What movies do you like bruh
    I dont movies at all lately.

Default Re: Mad Max Fury Road

hellz yes

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    that's the most metal movie trailer i've ever seen

The original Mad Max is one of my favorite films of all time. Raw, gritty, heavy, with incredible performances. Most notably the best performance in the whole series by Hugh Keays-Byrne as The Toecutter.

Mad Max 2, much more acclaimed (though IMO not as good), was still a great action movie.

Mad Max 3, IMO pretty much sucked.

Regarding this CGI fest....

Here's my quick review from the trailer which I posted on another site:

The cinematography looks pretty great. Now just lose the CGI, the Hollywood looking and sounding women who looked like they just stepped out of a Hollywood Salon, every line needing to be said for hokey effect, and all the elaborate set pieces. That sandstorm at the end was one of the most ridiculous fake things I've ever seen. Why are people, including Miller, so stupid they they can't see this stuff is so cheesy? Think I'll go put on Mad Max 1 and watch The Toecutter harass some people on grainy film and not letting CGI do any of it for him. His amazing acting chops and vibe did it alone back then more than well enough. 

Wow, that sandstorm at the end...

Banned

They actually didn't use CGI for a lot of things in the movie. For instance the guys on the poles going from car to car were stunt men.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    You guys are attempting to put the movie in a category it doesn't belong in. It's supposed to be a mindless action flick that will entertain, but not have an overlying theme/message. The movie looks decent, I am more interested in the level of gore. From the trailer that looks like one of the most brutal movies ever made. It's certainly not going to be be better than Mad Max 2, despite the same director. Pretty funny he's finally directing Max again and jumping into this straight from Babe and the Happy Feet series.
    But first movies of the series weren't so much of the the mindless action flick. It wasn't too deep but it was realistic in a way things worked - people organized between themselves to live a good life or to pillage. It was a sci-fi with many realistic aspects to it... Now here it looks like attack of the clones - hordes of people that do not have human characteristics chasing after somebody that supposedly has them. This is more like fantasy.

Also it seems as the car chase scenes are just the rework from previous movies done to death. It looks picturesque but it's a cheap way to build up on a franchise. I don't know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    But first movies of the series weren't so much of the the mindless action flick. It wasn't too deep but it was realistic in a way things worked - people organized between themselves to live a good life or to pillage. It was a sci-fi with many realistic aspects to it... Now here it looks like attack of the clones - hordes of people that do not have human characteristics chasing after somebody that supposedly has them. This is more like fantasy.

Also it seems as the car chase scenes are just the rework from previous movies done to death. It looks picturesque but it's a cheap way to build up on a franchise. I don't know.
    Apparently the entire movie is nothing but a car chase apparently, think the end chase in Mad Max 2 and expand it by an hour+

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    They actually didn't use CGI for a lot of things in the movie. For instance the guys on the poles going from car to car were stunt men.

Yet, a lot of things they did. Check out 1:53-2:10....That has got to be the dumbest, most ridiculous overkill of CGI I've seen yet....And that's saying something...

Even the set pieces without CGI are so dramatically overblown and unrealistic....Looks like stunt men staging every second to maximum overblown effect.......Seriously, what have movies come to?

And the public is so numb to it, they begin to accept it as something not cheesy or in some cases even substantive.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    Looks like the most alpha movie of the year

As awesome as it looks, the best part may be the "Dawn of Justice" trailer that will be before the movie.

initial reviews are great

Probably going to be the best movie of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Wow it went up to a 9.0 on IMDB.

It won't stay that high, but for reference there's only 3 movies on IMDB all time with 9.0 or higher rating.

Only 1000 votes.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Im not a fan of CGI shit

And YES this looks over the top.

But it looks SICK!!!

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

apparently this has minimal cgi

and yeah, imma watch this weekend