Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default When Is Durant Going to Come Through?

Seems like a lot of posters insist that he is eventually going to start winning titles, MVPs, etc. But does it really look like its going that way? Its been 3 straight seasons where all we have heard is how voters will get tired of voting for LeBron for MVP. And LeBron still won 2 of the last 3 MVP awards. And I once again see posters saying the award is Durant's to lose again? Is he even the most important player on his team? And with the titles, I don't see it happening soon either. The Harden trade is looking like an absolute disaster and they still need a big that can score. I mean he could potentially never even be the best player in the NBA at anytime. I can see Wiggins being the guy to takeover as the best once LeBron starts to decline. Im not saying he will never be an MVP, champion, or eventual best player in the league. But I just don't get how some of you expect it.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: When Is Durant Going to Come Through?

If the Thunder don't win it this year, I think those questions have to be asked. Gotta give him a mulligan though because of Westbrook's fluke injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Seems like a lot of posters insist that he is eventually going to start winning titles, MVPs, etc. But does it really look like its going that way? Its been 3 straight seasons where all we have heard is how voters will get tired of voting for LeBron for MVP. And LeBron still won 2 of the last 3 MVP awards. And I once again see posters saying the award is Durant's to lose again? Is he even the most important player on his team? And with the titles, I don't see it happening soon either. The Harden trade is looking like an absolute disaster and they still need a big that can score. I mean he could potentially never even be the best player in the NBA at anytime. I can see Wiggins being the guy to takeover as the best once LeBron starts to decline. Im not saying he will never be an MVP, champion, or eventual best player in the league. But I just don't get how some of you expect it.

Jeff keeps banning you, but why are you never permabanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    If the Thunder don't win it this year, I think those questions have to be asked. Gotta give him a mulligan though because of Westbrook's fluke injury.
    Agreed. I don't hold Westbrook's injury against him. Im just really not buying into Durant taking over as the best player in the league. LeBron isn't going to be this good forever, but I honestly believe there will be someone else in line waiting to be that best player in the league before KD gets a turn. Same thing with all the future accolades he is supposedly going to win. Don't be shocked if doesn't happen. He is an amazing player. But he isn't some kind of dominant two-way player that is going to takeover the league imo.

I think the Thunder lost their chances to dominate the West when they traded Harden. They should've traded Ibaka for picks or a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    I think the Thunder lost their chances to dominate the West when they traded Harden. They should've traded Ibaka for picks or a rookie.
    Yea, I never got the rush to sign Ibaka over Harden. I know they need bigs, but Ibaka is pretty overrated imo. He blocks a lot of shots and will hit a midrange jumper. But the guy really isn't all that special as a one on one defender. Neither is Harden, but he made OKC very dangerous.

Dunking on everybody in the park

These new "superstars" are getting too much excuses. They say, "oh, durant is young, can't put pressure on him, he will get better, blah, blah, blah".

But the truth is that true superstars like kobe, wade and james were dominating in their young years. Kobe was in a threepeat team in the beggining of his career, wade won finals MVP in his third year and lebron in his fourth year was carrying his shitty cavs team to the finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Heeeee back doe.

Agreed. I don't hold Westbrook's injury against him. Im just really not buying into Durant taking over as the best player in the league. LeBron isn't going to be this good forever, but I honestly believe there will be someone else in line waiting to be that best player in the league before KD gets a turn. Same thing with all the future accolades he is supposedly going to win. Don't be shocked if doesn't happen. He is an amazing player. But he isn't some kind of dominant two-way player that is going to takeover the league imo.
    Who? Who is going to be that player? Durant's the clear-cut 2nd best player in the league right now and he's just 24 years old. If it wasn't for one of the 5-10 best players of all-time being at his peak right now, he'd have 3 MVP's and a ring all by the age of 24. I can't think of another young player that's shown anywhere close to as much potential/promise as Durant. Guys like Kyrie, George, Westbrook, Harden, and Curry may be nipping at his heels soon, but he's still in a different class than all of them right now. And the only one that's significantly younger than him is Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    Kobe was in a threepeat team in the beggining of his career
    Give Durant someone as good as peak Shaq the first 8 years of he's winning multiple rings, too.

wade won finals MVP in his third year
    Fair enough.

and lebron in his fourth year was carrying his shitty cavs team to the finals.
    In an incredibly weak East.

If he's not at least in the Finals next year or doesn't win it all. He should start getting that pre-LeBron ring treatment (that's of course, he put's up monster numbers like LeBron did against Orlando). He's around the same age LeBron started getting the criticism and choke artist name, so it's only fair Durant does too.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Give Durant someone as good as peak Shaq the first 8 years of he's winning multiple rings, too.

Fair enough.

In an incredibly weak East.
    Did you happened to ever take a look at that 07 Cavs roster? That team would have been in the Oden/Durant sweepstakes if it wasn't for LeBron. Its hard to play the weak East card when LeBron is on a team that starts Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, and a rookie 2nd round PG in an NBA Finals game.

Did you happened to ever take a look at that 07 Cavs roster? That team would have been in the Oden/Durant sweepstakes if it wasn't for LeBron. Its hard to play the weak East card when LeBron is on a team that starts Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, and a rookie 2nd round PG in an NBA Finals game.
    I'm thinking the last two versions of Durant could've at least got that team to the ECF in the '07 East. I know LeBron was 22, but 22-24 year old LeBron was better than 22-24 year old Durant. I still don't understand the point of this thread. He made the Finals last year at 23, as his teams best player, with an equally young supporting cast and lost to the best player in the league at his peak. Won 60 games and looked poised to return to the Finals this year, but he lost Westbrook in the first round.

So, what's the point of this thread right now? Why not wait until next summer to start it if Durant doesn't make the Finals or loses in the Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm thinking the last two versions of Durant could've at least got that team to the ECF in the '07 East. I know LeBron was 22, but 22-24 year old LeBron was better than 22-24 year old Durant. I still don't understand the point of this thread. He made the Finals last year at 23, as his teams best player, with an equally young supporting cast and lost to the best player in the league at his peak. Won 60 games and looked poised to return to the Finals this year, but he lost Westbrook in the first round.

So, what's the point of this thread right now? Why not wait until next summer to start it if Durant doesn't make the Finals or loses in the Finals?
    Im not denying Durant will play in more Finals. Its the part about how we should expect him takeover the league and win MVPs.

its hard to do that when your rival (portrayed by the media) goes off and forms a super team