Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Nate Robinson wants to be a Celtic..

If they can figure out how to use him, I won't mind... But I doubt it happens.

Decent playground baller Lyoto15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts
    Who doesn't want to play for the Celtics?!
    My thoughts exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Lakers need to try to get this guy somehow. We need someone off the bench who can create their own offense. I would hate to trade Farmar or Shannon though...

No we don't need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    why would most teams give up any assets for a player that will be a unrestricted FA at the end of the season? unless its Boston, Lakers, or another contender theres no sense of urgency whatsoever to get Nate.

Nate is being dumb though. He wouldn't get much run in Boston even if it gives him a good chance at a ring. Following in Marbury's footsteps isn't a good idea either especially since Marbury was on the decline and Nate hasn't even come into his own yet. Nate needs to shut the hell up if he wants his situation to improve otherwise he's going to stay on the bench with the Knicks or get his wish and regret it sitting the pine in Boston. Nates a dumbass but i still love LiL HIM! His agent needs to take control and tell Nate to stfu and put him in a position where he'll get shots and playing time. He can worry about rings when he reaches Marbury's/Cassells age and decline.

whats laughable to me is half the Knick fans here pretend like nobody wants Nate4 and yet when trade discussions come up they get all pissy about letting him go for peanuts. So which is it? haha i didn't even know he got 6th man of the year votes last year. I hope Nate walks for nothing. Most Knick fans here don't deserve compensation for a player they pretend isn't worth anythinhg.

Nate needs to push for the Bulls, Heat, maybe even Grizzlies or Sacramento type teams.
    The Knicks can only look at this through their perspective. The Knicks have no need to trade an asset unless it betters their position. Trading Nate for a different expirere who also cannot contribute makes no sense. Do we "owe" Nate? Is he disrupting the team? (NO) Do we need to help the Celtics somehow?

I know you have a bug up your ass about the Knicks but it still makes no sense to them to trade Nate unless it benefits them somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts
    Who doesn't want to play for the Celtics?!

Oh let me see....

LeBron
    Kobe
    Dwight
    Wade
    Artest
    Gasol
    Lamar
    Roy
    Ariza
    Melo
    Smith
    etc.

BUCK FOSTON!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Knicks can only look at this through their perspective. The Knicks have no need to trade an asset unless it betters their position. Trading Nate for a different expirere who also cannot contribute makes no sense. Do we "owe" Nate? Is he disrupting the team? (NO) Do we need to help the Celtics somehow?

I know you have a bug up your ass about the Knicks but it still makes no sense to them to trade Nate unless it benefits them somehow.
    Why would the Knicks trade Nate for nothing? If Hughes, Douglas, or Duhon goes down, they are going to need Nate.

Is that all it takes now? A guy is unhappy for a week and a half, and a team is forced to trade him?

Trust me, Knicks can't trade him anyway. Nate's BYC amount will make it almost impossible, unless its in a bigger deal involving JJ or EC.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I'm still hoping for a defensive wing (Shane Battier!) in exchange for the trade chips (Scal expirer, Tony Allen expirer, Giddens filler).

I wouldn't mind getting Robisnson but not really sure what his role would be...
    Exactly... I don't think we necessarily need him... We're not going to cut back Rondo's minutes for Nate and we'd be too undersized in the backcourt if we were to play them together for stretches. Sorry Nate... You should try either Houston or Orlando.

Decent playground baller Lyoto15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Oh let me see....

LeBron
    Kobe
    Dwight
    Wade
    Artest
    Gasol
    Lamar
    Roy
    Ariza
    Melo
    Smith
    etc.

BUCK FOSTON!!!!!!!
    That those guys have something against boston, sure...But why would a scrub like Nate not want to be in Boston.

Im pretty sure all the "bench" players on nba teams, and even most of the starters would love to be a celtic or a laker.. Heck, they are championship teams.

I want to be on one of those teams too, Just not going to happen mister robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto15
    That those guys have something against boston, sure...But why would a scrub like Nate not want to be in Boston.

Im pretty sure all the "bench" players on nba teams, and even most of the starters would love to be a celtic or a laker.. Heck, they are championship teams.

I want to be on one of those teams too, Just not going to happen mister robinson.

True...the Lakers and Celts are a scrubs wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Exactly... I don't think we necessarily need him... We're not going to cut back Rondo's minutes for Nate and we'd be too undersized in the backcourt if we were to play them together for stretches. Sorry Nate... You should try either Houston or Orlando.

Agreed Boston has no need for Nate with Rondo there.

But Shane to the Celtics??? Just why would the Rockets do that?
    Celtics don't have Laker Gasol jack moves GTFOH. lol

Here's the explanation as to why it will be so tough to trade Nate Robinson. Well done by the New York Times:

[QUOTE]The other roadblock is Base Year Compensation, or BYC. It

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko

yeah but you guys want value for him before the end of the season, right? i mean you get nothing at all for Nate if you let him walk at the end.

From what it sounds like its difficult to trade Nate based on that BYC. Walsh seems sympathetic to this being Nates contract year where he needs to play, and given that D Antoni won't play him and seems almost to challenge and mock anyone who asks him, i don't see this thing fixing itself where Nate stays. I think the ONLY reason Nate wants to stay is because of his relationship with a lot of the fans that go to their games that love and chant his name but he needs to accept the coach isn't going to ever give him what he wants and he needs to get out of Dodge. Its why its dumb for him to go to the Celtics since he'll be in the same position riding the pine.

Its retarded for any young player who still needs to establish themselves to go to a stacked team and its laughable how agents allow their players to make those idiot mistakes constantly. Like i said players winding down their careers and have already made their miilliions like Marbury/Cassell makes sense to get a last shot at a ring but the last thing any player who hasn't and has a lot to prove should be doing is going to the Celtics where they won't get any run, and very limited touches. Its just so retarded how everyone pretends its alwasy in everyones best interest to go to a contender

Agreed Boston has no need for Nate with Rondo there.

But Shane to the Celtics??? Just why would the Rockets do that?
    Celtics don't have Laker Gasol jack moves GTFOH. lol
    Haha just me being hopeful; Shane Battier would be the perfect "final piece" in exchange for the salary expirer dumps. But its doesn't necessarily have to be him, just someone of that type.

No, Thanks.

-Danny A.

And I want to be a millionaire.