Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default LeBron should have countered father time by sliding to the 4, not to the 2

Him dropping weight isn't looking like a good idea. I always thought that his best way of countering father time would be to permanently slide into a point forward role, operating from the post even more often and shit, but since he's dropped weight now he's like a less athletic no defense playing Bran from his first stint in Cleveland.

Shit is weird.

Default Re: LeBron should have countered father time by sliding to the 4, not to the 2

He looks good against the suns.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: LeBron should have countered father time by sliding to the 4, not to the 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He looks good against the suns.
    yeah, rest of the team looked like trash though

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    yeah, rest of the team looked like trash though

So whats the point of this thread then?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s

So whats the point of this thread then?
    What?

Why would I care about one game vs the Suns?

Very good NBA starter

What?

Why would I care about one game vs the Suns?
    He's rested his injuries and looked explosive again...

How you just gonna ignore facts

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    He's rested his injuries and looked explosive again...

How you just gonna ignore facts
    You're buying this shit?

Very good NBA starter

You're buying this shit?

Agreed.

He's still insanely athletic, but if he developed his post game more ... playing off the ball could help team dynamic. And he's still one of the most athletic SFs in the league, but at PF he'd easily be most athletic.

At that size he is ... playing perimeter, off the dribble, quick explosion PG type of game will DESTROY his lower body sooner, than later. Takes it's toll.

Could be why he's looking so much stiffer, and robotic instead of fluid or explosive. That's why he needed to take a damn 2 week vacay.

I mean at some point even lighter, actual guards have to contort their game. Small guards can't. Like Iverson. He just fell off the map. Unles they're big bodied or strong PGs like Billups, GP, Andre Miller, or ruthlessly intelligent strong PGs like Stockton.

But Jordan? He conserved energy and his body by becoming the best back to the basket player, with a patented fadeaway, and the best mid range game / jumper. Kobe was doing that for awhile, but then after Phil left he started relying too much on off the dribble stuff. I don't think he was strong enough to bang as a primarily back to basket dude.

Local High School Star

For once I actually agree with op, plus the fact lebron at the 4 means no need for love and lebron can mentor wiggins.
    That being said father time hasn't hit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    plus the fact lebron at the 4 means no need for love and lebron can mentor wiggins.
    True.

he's playing SG? really? i thought he just went back to his natural position, which was SF. the problem with Lebron playing PF is that on defense, he will get abused a lot by much bigger PFs. on offense, it's great, since no PFs in the league is as fast as him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    he's playing SG? really? i thought he just went back to his natural position, which was SF. the problem with Lebron playing PF is that on defense, he will get abused a lot by much bigger PFs. on offense, it's great, since no PFs in the league is as fast as him.
    Draymond green next to lebron =

Lebron making scrubs better and stars worse

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Agreed.

He's still insanely athletic, but if he developed his post game more ... playing off the ball could help team dynamic. And he's still one of the most athletic SFs in the league, but at PF he'd easily be most athletic.

At that size he is ... playing perimeter, off the dribble, quick explosion PG type of game will DESTROY his lower body sooner, than later. Takes it's toll.

Could be why he's looking so much stiffer, and robotic instead of fluid or explosive. That's why he needed to take a damn 2 week vacay.

I mean at some point even lighter, actual guards have to contort their game. Small guards can't. Like Iverson. He just fell off the map. Unles they're big bodied or strong PGs like Billups, GP, Andre Miller, or ruthlessly intelligent strong PGs like Stockton.

But Jordan? He conserved energy and his body by becoming the best back to the basket player, with a patented fadeaway, and the best mid range game / jumper. Kobe was doing that for awhile, but then after Phil left he started relying too much on off the dribble stuff. I don't think he was strong enough to bang as a primarily back to basket dude.
    I agree with you. Thing is, his post game currently is much better than what it used to be in his first stint with the Cavs. The issue though is, they already have Love at 4 and they desperately need LeBron to run their point. Kyrie is a shooting guard.