Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    With the 41st overall pick, the Indiana Pacers select Richard Hendrix, F Alabama
    Noooooo!!!! My 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice: White, Pekovic and Hendrix all went with the last 4 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    Noooooo!!!! My 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice: White, Pekovic and Hendrix all went with the last 4 picks.
    Can't help but laugh.

Ok. In a way Kings could use one their second round picks (42 and 43) to draft a young European and let him develop abroad, but I don't really like anyone who's left on board (Asik, Ponkrashov, Erden...) and instead take two players who should provide some help immediately:

With the 42nd pick, Kings select: Mike Taylor from Idaho (D-League) Taylor could have been a lottery pick had he not messed up his college career. At the camp he showed he's way ahead of most of the guard prospects in terms of athletism and scoring abilility and he displayed pretty good pg skills too. He could be Louis Williams pt2, but with better court vision. Yes, this is a risky pick, but Kings need help at pg position, and of the people left on the board - and heck, from everyone not named Rose, Bayless, Westbrook and Augustin - he has the best talent.

With the 43rd pick, Kings select: Ryan Anderson from California This is a steal. Sacramento's first round pick was Arthur, so they already addressed their PF need, but I think this is still the areas where they could use extra help. I would have liked Pekovic, Hendrix or White better, because of the the type of players they are, but talent-wise, Anderson might actually be better than any of them. He is not a freak athlete, but he is pretty versatile and is still quite young.
    Last edited by disco; 06-23-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Ok. In a way Kings could use one their second round picks (42 and 43) to draft a young European and let him develop abroad, but I don't really like anyone who's left on board (Asik, Ponkrashov, Erden...) and instead take two players who should provide some help immediately:

With the 42nd pick, Kings select: Mike Taylor from Idaho (D-League) Taylor could have been a lottery pick had he not messed up his college career. At the camp he showed he's way ahead of most of the guard prospects in terms of athletism and scoring abilility and he displayed pretty good pg skills too. He could be Louis Williams pt2, but with better court vision. Yes, this is a risky pick, but Kings need help at pg position, and of the people left on the board - and heck, from everyone not named Rose, Bayless, Westbrook and Augustin - he has the best talent.

With the 43rd pick, Kings select: Ryan Anderson from California This is a steal. Sacramento's first round pick was Arthur, so they already addressed their PF need, but I think this is still the areas where they could use extra help. I would have liked Pekovic, Hendrix or White better, because of the the type of players they are, but talent-wise, Anderson might actually be better than any of them. He is not a freak athlete, but he is pretty versatile and is still quite young.
    Those are nice back to back picks.

With the 44th pick the Jazz select George Hill, IUPUI. The Jazz have really struggled to find a solid backup for Deron Williams. Jason Hart is a free agent this summer. Ronnie Price showed flashes in the playoffs but only averaged 9.6mpg last season and 5.6mpg during the playoffs. It's clear that Jerry Sloan does not trust him to run his team when DWill comes out of the game. George Hill has good size (6'2" 180) and averaged 21.5 ppg, 4.3 apg, 6.8 rpg, and 1.8 spg as a junior while shooting 54.5% from the field and 45% from three point range.

Spurs:Anton Ponkrashov

The OKC Banditos: Sonny Weems

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Spurs:Anton Ponkrashov

The OKC Banditos: Sonny Weems
    Hasn't Weems been selected already?

Hasn't Weems been selected already?
    Did it again. The Sonics select Steven Hill C Arkansas. He gives them some shotblocking, and can be a good stop-gap player until Saer Sene develops.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

With the 47th pick the Washington Wizards select Kyle Weaver, G Washington State

I think this is an absolute steal.

NBA sixth man of the year

Whoa! Dasher showing Arkansas some love.

NBA sixth man of the year

InspiredLebowski is having a good draft for Washington right now.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Whoa! Dasher showing Arkansas some love.
    Grew up in SEC country, and the Hogs have players. His shotblocking ability will translate to the NBA right away. The Sonics need someone to alter shots after KD gets beat on the wing if he remains at the 2.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I can't wait to make my last Portland pick. They may package some of their picks, but if they kept all of them he makes for a great prospect.

The Suns grab hustle man James Mays.

McCants is Available!!

The Warriors select Shan Foster

possibly the best shooter in the draft

Sonics:Bryce Taylor, the best shooter in the draft.

Dallas: Trent Plaisted