Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Isiah Thomas vs Steve Nash - Who was the better player?

Who was the better player? Who would you rather have lead your team?

Default Re: Isiah Thomas vs Steve Nash - Who was the better player?

Better player: Isiah Thomas.

Who you want to lead your team ? Depends on what your team system is. Can't go wrong with either one.

You have take into account they played in different era's and face different defenses and rules too.

Banned

Steve Nash for both

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Better player: Isiah Thomas.

Who you want to lead your team ? Depends on what your team system is. Can't go wrong with either one.

You have take into account they played in different era's and face different defenses and rules too.
    this

isiah is worse in playmaking, but better on defense and scoring.

I usually hit open layups e-LIMON-ators's Avatar

Isiah Thomas on both counts...and honestly it isn't close. Give me the proven HOF who has lead his team to back to back championships in his prime.

Who was the better player?

Isiah. 21/11 on 46-47% at his statistical peak. Better competitor, better defender.

Who would you rather have lead your team?

Isiah. Better at taking over games and don't forget his ankle injury in '88.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Isiah Thomas, no question. I love Nash, but Isiah would've gotten at least one of the Suns teams to the Finals.

Isiah. As a leader, scorer, defender, etc. He played against the hardest competition, and got it done twice, as the main man. Nash played against weaker competition, and while he had pretty good teams, they got nowhere.

I would pick Nash if I have a stacked team and want a superior floor general.

Give me Zeke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Isiah Thomas, no question. I love Nash, but Isiah would've gotten at least one of the Suns teams to the Finals.
    lol, yeah because Nash was a reason why the Suns failed to get in the Finals.

Not airballing my layups anymore vinsanity2756's Avatar

definitely isiah over nash. nash's offensive game is great, but not quite so good on the defensive end of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerceive
    lol, yeah because Nash was a reason why the Suns failed to get in the Finals.

He most certainly was a reason.

D'Antoni puts Nash on Parker with no weak side help. Games 1 and 2, Parker lights up Nash for 29/7/2/2 on 13/22 shooting and 24/5/3 on 12/20 shooting. D'Antoni finally realizes in game 3 that Nash can't guard Parker alone and gives him the weak side help, but Duncan goes off for 33/15 with 3 blocks, 15/16 with 2 blocks, and 31/15 with 3 blocks.

Nash goes off for 27/16 in a game 1 win. Game 2, Terry drops 18 on him followed by 19 the next game. Suns win game 4 and in game 5, Terry puts up 14/9. Game 6 with the Suns leading in the 4th, Terry drops 19. In 3 of the 4 losses, Nash allowed Terry to put up 18, 19, and 19.

So yes, his inability to hold down Tony Parker and Jason Terry(neither were elite offensive players) is what cost them.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    He most certainly was a reason.

D'Antoni puts Nash on Parker with no weak side help. Games 1 and 2, Parker lights up Nash for 29/7/2/2 on 13/22 shooting and 24/5/3 on 12/20 shooting. D'Antoni finally realizes in game 3 that Nash can't guard Parker alone and gives him the weak side help, but Duncan goes off for 33/15 with 3 blocks, 15/16 with 2 blocks, and 31/15 with 3 blocks.

Nash goes off for 27/16 in a game 1 win. Game 2, Terry drops 18 on him followed by 19 the next game. Suns win game 4 and in game 5, Terry puts up 14/9. Game 6 with the Suns leading in the 4th, Terry drops 19. In 3 of the 4 losses, Nash allowed Terry to put up 18, 19, and 19.

So yes, his inability to hold down Tony Parker and Jason Terry(neither were elite offensive players) is what cost them.
    http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...le/05/23/338/8

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...le/06/23/337/8

Bahaha

first i was like then i was like

i aint even mad

zeke

Did you read anything I wrote? Of course not. You're a Suns fan, so you'll boost Nash at any cost. Take it from a neutral party that watched both series. Nash singlehandedly guarded Tony Parker in games 1 and 2. End result, Parker shit on him. He gets backup coverage in games 3, 4, and 5. Parker is contained, but the extra coverage allowed Duncan to have more of an impact than he did in games 1 and 2.

Then he allows Terry to put up 18, 19, and 19 in 3 of 4 Phoenix's losses. You obviously did not watch the games very closely. Nash's efficient offense was overrided by his inability to contain 2 players that aren't exactly elite and versatile offensive players. Hell, his inability to singlehandedly guard Tony Parker cost the Suns games 1 and 2. They only lost by 7 and 3.