Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    High School Starter

Default Re: Watching these Finals, I don't see how you draft bigs in the lottery in today's NBA

you draft bigs if someone was as gifted as shaq...with that size, skill and athleticism. A Shaq comes along once every 50 years though....and no, Oden pre-injuury isn't even close to Shaq

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Watching these Finals, I don't see how you draft bigs in the lottery in today's NBA

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    What we need to do is bring back ISO ball into this league.

Great ISO legends like Kobe and MJ will probably never be witnessed again in this league. Where one man can take on an entire team.
    Kyrieeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    The Spurs won just two years ago with a two 7 footers in the starting lineup and a freakish 6'9 guy with a helluva long wingspan and hands as the small forward.

There is more than one way to win a championship. Here are the keys:

1) Be Top 10 in offense (or close to it)
    2) Be Top 10 in defense (or lose to it)

In other words be balanced. But the style in which you play doesn't matter as much doing the above.

Spurs won because of Parker's penetration and 3pt shooting not bigs

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Spurs won because of Parker's penetration and 3pt shooting not bigs

I never said they won because of their bigs. You didn't read my post at all if you came to that conclusion. I said you needed to be around top 10 in offense and defense... doesn't matter what style you play. As long as you have balance on both ends.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    If either team had a dominant offensive center it'd be different. Small ball only works when the opposition doesn't haven't a legit inside threat
    This. One dominant center slows the game down, defends the interior from layups and drives, and distorts the small teams defence. Not to mention draw fouls trying to slow him down and slowing the game down even further. The offensive rebounds will force the small team to put in big men to avoid giving up 2-3rd chance shots all day long.