Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Thad Young traded to Indiana for 20th pick

Weak draft. Late pick. Meh.

Pacers quietly forming a solid team, after taking the Eastern conf finalists to 7 games in the first round, this team maybe ready to add some real competition in the East with 1 or 2 more moves/signings.

Teague
    Ellis
    George
    Young
    Turner

Not bad, definitely upgraded.

Love the move. 20th pick, historically worthless for us, and we bring in a guy who is going to be a great fit with PG. Brought in two tenacious rim attackers in two days. Love this!

M Turner
    T Young
    PG13
    Monta
    J Teague
    --------------
    CJ Miles
    I Mahinmi
    R Stuckey
    L Allen
    J Hill
    S Hill

Is a solid lineup with a good rotation. Would love to move Monta for just about anyone, but I'm intrigued and very optimistic.

I usually hit open layups

We won't know if this was a good trade until we know how good the rookie ends up being.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I think the Nets basically just wanted to dump Thad Young's contract. Young is okay as a player, but the contract clearly was overpaid by Billy King the Imbecile. Wish we could've gotten a better pick than 20, but I am fine with it.
    Yea....I like Young. It was an overpay at the time, but the coming days that will no longer be the case.

I think he could be quite good in certain situations...like he was with Philly a few years back.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Love the move. 20th pick, historically worthless for us, and we bring in a guy who is going to be a great fit with PG. Brought in two tenacious rim attackers in two days. Love this!

M Turner
    T Young
    PG13
    Monta
    J Teague
    --------------
    CJ Miles
    I Mahinmi
    R Stuckey
    L Allen
    J Hill
    S Hill

Is a solid lineup with a good rotation. Would love to move Monta for just about anyone, but I'm intrigued and very optimistic.

I think Monta has to go...or he needs to be the Jamal Crawford of this team on an even shorter leash.

What made Monta work in theory on the Pacers was being next to two good defenders in Hill and George.

I don't see how Teague and Monta coexist...at least not in a way that they are used together a lot like Hill and Monta were last year.

But I don't know who is taking on Monta's contract....honestly maybe the Mavs might take him back with a sweetener depending who we get (more likely don't get)

I do like Thad Young for you guys though. I think he's going to thrive in this situation.

You guys turn somehow shed Monta and add a solid 3/D sg...now that would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    It's embarrassing to watch. I love the fact that the Knicks are not going to win a thing in the near future and won't even scrounge out an ECF appearance. It's awesome. They haven't proven it on their own yet, but I trust our new regime to build things the right way before I trust this desperate Zen Master. What a disaster this would truly be if they weren't able to get Kristaps.

PLEASE let them resign Rose and have Rose, Melo, and one of DeRozan or Dwight on one team for the next 3-4 years. I'm BEGGING you, NY.
    NOTHING I love more than reading a Netski fan stroking himself. Thanks to your brain trust, Boston will be on a tear for the next few years. So have that little party and a good laugh - Manhattan still owns you.

Brooklyn needed a pick and they got it.

Good trade for both sides. Thad's on a great contract.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Brooklyn needed a pick and they got it.

Good trade for both sides. Thad's on a great contract.
    no way. thad was our 2nd-best asset, and we just blew him for a #20 pick that probably won't make a difference.

a couple years ago thad was a steal for an ancient KG. last year he just had his best year, is coming in to his prime, doesn't need plays run for him, and is a better than average PF.

if the nets had merely waited till close to the trade deadline, they probably could have picked up something much better from a playoff-bound team in need.

Indiana looking good already next year. Love the moves.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    no way. thad was our 2nd-best asset, and we just blew him for a #20 pick that probably won't make a difference.

a couple years ago thad was a steal for an ancient KG. last year he just had his best year, is coming in to his prime, doesn't need plays run for him, and is a better than average PF.

if the nets had merely waited till close to the trade deadline, they probably could have picked up something much better from a playoff-bound team in need.
    Agreed.
    They can't really build via draft, they needed to add to Young and Lopez via free agency and try to make playoffs, and change the culture.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Two straight years of tanking for the Celtics. Brooklyn Nets, we love you!

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Pacers' offence gon be good next season

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

When I think to all the venom my heart held back when Kenyon Martin was exposing 'Toine in the playoffs, but now, now I take it all back. Nets, I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of this selfless tanking. You don't care about your franchise at all, you just want the Celtics to be great. We may not send anything material back, but I just want you to know, you have our love. No picks, no players, but lots and lots of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    When I think to all the venom my heart held back when Kenyon Martin was exposing 'Toine in the playoffs, but now, now I take it all back. Nets, I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of this selfless tanking. You don't care about your franchise at all, you just want the Celtics to be great. We may not send anything material back, but I just want you to know, you have our love. No picks, no players, but lots and lots of love.
    from a NY fan.