Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Myth Exposed: ALL of the expansion players were already NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Expansion didn't create more bad teams than there are today.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

Now that would be a nice start for discussion. But to say:

"expansion has nothing to do with the number of bad teams"

is just plain wrong.
    You guys parse words unnecessarily when you fully understand the point I was trying to make - you literally play dumb, so you don't have to argue substance.. sdot_thadon is the absolute king of this btw.

Anyway - expansion didn't create more bad teams than there are today - there, you happy?... And there's no need for discussion - it's a fact - the win-loss records show that there were more bad teams in 2015 than there were in the years the league expanded.. I can re-post the win-loss records if you want.
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-26-2015 at 03:10 AM.

You guys parse words unnecessarily when you fully understand the point I was trying to make - you literally play dumb, so you don't have to argue substance.. sdot_thadon is the absolute king of this btw.

Anyway - expansion didn't create more bad teams than there are today - there, you happy?... And there's no need for discussion - it's a fact - the win-loss records show that there were more bad teams in 2015 than there were in the years the league expanded.. I can re-post the win-loss records if you want.
    I think i was just correcting you since you were saying something completely wrong.

This topic doesn't interest me much but it could be argued that if the entire league got better, then the bad teams would also be better even though they have the same bad record as the past.

5-time NBA All-Star

The draft hurt very deep teams and that's it. Like the Warrior's losing David Lee. The argument other than that was that more teams meant the draft was weaker - I think the new team couldn't get the first two picks for the first two years.

The "diluted talent" theory has always been a weak argument. The mighty Lakers won a championship in 88 with expansion. Why didnt they win 70 games? Neither did the Pistons in 89 when the league expanded again.

If Im not mistaken, the Lakers and Pistons played the same percentage of expansion teams as the Bulls did in 96. Simply because there were less teams.

The 94 Bulls won 55 games without Jordan. You dont think they hit 70 with Jordan????Playing in a league with the same amount of teams as the Pistons and Lakers.

The 96 Bulls had a worse record vs the expansion teams than they did vs the rest of the league.

Can someone who subscribes to this theory please explain these circumstances?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

This topic doesn't interest me much but it could be argued that if the entire league got better, then the bad teams would also be better even though they have the same bad record as the past.
    flpiii, who said the entire league got better?... You?... puhleaze.. go back to realgm.. ...

Today's player is worse at posting, triple-threat scoring, and any method of scoring that doesn't include live dribbling/ball-domination.. Today's player is worse at 2-point shooting in general.

But back to the point - 2015 had MORE teams with bad records than the years the league expanded.. This proves that expansion didn't lead to more bad teams than there are today...

And this is intuitive anyway - expansion created a 30-team, 450 player league, just like today (where all 450 players were existing NBA players, as pointed out in OP).. So it shouldn't be a surprise that the number of bad teams with bad records should be the same then and now (although in 2015, there were more teams with bad records, as previously mentioned).
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-27-2015 at 01:17 PM.

flpiii, who said the entire league got better?... You?... puhleaze.. go back to realgm.. ...
    3ball - iamgine is not me. That's not even my opinion actually. Domestic talent level stabilized around the time of the merger IMO.