Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Default Re: All the ref complaints are such overreactions

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Sorry bro. I don't befriend faggots who use their IL
    Good job

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Nah I didn't add you, we're tight.. I wouldn't do that to a bro.
    Man why are you trying so hard to be my friend? You have to be a top quality poster.

PM me for more info, and i'll consider letting you be my friend

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I'd be curious to see it slow motion. It looked to me like he got planted just in time, but I'm not as hardcore of a fan as you and i know you have a better understanding of the rules.

Hell Dmavs, you're a reputable poster. If you really believe these last two games were rigged, I'd love to see a thread breaking down the specific calls and rules
    Rigged? Nah....not really. That is just a term people use when the refs are horrible.

It's not that the charge call was the worst call ever...it's just that why would anyone be in favor of that call there? Did Durant play good defense? Did he for sure get set and take a real hit?

Hell no to both of those. It's a no call at worst...

Like I said, let the players decide the game.

play by play?...sure;

1. Barnes fouled RG...yet there was no call
    2. Ball was clearly off RG...yet refs gave ball to Thunder

The above is very important. The Clippers would have much rather given up 2 ft's there and had the ball with 11 seconds left tied...that was the worst case scenario.

3. On the last play...RG clearly fouls Paul when he loses the ball.

This is very important because the refs had just called Paul for a similar tap rewarding 3 ft's to WB...again, only reason they had a chance at 3 ft's was because of a missed foul and then wrong out of bounds review.

Tonight's game;

1. Collison jumps onto Paul after the play has been made for the Jordan dunk. Non call is absolutely the right call here...Paul didn't impact the play with the push (if you can even call it that) and honestly it's just protection as Collison was about to land on him.

Terrible call...just no way around this. Clippers were down 5 at the time.

2. The Griffin charge call. Not the worst call ever, but that is a really tough call to take down 5 at home...especially when he made the shot.

3. The WB tripping on his own up 4 late. A stop there and the Clippers have a real chance to win...despite the two bad calls above.

These games are really fragile. Often one play or one shot decides them.

As a fan of the game...I just can't agree that the refs didn't play a huge role in deciding the outcomes of the last 2 games.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It depends on the situations...

The last two games in crunch time are some of the worst reffing I've ever seen.

3 horrible calls all go against the Clippers in the last 3 minutes of this game tonight. You can't overcome that shit man...it takes away from the players deciding the games.

I actually would rather see the Thunder play the Spurs, but objectively...damn...just horrible shit.
    CP3 grabbed Collison's leg midair and elbowed him in the groin. You don't think that's worthy of a foul?

The charge on Blake wasn't legitimate?

And then on the flip side, if OKC loses the game, fans would be clamoring how the game/series was rigged for them in light of the Sterling controversy. Shit is pathetic.

Yeah there were questionable calls, even some flagrantly missed calls, but so do 90% of every playoff game in the major sports.

This whole rigging/conspiracy shit is for the birds. I'm all for debating a set of calls, but hanging onto the idea that games are pre-determined?

Only series I've ever seen where I felt that way was the 2002 WCF and 2006 Finals. I think it's pretty weak to constantly cling to the excuse that team A only won a series because of refs. What about Miami's run and BK giving the ball to Pierce one time too many down the stretch last night? What about the Clippers settling for jumpers and KD playing like a MVP in the third and fourth quarter tonight? What about the Wizards chucking three after three and not knowing how to properly execute an offense when managing a late deficit all series?

Nope. Let's just say the fix is in. Much more compelling argument. Yeah, I'll leave that for all you guys. Got better things to do.

The refs were clearly biased towards RefKC for the whole series, rigged or not.

Paul got in foul trouble in the first 15 seconds of game 2 because Westbrook RAN INTO A REF.

Blake got punched in the nuts and the refs didn't call anything, but when Paul accidentally collides into Collison they're quick to call a foul.

Don't even need to over game 5.

KD & Westbrook in games 4-6 shot 10 more FT's than the WHOLE CLIPPER TEAM COMBINED.

Clippers had 2 FTA in the 2nd half of game 6.

