Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Clinching Game Stats for MJ, Kobe, LeBron...

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Still...

Jordan > LeBron > Kobe > Wade > Carmelo
    I don't have any problem with the way people wish to rank players after all context is applied to the situation but to ignore how effective those teams were at limiting scoring efficiency in that given year is a glaring error that is sadly often made on these forums. Frankly these numbers are meaningless without that context.
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 07-14-2013 at 12:19 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    I don't have any problem with the way people wish to rank players after all context is applied to the situation but to ignore how effective those teams were at limiting scoring efficiency in that given year is a glaring error that is sadly often made on these forums. Frankly these numbers are meaningless without that context.
    Nobody cares about this last ditch excuse making for Bryant but yourself, must be pretty infuriating for you.

Very good NBA starter

Man stop your bs and sit your dumbass down.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
    Nobody cares about this last ditch excuse making for Bryant but yourself, must be pretty infuriating for you.
    Who said anything about Kobe? I'm talking about considering the defenses faced when comparing the raw offensive numbers of players who played against them. Its context vital and valid for any box score comparisons among players who faced different teams. It's not remotely controversial.

Kobe's 3PT% is pretty good and far better than all the other guys... but I wonder why his FT% isn't higher, you'd think someone who can drain 3s can easily make more than 80% of his free throws...

Who said anything about Kobe? I'm talking about considering the defenses faced when comparing the raw offensive numbers of players who played against them. Its context vital and valid for any box score comparisons among players who faced different teams. It's not remotely controversial.
    True, for a normal poster it's not controversial. But it's you...one of the biggest Kobe d***riders on here. Really, I'm going to guess the difference in defenses faced isn't going to be enough to convince me Kobe's 26 PPG on 46% shooting is as impressive as Jordan's 34 PPG on 49% shooting.

True, for a normal poster it's not controversial. But it's you...one of the biggest Kobe d***riders on here. Really, I'm going to guess the difference in defenses faced isn't going to be enough to convince me Kobe's 26 PPG on 46% shooting is as impressive as Jordan's 34 PPG on 49% shooting.
    So you agree with me, but just don't like to admit it because you hold some silly personal vendetta against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121

So you agree with me, but just don't like to admit it because you hold some silly personal vendetta against me.
    Right, but you're a single player obsessed troll, so I have no problem admitting I have a personal vendetta against you.

Very good NBA starter

Show me a defensive stat that shows you the specific pressure/gameplan that a certain player faced. Why did LJ play better against the packers not the bulls? Why did LJ struggle against the spurs but the #1 rated defense pavers had his best series. Show me that stat then we can start to talk about context and Shit.

Very good NBA starter

Right, but you're a single player obsessed troll, so I have no problem admitting I have a personal vendetta against you.

I don't know how you consider my post trolling when you already admitted you agree with it.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

So much useless jizz on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Show me a defensive stat that shows you the specific pressure/gameplan that a certain player faced. Why did LJ play better against the packers not the bulls? Why did LJ struggle against the spurs but the #1 rated defense pavers had his best series. Show me that stat then we can start to talk about context and Shit.
    So you want to ignore the vast amounts of data we do have because we don't have some impossible data that you really want.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

TS and def rating don't give full context because they say nothing about how all the other teammates contributed to the games. Only way to get full context is to sit down and watch each game.