Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: This Loss Is On Paul George.........

Quote Originally Posted by mentallooser
    He got doubled quite a bit as well and didn't know how to deal with it.
    He has absolutely no idea how to deal with a double team or a trap.....He had about 2-3 passes deflected at critical times in the 4th also......And his shot selection PISSES me off.....He just takes bad shots.....Lots of fadeaways, doesn't go to the rim enough......His 1st step still isn't quick enough and he needs to get stronger..........He also got the ball stripped a couple times tonight.......For as bad as Lebron played in the 1st half, he thoroughly outplayed PG tonight.......

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    The game was decided when Norris Cole raped Watson when the bench units came in. Stopped watching the game then - knew the result.
    But he only got those shots because Lebron created for him...thats what a great player is supposed to do, make your teammates better......even when you're not having a great game yourself.....

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Nice comeback David Stern but your legacy has already been exposed. The NBA aint about basketball it's about money and since you got so much money already please go retire don't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Refs had nothing to do with it....They called it even for both teams....Its on PG.....

I know West missed shots too but to be fair, he was in foul trouble in the 1st half and I guess he didn't have any rhythm in the 2nd half....It feels like Scola shot 1-20.....Like Van Gundy said, a great defense has to decide on something to give up and tonight, they decided to give Scola that open jumper because he was way off..........Just like Indiana chooses to give up mid-range jump shots because they are the lowest % shot in the game.....Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't......Tonight, Miami's strategy worked and thats good coaching......

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I still trust PG more than lance
    Depends on what part of the game you're talking about......To put together a huge scoring outburst that may be sorely needed at times? To play lockdown defense at times? Sure........To run the team? To get the ball to the right person at the right time? To get a "good" shot? I'm going with Lance.....

Not airballing my layups anymore

This loss really hurts for some reason, maybe it was because Born Ready had such a monster game and we were leading going into the 4th quarter. I love PG24 but he stinked up the joint tonight. He should never handle the ball towards the end of the game. I still got Pacers in 5 tho. Pacers lost this game more than the Heat won it. I'm confident, PG24 and West will play better next game.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Still waiting for Fpliii's comment about how George is better than Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchmanmamba24
    This loss really hurts for some reason, maybe it was because Born Ready had such a monster game and we were leading going into the 4th quarter. I love PG24 but he stinked up the joint tonight. He should never handle the ball towards the end of the game. I still got Pacers in 5 tho. Pacers lost this game more than the Heat won it. I'm confident, PG24 and West will play better next game.
    Thats why I'm taking the positive from the game.....PG played one the worse games I've seen him play in the playoffs, West was taken completely out of the game in the 1st half, didn't have any rhythm in the 2nd half, Scola bricked every open shot he took and we still led most of the game......If not for Wade and Lebron doing what they do best, we win this game.....No choice but to find the positives in the game......

People need to stop overreacting. PG24 hasn't become crap all of a sudden. He's still one of the best two way players in the league

Banned

i still like george.
    his defense is close to elite.
    his shot when on is a beauty and he never gives a fukk.he also learned not to chuck and his scoring isnt THAt important against miami.
    but yes he needs to improve in most offensive aspects to ever be called a true superstar

I know it sounds crazy but I expect the Pacers to close out this series in 5, I'll be at the Fieldhouse for Game 5.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Still better than Melo.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Still better than Melo.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Still better than Melo.
    I don't think If I can chose One Player to Sit out against Heat it would be Hibbert and West before him. NO way U would say that about Melo cause HE can put up 30 any night and his defense on Pacers would look a lot better with Hibbert and West backing him up.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    He's not, but you're right, he's a good player.....He's just a scorer first, playmaker 2nd or even 3rd....He's at his best off the ball......Until the team gets a true point, I'm ok with allowing Lance take on the primary ball handling and playmaking duties......His ball handling is criminally underrated, as long as he stays under control and keeps his emotions in check which he's been doing lately...He's been having great games and still staying composed during the games...

If you notice, dudes don't really press up on Lance when he has the ball because they know he can blow right by them....
    I seriously feel like about 50-60 players in the NBA and D-league could have the same production as George Hill on this Pacers team. He is not a good player, regardless of his talent, he just doesn't produce.

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    I seriously feel like about 50-60 players in the NBA and D-league could have the same production as George Hill on this Pacers team. He is not a good player, regardless of his talent, he just doesn't produce.
    He produces when he's aggressive and has a clearly defined off-ball role......He's just not aggressive often enough and is generally torn between running the team and trying to spot up for 3's......Frank should just make him a SG period....He even said himself he's not comfortable being a playmaker......To be fair, he went to the same high school I went too, he's about 7-8 years younger than me though I believe.....But he was a scorer in high school and in college...Around 30 ppg at both levels.......I'm not saying that to show how he good he was because I know stats don't mean much in high school and at a small college.......I'm just saying that to show that he's much more comfortable when he can just focus on trying to score instead of being a PG......
    Last edited by Dro; 05-21-2014 at 12:19 AM.