Local High School Star

I'm not talking about just Clipper fans.... OKC fans in the game thread were acting like this game was rigged in the Clippers favor, and vice versa. This are shit calls on both ends, but not enough to warrant the current overreaction. Game 5? Possibly... I mean all the press about that game was about the calls, and not about the comeback.... Tonight though there really wasn't anything that decided the game. Clips had a lead and blew it... Durant was on fire, Adams made a huge difference and jackson too. Quit the complaining boys... It honestly degrades the quality of the forum, and makes the game threads unreadable.
    All you need to know: game 5 fta: clippers 20 - Thunder 36 game 6 fta: clippers 20 - Thunder 33

Man why are you trying so hard to be my friend? You have to be a top quality poster.

PM me for more info, and i'll consider letting you be my friend
    I am top notch man.. I was voted most valuable poster 2013.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    CP3 grabbed Collison's leg midair and elbowed him in the groin. You don't think that's worthy of a foul?

The charge on Blake wasn't legitimate?

And then on the flip side, if OKC loses the game, fans would be clamoring how the game/series was rigged for them in light of the Sterling controversy. Shit is pathetic.

Yeah there were questionable calls, even some flagrantly missed calls, but so do 90% of every playoff game in the major sports.

This whole rigging/conspiracy shit is for the birds. I'm all for debating a set of calls, but hanging onto the idea that games are pre-determined?

Only series I've ever seen where I felt that way was the 2002 WCF and 2006 Finals. I think it's pretty weak to constantly cling to the excuse that team A only won a series because of refs. What about Miami's run and BK giving the ball to Pierce one time too many down the stretch last night? What about the Clippers settling for jumpers and KD playing like a MVP in the third and fourth quarter tonight? What about the Wizards chucking three after three and not knowing how to properly execute an offense when managing a late deficit all series?

Nope. Let's just say the fix is in. Much more compelling argument. Yeah, I'll leave that for all you guys. Got better things to do.

So lets get this straight.

You want a play that doesn't impact the dunk at all by Jordan to wipe it off the books? Really? Paul makes the pass and Jordan is going to dunk it...Collison leaves his feet and is about to land on Paul and you want a little shove there to wipe the play off the books? LOL...I hope you aren't serious.

Durant wasn't set! He was moving backwards when Griffin started his motion and then also was falling backwards before Griffin touched him.

Just don't call anything there. Let the players decide the game.

WB was not fouled by Jordan either...he literally just fell down.

How on earth could OKC fans argue about anything?

The Paul shove didn't impact the play at all
    Griffin/Durant call was 50/50 at best (being super generous here)
    Westbrook was absolutely not fouled

This is the problem with the current league and current fans. You guys want quick whistles. There is just no way a fan of the game can be in favor of the Paul foul, the Griffin charge, and the WB bailout.

Refs decided the game at the end. Just a fact. Doesn't mean the Clippers win or anything though.

I agree with what DMAVS is saying about how the refs blow their whistles too quickly, especially at the end of the game and make calls that often decide the game. I think the whole pre-determined thing is BS, but I don't think DMAVS is advocating that

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    I am top notch man.. I was voted most valuable poster 2013.
    PM me and we can discuss some ground rules, future information leaks, and a set of weekly chores for you and I will consider you my friend.

OP you were a leading voice during and after game 5 (and generally since PO started) saying shit is rigged, why are you changing your tune now? Did you see something in your time travels? Are you preparing to change sides?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Paul makes the pass and Jordan is going to dunk it...Collison leaves his feet and is about to land on Paul and you want a little shove there to wipe the play off the books?
    Why not call the offensive foul on collison for jumping to Paul? Its so dumb, someone jumps on you and a person's instinct would be to shield himself, yet that is a foul...Even if Paul just stood there and Collison crashed into him, it would be Paul's offensive foul haha

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    OP you were a leading voice during and after game 5 (and generally since PO started) saying shit is rigged, why are you changing your tune now? Did you see something in your time travels? Are you preparing to change sides?
    I was only trolling the shitty OKC fans who constantly complain about refs. If you see me make a serious post, I generally don't think games are rigged. Bad calls? Yes, but pre-rigged? Different story

rigged or not, refs DEFINITELY made an impact on this series. good officiated games are the ones where you don't remember/notice refs and the only thing people have been talking about ARE refs, even neutral fans. and also it's hilarious that Zbo got suspended in that game 7 but ibaka didn't get suspended for game 5 after punching griffin in the nuts which definitely would have swayed this series the opposite way.

PM me and we can discuss some ground rules, future information leaks, and a set of weekly chores for you and I will consider you my friend.
    Chores