Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default 5 most overrated players ever

1 Stefon Mulburry Star ego with a average players game.Everytime he leaves a team that team gets better.

2 Bill Walton Only 3 great years and he's a TOP 50 player and HOF

3 Vince Carter Great dunker gifted player and it all adds up he good not great.

4 Shawn Kemp had a few years with some good numbers but for the most part he was better at making babies than basketball

5 A Sabonis One of the first of the big soft Euro players he was so soft he makes Dirk look like KImbo Slice

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: 5 most overrated players ever

Sabonis was one of the most underrated players ever.......NBA fans never got to see how great he was.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    1 Stefon Mulburry Star ego with a average players game.Everytime he leaves a team that team gets better.

2 Bill Walton Only 3 great years and he's a TOP 50 player and HOF

3 Vince Carter Great dunker gifted player and it all adds up he good not great.

4 Shawn Kemp had a few years with some good numbers but for the most part he was better at making babies than basketball

5 A Sabonis One of the first of the big soft Euro players he was so soft he makes Dirk look like KImbo Slice
    Why post this when it's obvious you haven't watched Kemp, Sabonis, or Walton play?

Local High School Star

1. Kobe Bryant (compared to all time greats but hasn't shown he is on there level)

2. Wilt Chamberlain (a good player, but his numbers drop dramatically from the season to the playoffs)

3. Bill Russell (Dude shot under 44% for his career as a center)

4. Steve Nash (Has only been good for like 2-3 years in his career)

5. Elton Brand (only made the playoffs one time in his career)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
    1. Kobe Bryant (compared to all time greats but hasn't shown he is on there level)

2. Wilt Chamberlain (a good player, but his numbers drop dramatically from the season to the playoffs)

How many times do I have to tell you Nash haters?

He is a player whose game does not rely on his stats, but his impact on the court. He has been a vital asset to every team he has played on because how he impacts each and every thing that goes on on the offensive end. He might not get every basket or assist on every play, but he impacts the play on it so much that doesnt matter.

This is why I like his playing so much, he doesnt need amazing numbers to have the impact he has. Im a firm believer and enjoyer of the player who is a large asset to his team but doesnt get the big time numbers

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Why post this when it's obvious you haven't watched Kemp, Sabonis, or Walton play?
    Ive watched all of them
    Sabonis was a soft jump shooting center
    Walton was a great player but his prime was so short lived
    Kemp was a very athletic players but he's not a top 10 PF like many try and rank him He might not even be a top 15 PF

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets

Its no way anyone can say Kobe Russell and Chamberlin were overrated.Im not sure if i d say a man getting 20pts 10 rpg is overrated
    Nash maybe we can agree he stole at least one of his MVP's but he's still a top 5 PG in todays game

Bill Walton's accomplishments and achievements at UCLA are worthy enough to earn his spot in the HOF.

Other than the 1978 title in Portland, I'll agree that Walton was nothing spectacular in the NBA.

For reference, I despise Walton and cannot stand the vomit that spews from his mouth.

Magic Johnson

Ive watched all of them
    Sabonis was a soft jump shooting center
    Walton was a great player but his prime was so short lived
    Kemp was a very athletic players but he's not a top 10 PF like many try and rank him He might not even be a top 15 PF
    Have you seen Sabonis before he came to the NBA. He was very athletic before injuries derailed him. A lot of experts think he could've been one of the better centers the NBA has seen had he stayed healthy or come sooner.

Good college starter

[QUOTE=BULLS][LIST=1][*]Jerry West

[QUOTE=BULLS][LIST=1]
    [*]George Mikan

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    Jerry West — choking piece of dog **** who couldn’t win squat without Chamberlain
    George Mikan — unathletic, goggle-wearing loser who’d be worse than Spencer Hawes today
    Oscar Robertson — stat-stuffing loser who would have been ringless without the best center of his decade
    Bill Russell — the most offensively challenged center to ever make the HOF
    Bob Cousy — unbelievably terrible athlete who looked down at the ball whenever he dribbled

Good college starter

Have you seen Sabonis before he came to the NBA. He was very athletic before injuries derailed him. A lot of experts think he could've been one of the better centers the NBA has seen had he stayed healthy or come sooner.

Sabonis was a soft center of all the things a center needs is heart I dont want to hear what anyone did in Europe before 2000 it couldnt even compare to the CBA in the early 80's

Magic Johnson

Sabonis was a soft center of all the things a center needs is heart I dont want to hear what anyone did in Europe before 2000 it couldnt even compare to the CBA in the early 80's
    Like I said, you never saw him play. Just look at a picture of him before injuries set in. He was very thin.

Good college starter

Like I said, you never saw him play. Just look at a picture of him before injuries set in. He was very thin.
    I dont care if he's thin, muscular tall fat he didnt have any heart. I would not even rank him as a top 30 center of all time