Default DETROIT PISTONS SELECT SPENCER DINWIDDIE WITH THE 38th PICK IN THE 2014 NBA DRAFT

The Detroit Pistons announced today that the club has selected Spencer Dinwiddie with the 38th pick in the second round of the 2014 NBA Draft held on Thursday, June 26.

Dinwiddie, a 6-foot-6 guard from the University of Colorado, averaged a team-leading 14.7 points, 3.8 assists, 3.1 rebounds and 1.5 steals in 17 games before an ACL injury ended his junior year. At the time of the injury, he led the Buffaloes to a 14-2 record and a No. 15 national ranking. Dinwiddie scored a season-high 28 points on 8-of-14 shooting and 11-of-11 from the free-throw line at Colorado State. He was selected to the Top-50 Preseason Watch List of the Bob Cousy Award, the James Naismith and John R. Wooden Awards.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: DETROIT PISTONS SELECT SPENCER DINWIDDIE WITH THE 38th PICK IN THE 2014 NBA DRAFT

Happy with this pick,

Think I would of been happier with Grant, and just as happy with GR111...

But I think he can be a solid rotation guy off the bench for us, in fact - I like his game a lot more than Jennings.... But lets just see if he can get his knee back to 100% and then see what he can really do... Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and will thrive under SVG.

Also is close with Billups and Billups brother, which can only be good...