15 minutes last game dished out 4 assists, Parsons had 5 assists and even the sick Harden who only played 17 minutes collected 3 assists.

Lin had 3 assists and 3 turnovers and he only made 5 out of 15 shots, he was terrible.
    Dude, did you watch the game? Lin threw some good passes but Asik must have missed three/four layup attempts because he was tired. If that was chandler, it would have been dunks.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Must be nice to get paid $8million a year for having 8 good games.

Getting injured might have been the best thing to ever happen to Lin, because he would've been exposed hardcore by Miami in the playoffs and his averages would likely have fallen back down to earth as the regular season went on. Instead, he's getting $25million/3year deals thrown at him for being one of the worst starting PGs in the league.

SMH.
    I am a Lin fan, but that's the truth right there. Lin would have been shook in the playoffs by Miami. Their ball pressure would have been too much for Lin's shakey handles.

Definitely would not have coined in $25 million.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Again, he had a bunch of articles. I mentioned some stuff from them. The entire Yahoo article is things that are wrong, pressure, he has no friends he can trust, etc. You said "you must be butthurt to think these things". LIN SAID THESE THINGS. Give me a break, you want me to spin things he says to mean other things now too?
    It's actually your repeated snide shots at Lin that makes you sound "butthurt." You're taking some remarks made to journalists and twisting it to make it sound like Lin's using them as excuses or freedom from liability.

It's actually your repeated snide shots at Lin that makes you sound "butthurt." You're taking some remarks made to journalists and twisting it to make it sound like Lin's using them as excuses or freedom from liability.
    Do you think the timing of Lin doing all these interviews is a coincidence? First few games, he's cruising. Has a bunch of bad games, Knicks are better without him, he does the interviews. All of them are about the huge pressure he's under and how he needs time to adjust.

You're just delusional if you don't think there is any agenda here.

My Knicks are 7-1 and we have two point guards playing better than Lin. I'm just fine. But i'm not fine with the way Lin characterizes his time in NY, he's either uber sensitive or full of it. At any point in Linsanity did you think NY fans were making life hard for Lin? That's basically what's being implied.