Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Dasher is picking us apart right now for Seattle. At least I think so.

He capitalizes on Beasley falling to #4 and picks up great prospects at center and point guard. Could a gamble on Dragic at #24 and was still able to pick up Ibaka in the 2nd (a pick of a lot of people would have made for Seattle at #24).

Great draft, man.
    Thanks for the kudos, I believe in following my draft board.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Thanks for the kudos, I believe in following my draft board.
    Yes, well done Dasher!!! One potentially good alternative approach could have been taking a college senior guard like Gordon (edit: not "Gorson"), Nelson, Weaver or Weems who can definitely give 15 mins a game right away, and take only one of Ibaka or Dragic. You probably did right choices, but because Seattle roster isn't that deep - and it's quite unlikely both Dragic and Ibaka can contribute right away - I think you could have also done well picking one of the players I mentioned.
    Last edited by disco; 06-21-2008 at 09:09 PM.

The Sonics have 3 more second round picks. I still have the chance to add those type of players.

Good High School Starter

The next pick is easy. Despite drafting Eric Gordon to be their future go-to scorer, the Clippers still need some help on the wing, and the best prospect by far on the board is Nicolas Batum. I can't believe he fell this far, but I think if he did the Clippers would jump all over him. They are in a full rebuilding mode and Batum has as much potential as anyone outside of the top 5 or so. Thorton, Gordon, and Batum is a nice trio to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    The next pick is easy. Despite drafting Eric Gordon to be their future go-to scorer, the Clippers still need some help on the wing, and the best prospect by far on the board is Nicolas Batum. I can't believe he fell this far, but I think if he did the Clippers would jump all over him. They are in a full rebuilding mode and Batum has as much potential as anyone outside of the top 5 or so. Thorton, Gordon, and Batum is a nice trio to build around.
    damnit! i was hoping that was still going to go unnoticed until my bulls pick at 39. thought everyone was just assuming he had already been picked.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Didn't even realize Batum was still on the board, would have taken him for Portland.

Anyway, with the 36th overall pick Portland selects F/C Ante Tomic, Croatia
    With the 37th pick, the Bucks select G Gary Forbes, UMass

EDIT: changed my #36 pick
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 06-21-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Beasley and Batum are the steals of the draft so far. I thought about taking him, but I actually have someone rated higher than him at SG that is still on the board, and the Sonics won't have to wait a year for him to come over.

NBA sixth man of the year

Yeah, I knew monthh wouldn't pass up Batum. I almost thought about just putting on the board without his response.

Good High School Starter

I had a hard time passing him up at 17, 20, and 27, but I would have passed him up for the Clippers if I didn't think he was a good fit. Gordon is only like 6-3 and I'm not a huge Thorton fan and think he may be about as good as he is going to get. Thorton should either make a nice backup or be used in a trade, or they even could start all three in a fast paced offense that isn't worried about size. I just think that at 6-8 Batum gives them some options to play around with in the starting lineup if he is as good as he could be.

I had a hard time passing him up at 17, 20, and 27, but I would have passed him up for the Clippers if I didn't think he was a good fit. Gordon is only like 6-3 and I'm not a huge Thorton fan and think he may be about as good as he is going to get. Thorton should either make a nice backup or be used in a trade, or they even could start all three in a fast paced offense that isn't worried about size. I just think that at 6-8 Batum gives them some options to play around with in the starting lineup if he is as good as he could be.
    monthh its your turn to choose for charlotte. don't take my guy please:)
    Last edited by Posterize246; 06-22-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Good High School Starter

For Charlotte I will take DJ White. I know with Randolph as the 1st round pick and Okafor already in place at PF, this seems like a wasted pick, but I think Okafor is better at center than anyone left in the draft and Randolph will take some time to develop. White will be able to help them out right away.

For Charlotte I will take DJ White. I know with Randolph as the 1st round pick and Okafor already in place at PF, this seems like a wasted pick, but I think Okafor is better at center than anyone left in the draft and Randolph will take some time to develop. White will be able to help them out right away.
    monthh you're killin me!first speights is takin at 15 b4 my 16 and now dj white a pick ahead of where I wanted him.damn.

bulls select sonny weems at #39. bulls now have the makings of the most athletic backcourt of the future in rose/weems and gives them more height at the position over ben gordon. I also don't think larry hughes will be in chi-town for forever. weems is my pick

NBA sixth man of the year

Dasher selects Nikola Peckovic for the Nets.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Dasher selects Nikola Peckovic for the Nets.
    Damn, I was hoping he would slip to Sacramento.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

With the 41st overall pick, the Indiana Pacers select Richard Hendrix, F Alabama