Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiggins' Cavs

NBA Superstar

Default Wiggins' Cavs

Bran or no Bran, the kid is the future.

Default Re: Wiggins' Cavs

As awesome as it'd be to see Lebron back on the Cavs, it kinda sucks it's completely overshadowing Wiggins' entry to the league.

This is the kid that many people last year, though I didn't quite agree with it, were calling the next great perimeter player like Kobe, Lebron, T-Mac, Durant, etc. That hype has died down a bit now and he may never live up to that, but he has all the tools to do it and it's just a bummer to see his hype dissipating just because Lebron's free agency.

Hopefully Blatt is as good a coach as everyone says he is, and can get that young team to work. Because it's about time Cleveland got some shine that is independent of Lebron.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Blatt is the new leader of the team hands down.

It will never be wiggins team.

Anthony Bennett runs this team.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    It will never be wiggins team.

Anthony Bennett runs this team.
    Irving-Bran-Wiggins-Bennett-Verajao

It wasn't even 'Wiggins' Jayhawks' so I seriously doubt it will ever be 'Wiggins' Cavs'

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    It wasn't even 'Wiggins' Jayhawks' so I seriously doubt it will ever be 'Wiggins' Cavs'

you are not clued into college basketball. I forgive you my child.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wiggins will still be young as f*kk next year. Irving will be more of an offensive thread than him for a couple years.

If Lebron goes to Cleveland though, Wiggins can serve a huge role and can be their best defender...while allowing Lebron to take it easy on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Definitely not at first yeah, but I think soon they will be. And for the college comment, remember this is a guy who will benefit greatly from the spacing of the NBA compared to college.

Not to mention the Cavs are much more perimeter oriented so even though he won't be the primary ball handler or dependant scorer, he will get more touches throughout the plays than he would if the Cavs were an inside-out team dumping the ball into the low post, because once a ball is dumped into the post, it's unlikely that it comes back out, whereas if a ball is moving around on the perimeter, it's more likely that it will get to him eventually.

And then aside from a basketball point of view, the hype and eyes I think will be on him, so that's another perspective justifying some people viewing the team as "Wiggins' Cavs"

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    you are not clued into college basketball. I forgive you my child.
    Embiid was by far the best player on that team when healthy. When he went down and it was 'Wiggins' team', Kansas bowed out to a mediocre Stanford team as Wiggins had as many TO's as points.

Not that Wiggins has ever been considered a 'leader' by any stretch of the imagination anyway, his beta mindset has been a knock on him since he first started getting broken down by NBA scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Definitely not at first yeah, but I think soon they will be. And for the college comment, remember this is a guy who will benefit greatly from the spacing of the NBA compared to college.

Not to mention the Cavs are much more perimeter oriented so even though he won't be the primary ball handler or dependant scorer, he will get more touches throughout the plays than he would if the Cavs were an inside-out team dumping the ball into the low post, because once a ball is dumped into the post, it's unlikely that it comes back out, whereas if a ball is moving around on the perimeter, it's more likely that it will get to him eventually.

And then aside from a basketball point of view, the hype and eyes I think will be on him, so that's another perspective justifying some people viewing the team as "Wiggins' Cavs"
    It's Irving's Cavs all the way. Irving is the best player on the team, Irving has the big numbers, Irving has the big endorsement deals.

Unless Bran shows up in town, the Cavs are Irving's team until Wiggins actually does something in the league.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Seriously? Irving before Wiggins, and if LeBron goes there Wiggins won't even be the 1st or 2nd best player on the team.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebron could pass the torch in 4-5 years..

NBA Legend

Rudy Gay 2.0

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Don't they trade Wiggins if Lebron comes back?

I guess they could still trade for Love without Wiggins, but that might hurt the depth of the team which makes them attractive.

But if the reports are true that Love would extend in Cleveland if Lebron comes back...you have to do that deal. Love is perfect for Lebron. He's a far better version of Bosh in terms of shooting and rebounding. His defense is worse, but they just have to figure out a way to get a center in.

Love/Dieng for some version of Wiggins and the Cavs first rounder next year? Sounds good for both teams.

Wiggins is getting over-rated here big time. His ceiling is not as high as Love...in fact, I'd probably argue it won't be that close. Love is 25 freaking years old. You have the chance to get Kyrie/Lebron/Love...you do it. You can't guard that. It's impossible.

Now, if they could keep Wiggins...then that is even better because his defense is already NBA ready level. In fact, it probably will be elite by mid season. So if they could throw a lot of those future first rounders and waiters/thompson or something...that could work as well.

Damn....please let Lebron go back. Cavs deserve it and it would be so interesting to see what they do with the team.