Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Get your shots in now....

....because as soon as Bynum comes back and the Lakers pickup a decent PG through FA or a trade, combined with guys like McRoberts and Murphy who, dare I say might fit these team better than Odom the Lakers are going back to the top
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Get your shots in now....

Wouldn't surprise me if that happened. But as for now... it's going to be a rough time for L.A fans.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #3
SAKOTXA
College superstar

SAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this board

The point guard situation...HAS to be sorted out. We just won't win much, if Fish gets more than 10mpg.
SAKOTXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #4
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

laker fans and their delusions. But I agree you really need to address that PG problem. Fisher should not be in the league. Carlos Arroyo is still out there. Chris Quinn. Hmm...Antoino Daniels, Pooh Jeter, Ronnie Price..pickings are slim, but it has to be better than Fisher.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #5
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge

laker fans and their delusions. But I agree you really need to address that PG problem. Fisher should not be in the league. Carlos Arroyo is still out there. Chris Quinn. Hmm...Antoino Daniels, Pooh Jeter, Ronnie Price..pickings are slim, but it has to be better than Fisher.

He's being pretty realistic if you ask me...

Didn't even mention D-Will and Howard!
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
....because as soon as Bynum comes back and the Lakers pickup a decent PG through FA or a trade, combined with guys like McRoberts and Murphy who, dare I say might fit these team better than Odom the Lakers are going back to the top

That is one big ****ing request. I think Mitch actually believes in fisher still playing.

Fisher will be the starting PG on the lakers when hes ****ing 45...
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:23 AM   #7
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

...and who is outgoing in a trade for a PG? Because I don't see the assets teams are supposed to be frothing at the mouth over.

Barnes? Career journeyman underachiever who played an entire season of uninspired ball and has struggled considerably as a starter so far in LA. World Peace? If the off-court distractions involved (like legally changing your name to something absurd) aren't enough, he's producing at an all time low in his third season with the Lakers. Walton? Please. Fisher? Why would a team shoot themselves in the foot by trading young and capable for old and half dead? A trade for a PG is not a realistic option, no matter how capable your front office is at squeezing blood from a stone.

I agree that having Bynum suited up and ready to play can improve conditions for the Lakers... but it's certainly not a cure-all. You've still got glaring, unaddressed weaknesses at the 1 and 3, as well as a PF who seems to be struggling with some demons related to trade rumors, all the while falling into his "soft" ways in the post that haunted him after the 2008 Playoffs.

Throw in a lackluster bench and an unfamiliar system with a defensive minded coach and you're looking at A LOT of potential for setbacks. I don't think the threads people are posting are all that much of stretch. The Lakers opportunity to contend for rings, at present, has certainly closed for the time being.

And, I'm sorry, but you just said Murphy appears to fit better with the Lakers than Odom, a guy boasting 6th Man Of The Year honors and frequently your teams most consistent player (certainly off the bench). There is no way you're confident with that assertion after four games, two post-season and two regular.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #8
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

We just need a serviceable PG and draft picks can go out for that. You act as if we WERENT up 10 in the 4th on a contender without our 3rd best player
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #9
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

If the Lakers were smart they would've moved up in the draft to select a good and very mature NBA-ready PG like Norris Cole

lakers missed out ;-)
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 AM   #10
CardiacKemba
High School Varsity 12th Man

CardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected posterCardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected posterCardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree somewhat, I think people are underrating how much of an impact Bynum will have with his return.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: