Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Nate Robinson wants to be a Celtic..

via espn.com
    http://www.celticslife.com/2009/12/n...be-celtic.html
    Robinson does want out, and a source close to the Robinson camp tells ESPN.com there's one place the former slam-dunk champion would truly like to land if a trade can be worked out: Boston.

Robinson also is what's known as a base-year compensation player, a designation given to any player whose salary rises more than 20 percent from the previous season (Robinson went from making $2.02 million to $4 million). If the Knicks found a trade for Robinson that was to his liking, they could only take back a player making $2.02 million or less -- and Walsh has been adamant that he will not take on any contracts that eat up the cap space he has squirreled away for next summer. (Note: A trade of Robinson to Boston for J.R. Giddens and Bill Walker would work under salary cap rules, but would add nearly $2 million to the Knicks' 2010-11 payroll. A Robinson-Marquis Daniels swap -- with all deals possibly brokered through a third team -- would make more sense for New York payroll-wise, but it is questionable whether that would interest the Celtics -- even with Daniels sidelined until the All-Star break by thumb surgery.)
    JR Giddens + Bill Walker for Kryptonate..make it happen Ainge..he could be a nice bench player for us.

Default Re: Nate Robinson wants to be a Celtic..

Lakers need to try to get this guy somehow. We need someone off the bench who can create their own offense. I would hate to trade Farmar or Shannon though...

No. Why do the Knicks do a trade that doesn't benefit us at all because someone is a malcontent? Take back Jefferies, and get Nate. Or send us a pick and get Nate. (As well as not adding salary.) He doesn't listen to coach, gets benched, so he deserves a trade to a contender?

Teams do not owe players playing time. They owe them a resonable chance to compete for playing time, and they gave Nate that, and he responded by doing the same stupid **** he always does, and got benched. If they were losing i'd understand but they are winning without him in the rotation.

You want another Eddie House?

I'm still hoping for a defensive wing (Shane Battier!) in exchange for the trade chips (Scal expirer, Tony Allen expirer, Giddens filler).

I wouldn't mind getting Robisnson but not really sure what his role would be...

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Take Jeffries and you can have him free of charge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No. Why do the Knicks do a trade that doesn't benefit us at all because someone is a malcontent? Take back Jefferies, and get Nate. Or send us a pick and get Nate. (As well as not adding salary.) He doesn't listen to coach, gets benched, so he deserves a trade to a contender?

Teams do not owe players playing time. They owe them a resonable chance to compete for playing time, and they gave Nate that, and he responded by doing the same stupid **** he always does, and got benched. If they were losing i'd understand but they are winning without him in the rotation.
    why would most teams give up any assets for a player that will be a unrestricted FA at the end of the season? unless its Boston, Lakers, or another contender theres no sense of urgency whatsoever to get Nate.

Nate is being dumb though. He wouldn't get much run in Boston even if it gives him a good chance at a ring. Following in Marbury's footsteps isn't a good idea either especially since Marbury was on the decline and Nate hasn't even come into his own yet. Nate needs to shut the hell up if he wants his situation to improve otherwise he's going to stay on the bench with the Knicks or get his wish and regret it sitting the pine in Boston. Nates a dumbass but i still love LiL HIM! His agent needs to take control and tell Nate to stfu and put him in a position where he'll get shots and playing time. He can worry about rings when he reaches Marbury's/Cassells age and decline.

whats laughable to me is half the Knick fans here pretend like nobody wants Nate4 and yet when trade discussions come up they get all pissy about letting him go for peanuts. So which is it? haha i didn't even know he got 6th man of the year votes last year. I hope Nate walks for nothing. Most Knick fans here don't deserve compensation for a player they pretend isn't worth anythinhg.

Nate needs to push for the Bulls, Heat, maybe even Grizzlies or Sacramento type teams.
    Last edited by Poodle; 12-21-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Decent college freshman

nate is garbage

The Celtics does not need him.

who cares about the celtics?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412

via espn.com
    http://www.celticslife.com/2009/12/n...be-celtic.html

JR Giddens + Bill Walker for Kryptonate..make it happen Ainge..he could be a nice bench player for us.
    This guy is ridiculous...hey trade me to a contender so I can come back and stick it to you.

Banned

he should go to the Magic to be united with Dwight. I didn't even think of that and Dwight could probably help push for it considering his clout and they won't likely have to give up much. They could also use some depth at the guard positions.

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

Who doesn't want to play for the Celtics?!

On a more serious note, how about to Orlando for Adonal Foyle? Nate can team up with Dwight for more highlight reel dunks

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    he should go to the Magic to be united with Dwight. I didn't even think of that and Dwight could probably help push for it considering his clout and they won't likely have to give up much. They could also use some depth at the guard positions.
    Great minds think alike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts
    Great minds think alike

hehe i have to give credit to truthkgray i wouldn't have thought of that until i saw his pics

Dwight even talked about Nate in some quote i read and how much teams could use him.
    Last edited by Poodle; 12-21-2009 at 01:00 PM.