Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Baller and Londoner... phxsuns4life's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose cant talk

D-Rose is certainly not stupid or retarded by any length. It is just that he like many other ballers before him saw basketball as plan A and his education took a back seat to that. Can't hate on him for that but I can't help but think what a difference another year as a Tiger would have done for him holistically.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    WTF do his stats have to do with the way he talks?! I didnt deny his stats, he is a great player, doesnt mean he doesnt sound like a spastic when he opens his mouth. And it is meaningless, doesnt mean he cant be talked about...Rose not being able to speak doesnt matter, its just an observation.

the point, dude, is that ranting about "meaningless" shyt is dumb...unless done on purpose.

Serious playground baller

Shock horror, a professional athlete who has dedicated his life to his sport over an academic career, is inarticulate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yeah I really noticed this on that commercial when he says "You think you got what it takes?"
    The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KubiliusF
    The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
    You're an even bigger tool than your avatar suggests....and that's saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    I luv Rose to death but I am certain they needed to do many takes while instructing him to speak clearly to get that clip. I don't believe that Rose is dumb, but he is a perfect example of an athlete that would have benefited from another year of college. A choice of a communication/broadcast major would have been very helpful to his future endorsements.
    I hate when people claim athletes lose out on so much education-wise by leaving school early. I seriously doubt these people have actually attended college. Most classes that I had that ever included a starter-level athlete who played either basketball, football, or baseball was barely ever attended by that player. Often times you only see them for exams (if then) and somehow they got the best paying work-study jobs that allow athletes from the poorest parts of the state to have some of the nicest cars on campus. This doesn't even mention the endless groupies that flock to these star players.

Derrick Rose may not be a good talker, but I have the outcome would be the same even had he stayed another year in college.

Not airballing my layups anymore nev3rh00d's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I hate when people claim athletes lose out on so much education-wise by leaving school early. I seriously doubt these people have actually attended college. Most classes that I had that ever included a starter-level athlete who played either basketball, football, or baseball was barely ever attended by that player. Often times you only see them for exams (if then) and somehow they got the best paying work-study jobs that allow athletes from the poorest parts of the state to have some of the nicest cars on campus. This doesn't even mention the endless groupies that flock to these star players.

Derrick Rose may not be a good talker, but I have the outcome would be the same even had he stayed another year in college.
    this

Banned

I luv Rose to death but I am certain they needed to do many takes while instructing him to speak clearly to get that clip. I don't believe that Rose is dumb, but he is a perfect example of an athlete that would have benefited from another year of college. A choice of a communication/broadcast major would have been very helpful to his future endorsements.
    thats stupid, learning to speak correctly is not something you learn in college.
    it has to be something you learn much earlier. and if you have to learn it late in your life,you dont need college for it

Banned

At least he's not one of them illiterate hood talking idiots that speak ebonics on a level nobody knows wtf they're saying. I swear half the kids from Baltimore talk another language that you need a translator to understand. Watching Chris Johnson give an interview yesterday was painful.

Actually, I think Rose is a good talker around his boys, peers...I think they understand him very well, he probably reverts to his natural swag...But with the Cameras, it seems like he's thinking before he talks and is trying to speak more proper...I mean, iv'e had to readjust my speech when i switched between talkin to the homies and talking to a Howdy Do stiff for a Job interview...

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    At least he's not one of them illiterate hood talking idiots that speak ebonics on a level nobody knows wtf they're saying. I swear half the kids from Baltimore talk another language that you need a translator to understand. Watching Chris Johnson give an interview yesterday was painful.
    Isn't he the guy with the Orgasm in his neck?....Give him a pass..

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Who learns how to speak in College? lol

Haha i still remember his interview after that round 1 of boston vs. bulls last playoffs. After Sheryl asked him a question he would - "It dun matta"

Me and my freinds were ROFL like crazy haha.

Good times. I still love him to death tho. Go bulls!

Rose can probably count the number of books he's read in his life on one hand.... if he could count.

He will get better due time. I remember Josh Smith was the same way, every other word he would say was "um".