Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: DeJuan Blair

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Default Re: DeJuan Blair

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    Look who he played against... quite possibly the team most hurting for quality big men.

Not trying to say he wasn't a steal, cuz he was... but lets not go overboard on a good performance on a weak team during the pre season.
    Scola, Landry and Hayes aren't crap. So please don't try to put a dent into Blair's performance.

He made Scola look like his *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob123
    Yeah shame on him for dong well against the front court that took the lakers to 7 games just a few months ago.
    Exactly. He didn't beast against trash.

19 boards, even in a preseason game you can't say that's not impressive. 8 on the offensive glass alone, that's just outstanding. Blair is just a motivated player, when he comes to play he's there 100%. As long as we can keep his effort consistent throughout the season he will find his way onto the floor for a good 15-20 minutes a game.

It was very impressive, but let's wait and see how he does in the next games. I'm not trying to say this wasn't impressive, but he did it against maybe the weakest front court in the league.

But i don't think he will get much PT in the playoffs, maybe in the reg season to rest Dice and Timmy, but not in the playoffs cuz Duncan, Dice & Bonner would take almost all the minutes.

No one wants a player to get injured - I said lets not forget why he dropped that low.
    The vast majority of team doctors said his knees are completely screwed. It was too risky. The spurs were willing to take that risk, where as other teams want more than 5 injury riddled seasons out of an undersized power forward that went missing under pressure.
    Spurs had nothing to lose here, only some short term gain. Hopefully for Blair's sake, the doctors were wrong - but you have to go with their advice in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    But i don't think he will get much PT in the playoffs, maybe in the reg season to rest Dice and Timmy, but not in the playoffs cuz Duncan, Dice & Bonner would take almost all the minutes.
    I guarantee Blair gets minutes in the playoffs. Aside from Duncan and Dice, there are no rebounders. That was one of our biggest problems last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    I guarantee Blair gets minutes in the playoffs. Aside from Duncan and Dice, there are no rebounders. That was one of our biggest problems last season.
    I would easly play Bonner over a rookie Blair in the playoffs

george hill showed pop that some rookies deserve some run in the postseason last year.

he played well when given the chance and saw a pretty good amount of PT

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

someone make a motivational poster of a bear growling with a basketball in its hand and put blairs name underneath it. With the words blair = beast

Seriously this guy is a rebounding behemoth. His defense needs some improvement though, but pop and the spurs staff is probably the best in the league to mentor him in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    I would easly play Bonner over a rookie Blair in the playoffs
    After 82 games, if Bonner's still getting played ahead of him I will pay pal you 100 dollars. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    After 82 games, if Bonner's still getting played ahead of him I will pay pal you 100 dollars. Seriously.
    that sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    19 boards, even in a preseason game you can't say that's not impressive. 8 on the offensive glass alone, that's just outstanding. Blair is just a motivated player, when he comes to play he's there 100%. As long as we can keep his effort consistent throughout the season he will find his way onto the floor for a good 15-20 minutes a game.
    You know, I wasn't very interested in the draft this year due to Miami not having any great picks, though I tuned in midway around the 32nd pick and realized that Blair had not be taken yet. Knowing how terrible our rebounding was last year, I was hoping like hell he'd drop. Then I looked at the teams about 2 or 3 picks above us and saw the Spurs. I knew straight away that there was no point in hoping he'd drop any further...