Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Jeremy Lamb the man who saves the Harden trade

Quote Originally Posted by dekciw
    Not sure if serious

1- What's the point of getting all that young talent if you're just gonna let them rot in d league? They've already proved they're much better than that. Why play D.Fisher over jackson in reg season?

2- Brooks got to the finals because of how good okc is, not because he's a good coach.

3- I'm not saying he's not worthy but I'd of taken many more players before him. His defense is overrated because he block shots. He gets murdered in the post. (see memphis series)
    They did the same thing with Sefolosha before letting him play. Same thing with Ibaka. Let them get PT in the D-League before playing in the NBA. Why is that a bad thing? Kevin Martin expires this year they could easily just insert him in next year after a full year playing in the D-League.

To say that they got to finals because of the players and not Brooks is just silly. Why give all the players the credit. Fine, the reason that OKC lost was because the players weren't good enough. If Brooks' presence is negligible then at least be consistent, no?

And who are these many more players you speak of? You realize he can't guard Z-Bo AND Gasol right? You realize Perkins was HISTORICALLY bad this series which put more pressure on Ibaka right? Give me a break.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2

do you realize what you are saying? You are saying that they should fire Brooks for not playing JEREMY LAMB and PJIII?

Even though he went to the Finals last year?

Even though if Russell Westbrook was healthy they probably would have done so again?

Even though they'd won 60 games or close to it for like 3 seasons in a row?

EVEN THOUGH they just signed him to a multi year contract and firing him would mean they'd have to eat that contract and still pay him AND pay another coach?

Your last statement I don't even understand. So Ibaka is NOT an all-defensive team worthy player? is that what you're saying?

I'm sorry it's hard to wrap my head around this, I just don't understand moron.
    I'd fire Brooks because he hasn't found a way to better utilize Durant. HE has no fckin plays! OKC has gotten far in the playoffs based off talent alone. It has nothing to do with what Brooks has done.

He'll get his chance next season with Martin leaving the team. He may even be given a major role in the team.

I wouldn't say OKC have been letting him and PJ3 rot on the bench, they've been getting their time in the D-League, of course which isn't the same as the NBA, but experience against NBA worthy player nonetheless. The team won 60 games again this season, it wasn't like they HAD to be played.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

On Firing Brooks - No - don't do it. He connects well with the team and has some decent qualities. However, hire an offensive coordinator.

On Lamb, I like him - I think rather than letting him be a 6th man - you give him a Harrison Barnes type role from next season. He's the type of player that can get stuff in the flow of the game, but he doesn't have much moves.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

I have watched Lamb closely this year and he has all the tools to be a quality starting sg perhaps even an all star guard one day. He has a silky smooth stroke and is uber athletic as well with one long ass reach. I do question his iq though, he does make silly rookie errors, he takes questionable shots and doesn't see the floor that well but that can be excused somewhat since he is a rookie. I have also heard rumours about his motivation, apparently he can be a bit lazy, but heres hoping they arent true because he can be a vital piece to the Thunder next year if he works on his weaknesses.

poor, poor Lamb. Dude was suppose to be playing and learning this season like his fellow rookies. Instead he is stuck on the OKC bench. Feel sorry for the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    poor, poor Lamb. Dude was suppose to be playing and learning this season like his fellow rookies. Instead he is stuck on the OKC bench. Feel sorry for the dude.
    remember when Kemba Walker left they were talking about how Lamb was a potential 1st overall pick the next year.

Local High School Star

People defending Scott Brooks just ****ing

Quote Originally Posted by LONGTIME
    People defending Scott Brooks just ****ing
    I hope he gets canned even though he wont for another year or two

Not airballing my layups anymore MARLO's Avatar

The guy was a baller in the summer league; he shared summer league MVP honors with Lillard but he gets benched for almost the entire regular season?!
    I was convinced OKC would've wrapped Martin, Lamb, and the picks into a package for something nice before the trade deadline, but no..

He needs to go to a team like Boston where he can get playing time and open looks from a good PG and some veteran leadership if those old guys are still there next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    I'd fire Brooks because he hasn't found a way to better utilize Durant. HE has no fckin plays! OKC has gotten far in the playoffs based off talent alone. It has nothing to do with what Brooks has done.
    this

good coaches, stuck coaching bad teams often get fired unfairly, because their untalented team loses

brooks in okc is pretty much the opposite. hes a bad coach, but his team has done well, so he hasnt got fired.

remember when Kemba Walker left they were talking about how Lamb was a potential 1st overall pick the next year.
    i dont remember anybody saying anything like this

people thought he could go top 10, maybe top 5.

nobody was saying number 1 overall.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

The amusing thing to me is Jeremy Lamb reminds me of Kevin Martin back when Martin was good for 20+ points a night. So the Thunder will be letting the original leave to let the second coming play.

props to all the brothers that were on the Lamb train early!

props to all the brothers that were on the Lamb train early!
    I saw it coming. As a Rockets fan I watched him all summer league when he got drafted. I really liked him as a player and I saw his potential. He's a crafty player