Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    well its not like they can because they'll get a quick T. Theres a difference between tightening up on the players crying and this no tolerance that Stern put in. He's basically conditioning them to play like robots right now and there isnt **** they can do about it.

Personally i think the new carry rule is the dumbest thing they put in. I can understand calling some **** AI would do, but alot of the carry calls this year are rediculouosly stupid and definitely not consistent. Its nuts how one player gets called for a carry for half a crossover while another player who does the same exact thing doesnt. Refs got way too much power this year and i blame it all on that dictator Stern
    Sure they can.

Let's think about this for a minute. Who is a ref going to listen to more? Someone who has a Rasheed hissy fit and barks and swears, and gets up in the refs face, or someone who they can have a civil, semi-respectable debate with over a call. I'm telling you, the quick t's aren't a factor anymore. What is a Rasheed reaction going to get you? Do you think the refs are going to back down and be scared because a player got in their face? I understand the game of basketball is all about emotion. It should be. But, emotion should not overcome temper tantrums. It's that simple. A player CAN control how they react to a call. The league has adjusted, as they should've. Now, we don't see those stupid outburts, and the game is better.

And the carrying and traveling calls should be called. Players were beginning to get away with too much with the ball. Moving their feet before dribbling, carrying on a crossover...it got out of hand.

Saw a basketball once

Default New Nba Ball Is No More

NBA to Go Back to Old Ball
    Monday, December 11, 2006 5:14 PM EST
    The Associated Press
    By BRIAN MAHONEY

NEW YORK (AP)

Saw a basketball once

YEWW what you guys think the new nba ball is gone

Banned

i hope they start selling the "new" ones for cheap since nobody's using them

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    WOW...very surprising

Say goodbye to your stats kevin martin
    I doubt it. Kevin Martin swishes in a lot of his buckets. Swishes work the same way with the old ball. It has a greater effect on shots that roll around the rim.

Nevertheless, I will be watching how much of an effect it has on him.

Banned

I think if the league is going to do this they have to change the results of the Nets vs. Wizards game earlier this year. VC hit a game tying 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT, but the old ball it would have been a brick. new ball thudded on the back of the rim and calmly rolled in. total BS. carter bricked that shot, period.

I wonder how players will re-adjust to the new ball.

Mark Cuban is somewhere just

I can't wait to hear his comments.

NBA lottery pick

I think part of the problems with Stern's rule changes is exactly what someone said. He's becoming a dictator. I think the players association decided to take a step, albeit a baby step towards pushing back. I don't see where the commissioner should or needs to be a dictator.

My biggest issue with the new T'ing policy is not so much the behavior issue, but the fact that the referees have become untouchable. You can't talk about calls outside a game, or you're fined. You can't complain inside the game because you're called for a technical. So where are the checks and balances on the refs?

And personally I can't stand Stephen A. Smith and I wish he'd get throat cancer so I don't have to hear him (ok, I didn't mean that literally).

But concerning his comment about Stern giving back the little play but holding back on the matters that really mean something to him... I don't think that's entirely accurate.

It's no secret that Spaulding was really pushing for the new ball. I don't know if the new ball is less expensive to make, costs more or what the deal is, but I think this isn't so small an issue as it sounds. I think it causes Stern some issues with one of the biggest sponsors in the league.

Mathius

Future D1 Dad

what a waste of $ to make/introduce that new ball. stern obviously didn't do enough r&d. what a dork.

Local High School Star

maybe bibby's shot will finally start dropping..sheesh..

I guess the new ball will be in the clearance section at Wal-Mart for $4.99.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    I guess the new ball will be in the clearance section at Wal-Mart for $4.99.
    I actually think the price will skyrocket. I said this before before the season when I said if it gets discontinued, it would become a "special edition collectors rare item."

Dunking on everybody in the park lawlerslaw100's Avatar

Smile New PETA Ball Gone..Good Riddance

Good to see the Stern dictatorship cave in on this on. The new
    ball does some weird *****. It sticks to the hands of the players
    and is causing cuts on the hands of PGs. It gets stuck between
    the rim and backboard. It clanks off of the rim and goes in and
    out robbing many a shot. The ball dribbles weird and causes
    more unforced TOs than the good old one.

The new ball isnt as cheap as I thought. I saw one advertised
    at Sportschalet (sportschalet.com) for $100 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    I actually think the price will skyrocket. I said this before before the season when I said if it gets discontinued, it would become a "special edition collectors rare item."
    Why would people pay extra for a rubber playground ball that everyone hates? I would hardly consider this cheap composite P-O-S to be a collector's item.

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    Why would people pay extra for a rubber playground ball that everyone hates? I would hardly consider this cheap composite P-O-S to be a collector's item.
    In 5 years it will be valuable, I'm talking $500 a piece.