Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Undefeated

Default Re: 2016 US Olympic Team vs The Rest of the Best of the US

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    I'll give you better iOS/shooters, although the gap is small, if there even is one.

But better two way players?
    Kyrie and Curry are both average defenders.
    Klay>>Harden
    Durant<<Kawhi
    Melo<<Lebron
    Cousins<AD

Non-team USA has too many weapons on both sides of the court. With Lebron playing point forward and Curry, Harden, and Kawhi spreading it'd be too much.

This isn't even accounting bench support which would include Lowry, Derozan, Barnes...
    non-USA two-way players: LeBron, CP3, Kawhi, Davis.

USA two-way players: Durant, Klay, Dray, George, Butler

And as of now, Cousins > AD as a player. Jordan > Howard

Also, and most importantly, team USA has many players that don't need the ball in their hands to be effective. On non USA you have Harden, CP3, Westbrook, LeBron... bunch of guys that NEED the ball to be effective

That's why the "this guy > this guy at scoring" argument doesn't work. We know by now it's the chemistry that matters, and it looks to me USA would have much better chemistry than non-USA. Better spacing/shooting, better perimeter defense, better ISO play, better post-play = better team

Edit: Davis is injured, so he should be left off. So that's one less two-way player for nonUSA
    Last edited by KiiiiNG; 07-24-2016 at 03:50 AM.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

At the first glimpse I was gonna say the team with Lebron, I still think if it's one game Lebron/Kawhi/Westbrook would pull it out, but over a 7 game series the Olympic Team has too many great 2-way swingmen with size between Carmelo, George, Butler, Klay, Derozan. I think they could eventually wear down Lebron/Kawhi and could bother Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    non-USA two-way players: LeBron, CP3, Kawhi, Davis.

USA two-way players: Durant, Klay, Dray, George, Butler

Non-USA has the better defenders of that bunch.
    And if Durant is getting grouped in as a two-way player then so does players like Westbrook, Wall, etc.

And as of now, Cousins > AD as a player. Jordan > Howard
    No, just no to both. Healthy AD was getting talks of becoming the 3rd best player in the league after Lebron/Curry after 2015 and was expected to be MVP. Boogie has NEVER been on that level.

And Jordan can't even create his own shot. I'd take a broken down Dwightnover him any day.

Also, and most importantly, team USA has many players that don't need the ball in their hands to be effective. On non USA you have Harden, CP3, Westbrook, LeBron... bunch of guys that NEED the ball to be effective

That's why the "this guy > this guy at scoring" argument doesn't work. We know by now it's the chemistry that matters, and it looks to me USA would have much better chemistry than non-USA. Better spacing/shooting, better perimeter defense, better ISO play, better post-play = better team
    This makes sense on paper, but it's been proven time and time again that that's not the case.
    2013 Lebron/Wade/Bosh all needed the ball to be effective yet beat the 2013 Spurs whom had vastly superior ball movement and off ball players.
    Same with 2016 Cavs beating the Warriors.
    You simply aren't beating a team led by Lebron/Curry offensively with Lebron/Kawhi/AD defensively. It's not happening.

Edit: Davis is injured, so he should be left off. So that's one less two-way player for nonUSA
    From what I remember he's recovering from knee surgery. I wouldn't necessarily call him "injured" whatever. Dwight would be a fine replacement anyway.

I like Kyrie and Butler but c'mon

Curry / CP3 / Lillard
    Harden / Westbrook
    Bron / Leonard
    Aldridge / Griffin
    Davis / Howard

Absolutely kills it.

Same gravity with shooting from the perimeter. Spacing. Superior IQ, passing, and most importantly defense. Similar size but more skill and versatility.

While also featuring probably 7 of the 8 best players from both teams.

Including the best player.

I rule the local playground

The team thats currently being pumped with PEDs wins this easily. The others will have to wait for the next free cycle window