Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: The Clippers are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It's proven it exists. There are stories about it for weeks.
    Besides being reported they already have told the league about it in a phone call last week.

The problem is it was part of the original deal the NBA blocked. If they do it now it's just finding a way around what the NBA already told them they couldn't do.

Moral of the story for NBA teams, read all of the CBA so the league doesn't have to tell you what's in it and don't talk to the media.
    The league literally had to tell two NBA team front offices of something that's outlined in the CBA and somebody in one of these front offices leaked a story that should have been kept quiet until the deal was done.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    3 team trades are the way to go here - because the Celtics and Clippers are both receiving something from Indiana it's obviously not just a LA-Boston trade. Imo the Celts sending something to Indiana (future 2nd maybe) would be ideal to try and prove its not linked to Doc.
    Basically. It isn't dead for the Clippers to try to acquire Garnett, just more difficult. Another possible scenario:

Bos Out: KG, 2015 2nd
    Bos In: DJ, #25

Wash Out: Ariza, 2nd
    Wash In: Butler, 2015 Bos 2nd, 2014 & 2016 LA 2nd

LA Out: Butler, DJ, #25, 2014 & 2016 2nd
    LA In: KG, Ariza, Wash 2nd

Could work just as well. It was rumored that Clips were the ones who turned down a Butler/Ariza swap back in February, so they just add that in now.

Numerous plausible scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Basically. It isn't dead for the Clippers to try to acquire Garnett, just more difficult. Another possible scenario:

Bos Out: KG, 2015 2nd
    Bos In: DJ, #25

Wash Out: Ariza, 2nd
    Wash In: Butler, 2015 Bos 2nd, 2014 & 2016 LA 2nd

LA Out: Butler, DJ, #25, 2014 & 2016 2nd
    LA In: KG, Ariza, Wash 2nd

Could work just as well. It was rumored that Clips were the ones who turned down a Butler/Ariza swap back in February, so they just add that in now.

Numerous plausible scenarios.
    You really think David Stern wouldn't be insulted with a three team deal involving exactly the same players to exactly the same city as the trade he flushed, being KG to Clippers and DJ to Boston? You really think he doesn't clearly already know what the plan is? Would you not fear MORE backlash from someone you're trying to trick when its clear as day to everyone who even remotely follows basketball what the backup plan is? If you were going to insult the man, at least send DJ to the third team in the trade right, don't make it so obvious, right?

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    You really think David Stern wouldn't be insulted with a three team deal involving exactly the same players to exactly the same city as the trade he flushed, being KG to Clippers and DJ to Boston? You really think he doesn't clearly already know what the plan is? Would you not fear MORE backlash from someone you're trying to trick when its clear as day to everyone who even remotely follows basketball what the backup plan is? If you were going to insult the man, at least send DJ to the third team in the trade right, don't make it so obvious, right?
    If the third team is sending/receiving assets from both the Clippers & Celtics, I don't see why not. But sure, DJ to a third team, how about:

Bos Out: KG, 2015 & 2016 2nd
    Bos In: Marcin Gortat, Suns 2nd

Phx Out: Gortat, Dudley, 2nd
    Phx In: Jordan, #25

LA Out: Jordan, G. Hill Contract, W. Green, #25
    LA In: Garnett, Dudley, Phx 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    If the third team is sending/receiving assets from both the Clippers & Celtics, I don't see why not. But sure, DJ to a third team, how about:

Bos Out: KG, 2015 & 2016 2nd
    Bos In: Marcin Gortat, Suns 2nd

Phx Out: Gortat, Dudley, 2nd
    Phx In: Jordan, #25

LA Out: Jordan, G. Hill Contract, W. Green, #25
    LA In: Garnett, Dudley, Phx 2nd
    I think David could swallow this one much easier than the last one. I mean the dude is a powerhouse lawyer, if we as fans can see the back door tricks the Clippers could use to get what they want, I'm sure an intelligent person like David is well aware of it too. He doesn't seem like someone you would really want to push buttons with, even though he is retiring, I'm sure he can still do damage. You don't want to be the first team Adam Silver gets the chance to make an example of.

The Clippers are stupid
    They are regressing back to their mean, which has historically been league bottom feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    At least he listed the rules as a reason why he's going to block any Garnett trade. How hilarious would it be if he just said, "No Garnett to Clippers trade, Basketball Reasons" and walked out of the room.
    Funny that getting a coach and an over the hill player is "colluding" but colluding to sign two free agents to form the current Miami team is fine?

Wtf is this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Funny that getting a coach and an over the hill player is "colluding" but colluding to sign two free agents to form the current Miami team is fine?

Wtf is this shit?
    Actually Stern is still butthurt about what the Heat did, main reason the did whatever they did with the CBA...

OK, so getting Doc possibly means:

CP3 temporarily stops being a bitch and agrees to re-sign with the Clippers.
    Doc helps change the culture of the team and gets people to take them more seriously than they were when Del Negro was just yelling "PLAY HARD!" at the team during crunch time.
    The Clippers finally become an attractive destination for free agents, since they're starting to shake off the "Clippers are cheap bastards" reputation.

I might be wrong, then. The Clippers aren't stupid. Overreaction on my part because I think Doc's overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    OK, so getting Doc possibly means:

CP3 temporarily stops being a bitch and agrees to re-sign with the Clippers.
    Doc helps change the culture of the team and gets people to take them more seriously than they were when Del Negro was just yelling "PLAY HARD!" at the team during crunch time.
    The Clippers finally become an attractive destination for free agents, since they're starting to shake off the "Clippers are cheap bastards" reputation.

I might be wrong, then. The Clippers aren't stupid. Overreaction on my part because I think Doc's overrated.
    You're not wrong in thinking that Doc is being overrated, but he's still better than Negro. In my gut I believe if KG or Pierce do someday end up on the Clippers, it will be a mistake in CP3's judgment, and the team will be unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It's proven it exists. There are stories about it for weeks.
    Speculation isn't evidence lol

And the deal being written about was KG and Doc being moved at the same time

The fact that Rivers has signed on as the Clippers coach in a single compensation transaction means Stern has zero grounds to deny another trade between the Celtics and Clippers.

If the paperwork doesn't show any contingency the NBPA has grounds for grievance if KG does in fact want to play here.