Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Heat fans, what are your thoughts about Spurs sweeping Grizz?

Props to Spurs. They did Miami a favor by taking out one of the best defensive teams, best rebounding team (Miami's weakness) and had two shut down defenders in Tony Allen & Tayshaun Prince for Wade & LeBron. If Miami does advance, I got them sweeping Spurs. But I highly doubt that will happen for $$$. So Heat in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalLakersFan1
    It's very impressive that the Spurs swept a very good Memphis team (better than the Pacers imo), but the Heat match-up very well with the Spurs and are the better team. Heat in 6.
    Heat will sweep (LeBron's revenge)

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Heat make great point guards look average. Parker will have a very average series. Heat in almost 5 but 6.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    Props to Spurs. They did Miami a favor by taking out one of the best defensive teams, best rebounding team (Miami's weakness) and had two shut down defenders in Tony Allen & Tayshaun Prince for Wade & LeBron. If Miami does advance, I got them sweeping Spurs. But I highly doubt that will happen for $$$. So Heat in 5.
    Leonard/Green is a tougher matchup for the Heat than Prince/Allen, if for no other reason than Leonard and Green will keep the defence honest with their 3 point shooting.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Heat make great point guards look average. Parker will have a very average series. Heat in almost 5 but 6.
    This is true. Parker won't have the stats, but he'll have a lot of 'hockey assists'. Heat will double the pick and roll ball handler, he'll dump it off to the screener (Duncan or Diaw) who will either score or get the assist to a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieW
    This is true. Parker won't have the stats, but he'll have a lot of 'hockey assists'. Heat will double the pick and roll ball handler, he'll dump it off to the screener (Duncan or Diaw) who will either score or get the assist to a shooter.
    The heat much rather have duncan shoot the outside jumper than parker at the rim. And i don't think green and leonard is better defensively than allen and prince. They are younger and more athletic and better offensively but allen and prince are veteran defensive minded players that are capable of shutting down players.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Should be a very good series. Many here are not giving the Spurs a chance, which is interesting.

The Spurs are executing on a very high level. They are peaking, and something has to be said for that. I made this mistake this football season, picking my 49ers to decisively beat the Ravens. But the Ravens I had in my mind were the regular season variety, and that was my huge mistake. The playoff team was playing the right ball at the right time. That makes a team dangerous, and I expect the Spurs to give Miami all they can handle in some surprising ways.

As an aside, it's kind of funny that people are completely writing off Indiana right now in the media and projecting this series. If I'm Indiana I play with a large chip on my shoulder tomorrow night.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

I am a lot more excited about a Lebron-Spurs rematch then last seasons' Lebron-Durant showdown. The revenge plot is always interesting.

I would rather face SA than MEM. SA's defense is not as good as Indy, Memphis, and Chicago. Lebron will have a easier time scoring against the Spurs than Chicago. Also Wade will have a easier time against the Spurs than Indy and Chicago.

I wonder if Lebron will be extra motivated for revenge. You always get the feeling that Lebron's holds something back when he plays aside from select moments of the game like the 4th quarter. I'd love for him to go all out from start to finish.

Local High School Star

SPURS WILL SWEEP LEBRON AGAIN
    DUNCAN >>>>>>>> LEBRON

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    I'm just pleased with the fact that there will be a pretty cool storyline behind the finals (provided Heat beat Pacers).

We all remember Timmy telling a young Lebron ''this will be your league later, but for now get bent'' (ok he didn't exactly say that).

On the one hand if the Spurs win it will be the ultimate ''I'm not done yet'' moment for one of the greatest players of all time.

If the Heat win it will be the ultimate ''i finally got a second crack at the Spurs'' moment for one of the greatest players of all time.

win-win tbh.

The Heat and the Spurs have never meet in the playoffs. I could care less what happened between Lebron, while a Cav, and the Spurs.

We are the Miami Heat. Not the Miami Lebrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    DUNCAN >>>>>>>> LEBRON
    Bet on it.

You have to leave if the Spurs don't sweep. You have to be the most ass poster on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    DUNCAN >>>>>>>> LEBRON
    error in username, greg oden is at least 55

I really love our chances vs SA. Sure they have veterans who know how to step up in the playoffs but when our big three get rolling, we are tough to beat!

Anyways, we got King James so I'm not worried!!

WE DA BESS!! U MAD??

Shout out to my fellow bandwagoners like NumberSix, Plowking, EnoughSaid, Tazb, etc Feels good being a front runner, don't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I really love our chances vs SA. Sure they have veterans who know how to step up in the playoffs but when our big three get rolling, we are tough to beat!

Anyways, we got King James so I'm not worried!!

WE DA BESS!! U MAD??

Shout out to my fellow bandwagoners like NumberSix, Plowking, EnoughSaid, Tazb, etc Feels good being a front runner, don't it?
    Yeah, look at me bandwagoning here in 2008 after our 15 win season, discussing who we should take with our pick.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=88564

Sit down bitch.

lets not get ahead of ourselves...Spurs packed it inside and made it hell for Gasol and Z. Bo while daring the shooters to make baskets and they failed. They won't be able to do the same for the Heat.