Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old Today, 08:51 AM   #211
West-Side
Goat Loading

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
TL;DR

Disregarding all games pre-2010 seems to be pretty much the only way you can justify that opinion.

Those games do not allow you to have the same experience for many obvious reasons. If you want to think games 20 years ago are better because of memories you had with them than that's fine; that's your opinion.

Don't try to spoon feed me MY opinion to me.
I have played a lot of the most popular video games like Zelda, Metroid Prime, GoldenEye and while I had incredible memories with those games; I felt different when I played a game like TLoU.

Emotionally I was far more connected with the game; the graphics and the sound were on a completely different level.

To me, I think there are too many people who will pick the old school stuff just to try and sound smart instead of using logic.

Fact is; games have improved a lot over time.
Heck, TLoU isn't even from the current gen; it's from the Ps3 days. A console that had a giant gaming library. The fact that it had the highest gamer score of any console game, tells you that you should respect my opinion.

If your opinion is different that's fine; just don't attempt to tell me that my opinion is crazy when there are thousands upon thousands of gamers who played this game who would agree with my sentiment.

Last edited by West-Side : Today at 08:53 AM.
West-Side is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #212
LJJ
Extra Cheese

If we are going to talk about greatness and then say "oh yeah everything with graphics that aren't up to the current standard automatically sucks to me" it becomes a pointless discussion. Like I said, just say you don't rate games from more than 5 years ago then. Fine. You just end up sounding like and idiot, but as you said that's just your opinion.

It devalues the statement "this is one of the greatest games ever released" a lot, but we get the reasoning behind it now.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:21 AM   #213
West-Side
Goat Loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
If we are going to talk about greatness and then say "oh yeah everything with graphics that aren't up to the current standard automatically sucks to me" it becomes a pointless discussion. Like I said, just say you don't rate games from more than 5 years ago then. Fine. You just end up sounding like and idiot, but as you said that's just your opinion.

It devalues the statement "this is one of the greatest games ever released" a lot, but we get the reasoning behind it now.

I sound like an idiot because I consider The Last Of Us one of the five greatest games ever made? Why don't you give your reasons to the contrary.

I'm not just considering graphics. I'm comparing games relative to their time-frame. TLoU to me is the best game of the PS3/Xbox360 generation.

I think the graphics, sounds, detail, content, characterization were superb. I'm not just considering games that were developed after 2010 either. The fact that is one of the highest rated games both from a critic stand-point and a gamer stand-point simply solidifies my opinion.

It's not like I'm claiming Black Ops or Battlefield Hardline are the best game ever created; I'm talking about a game that won Game Of The Year and received one of the highest reviews in gaming history.

It's quite logical to think that games in the last 10 years give you a superior experience than games on DreamCast, Playstation or super nintendo games.

However, that is not my only rationale. I don't think TLoU is better than Super Mario Bros. 3 or Zelda because of graphics or sound; I think the game is comparable in terms of story telling, characters and the overall enjoyment. TLoU is one of the best written games in history.

Perhaps you don't agree because you prefer a different genre; perhaps you're a big RPG or FPS fan. I respect your opinion, yet you can't respect mine.
West-Side is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: