Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 14-15 Kobe vs 14-15 Pierce

Who would you rather have at this point?

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Default Re: 14-15 Kobe vs 14-15 Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Who would you rather have at this point?
    Pierce and it's not even close. Not even biased, I absolutely hate Pierce, however he has played great for my team this year so I can't complain.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

One is a productive player on a winning team, and the other is Kobe Bryant

I think Kobe started the year better. I liked when he came out gunning. In the meantime something bad must have happened physically to him.

Pierce, on the other hand, has a really good role to play on a much better team. He seems healthier too and dropped a bunch of weight. Anyone who has watched The Truth over the years knows that his game would carry on well as he ages. He never relied too much on athleticism. Craftiness keeps you in the game longer.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Kobe is a huge negative out there on the floor most nights As far as net plus/minus go he just might be the worst player in the league. I'm not even biased.

I'd rather have Vince over both.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Pierce is better. But to be fair he's been playing like an old vet since he was 23 , so this isn't much of a change for him. Kobe is a fish outta water.

Kobe is just a garbage basketball player, nobody wants trash on their team

the cheaper player

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    I think Kobe started the year better. I liked when he came out gunning. In the meantime something bad must have happened physically to him.

Pierce, on the other hand, has a really good role to play on a much better team. He seems healthier too and dropped a bunch of weight. Anyone who has watched The Truth over the years knows that his game would carry on well as he ages. He never relied too much on athleticism. Craftiness keeps you in the game longer.
    What? kobe was shit since the beginning

give me pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I'd rather have Vince over both.

I would say Pierce because he's a legend (like Dirk and Duncan) willing to accept a lesser role and money in order to win. Come playoff time, u will see the value of Pierce on the Wizards. The key is preserving the body to get through the regular season grind. Then from there step it up in the playoffs.

I really believe Pierce is still capable of averaging 19 points a night shooting around 45% like he did in Boston a couple of years ago. But his body would get more beat up and could suffer an injury to hurt the team. Instead, he's taking the smart and more safe approach. That's why he joined a talented young team like the Wiz. He can take a lesser role WHILE STILL being a valuable contributor to a possible title contending team.

If Kobe was willing to accept less money and scoring responsibility, the Lakers would be a lot better off. Dirk and Duncan are still All Star cailber players. Pierce is still a very good player. They have NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE! They are playing STRICTLY for the love of the game and rings!
    Last edited by bizil; 01-14-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I would say Pierce because he's a legend (like Dirk and Duncan) willing to accept a lesser role and money in order to win. Come playoff time, u will see the value of Pierce on the Wizards. The key is preserving the body to get through the regular season grind. Then from there step it up in the playoffs.

If Kobe was willing to accept less money and scoring responsibility, the Lakers would be a lot better off. Dirk and Duncan are still All Star cailber players. Pierce is still a very good player. They have NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE! They are playing STRICTLY for the love of the game and rings!
    seems to me that Kobe is the type of person that always has something to prove. there is a big difference in terms of motivation and drive between the two players. however, anyone who would take Kobe over Pierce this year would be making the wrong choice, simply from a health and form perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
    seems to me that Kobe is the type of person that always has something to prove. there is a big difference in terms of motivation and drive between the two players. however, anyone who would take Kobe over Pierce this year would be making the wrong choice, simply from a health and form perspective.
    I agree! With Kobe, I'm not knocking him for taking the money in general with the Lakers. But I think in order for the Lakers to have the most options available to sign free agents, I believe he should have taken less money. As u stated he is coming off those injuries and his FG% is 37%.

If he had more quality help, he could still average over 20 points with a much better FG%. At this point in Kobe's career, he needs more help than he ever has. Which is usually the case when u get older. His FG% is a huge indicator of that. But I will give Kobe this, it was about those serious injuries late in his career that has him at this point. If he never suffered that Achilles injury, I think he would still be getting 25 a night and shooting around 45% from the field. Many of the legends age gracefully without such a serious injury that late in their career.
    Last edited by bizil; 01-14-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I agree! With Kobe, I'm not knocking him for taking the money in general with the Lakers. But I think in order for the Lakers to have the most options available to sign free agents, I believe he should have taken less money. As u stated he is coming off those injuries and his FG% is 37%.

If he had more quality help, he could still average over 20 points with a much better FG%. At this point in Kobe's career, he needs more help than he ever has. Which is usually the case when u get older. His FG% is a huge indicator of that. But I will give Kobe this, it was about those serious injuries late in his career that has him at this point. If he never suffered that Achilles injury, I think he would still be getting 25 a night and shooting around 45% from the field. Many of the legends age gracefully without such a serious injury that late in their career.
    I was surprised that the Lakers offered the contract. Maybe they are looking more on the business side of it. It's hard to blame Kobe for taking that guaranteed money though. It was there to take it and winning a ring is never guaranteed even with a loaded roster. Maybe he is not driven as before or maybe he is just too stubborn to believed he still that player.