Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DBDs

Default Re: Brand or Bosh or Jermaine

One thing is clear. Seems to me very few guys here have watched Bosh play (as much as others) these last two years...

Quote Originally Posted by nucomy
    how does a guy who averages 20 and 10 for a career not get mentioned in the top ten???

simple actually... brand has had 1 playoff appearance for his career...

if hes so great how is it he hasnt been able to take his teams to the next level.

nd the bulls and clippers are crap organizations but the raptors havent been that incredibly successful either and bosh has lead them to PO
    Because Brand is not a leader. Bosh is the best leader of the bunch, but Brand is the best player. He doesn't hold the intangibles in order to be a leader.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease AllNBAArenas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
    One thing is clear. Seems to me very few guys here have watched Bosh play (as much as others) these last two years...

Why do you have to watch him play when thousands of Raptors fans are willing to go into painful detail how "good" he is to anyone unfortunate not to turn away quick enough.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
    Why do you have to watch him play when thousands of Raptors fans are willing to go into painful detail how "good" he is to anyone unfortunate not to turn away quick enough.

Point made.

Don't think that JO or Brand are close to Bosh anymore. JO has been talking about Bosh in interviews a lot in the last couple days, and its clear to JO who the superstar is. Toronto is outside the range of ESPN, so he doesn't get juiced up like DWade.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy

Point made.

Don't think that JO or Brand are close to Bosh anymore. JO has been talking about Bosh in interviews a lot in the last couple days, and its clear to JO who the superstar is. Toronto is outside the range of ESPN, so he doesn't get juiced up like DWade.
    @ that. You serious? Brand is a superior player unless he gets hurt again

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Just something to compare the players at similar ages. Brand and O'Neal for 4 seasons from 22 to 25 and Bosh over his last three seasons from 21 to 23. All stats (except MPG, which is actual) were adjusted to assume every guy plays 36 min per game.

Player Age MPG Pts/36 Reb/36 Ast/36 Blk/36 TOV/36
    Bosh 21 to 23 38.0 21.3 9.1 2.4 1.1 2.2
    O'Neal 22 to 25 35.7 18.3 10.2 1.8 2.5 2.3
    Brand 22 to 25 38.2 18.1 10.1 2.5 2.1 2.3

Player Age TS% FG%
    Bosh 21 to 23 0.583 0.498
    O'Neal 22 to 25 0.513 0.464
    Brand 22 to 25 0.563 0.506

So basically at a younger age, Bosh is putting up numbers that are very similar to both Brand and O'Neal did from 22 to 25. Someone earlier mentioned Bosh's poor FG%. It's roughly the same as Brand's and better than O'Neal's. When you look at true shooting %, which also factors in free throw shooting to measure scoring efficiency, Bosh is the most efficient scorer of the bunch. I'm not saying he has been as good as Brand throughout his career, but Bosh has a very good chance of being the best of the three by far.

Brand/Bosh
    O'Neal

Jermaine was good for all of 4 years in the league. Then he got hurt

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Brand>>Bosh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(keep going)JO

Saw a basketball once IversonKings3's Avatar

Right now Id have to pick Bosh, but throughout there career it would have to be Brand, but hes surpassed his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by IversonKings3
    Right now Id have to pick Bosh, but throughout there career it would have to be Brand, but hes surpassed his prime.
    How has he passed his prime? He's 29

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I am a Raptor Fan and I think Brand is the best player, if he is back to full strength. Bosh just isn't good at D right now. If I was starting a team, of course I would take Bosh. I wouldn't deal Bosh for Brand straight up right now mostly due to age. But in terms of all around game, Brand is a better player because of his rebounding and D. He scores around the hoop a lot too, where Bosh settles for tons of jumpers.

BUT...and this is a big BUT.....Mitchell is a disaster when it comes to offensive game plan. If Bosh had a capable coach, he could be devastating on the block. But it's pick and pop city here in TO.

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Bosh is still young has way more moves and would murder Elton Brand 1 on 1

Bosh
    Brand
    JO

Serious playground baller

Bosh - Brand - JO

Bosh is better then both of them when he is playing PF there is not really a question about it.

When Bosh was playing PF against teams with weak centers (so he didn't have to play center), He averaged close to 30-9 with the highest PER out of any big man in the entire NBA. When our centers were actually playing well, he had 12 straight 30+ point games, and he averages less points allowed per 100 possessions then any PF in the NBA, and more rebounds per 100 possessions then both Oneal and Brand.

Not only that, but he is still young, and he is improving every year.

Oneal is a better defender then Brand is. However Brand just has a better all around game then JO.

Decent playground baller power works's Avatar

I think JO is on track for a full recovery and a healthy year. Being of sound body is a great start, but he

National High School Star

Boozer>Bosh>brand>Jermaine