Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Draft Talk!

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Draft Talk!

Well the Amare to the Pistons trade rumors can be done with. We know whatever money we have isn't going towards him.

[QUOTE]Golden State's selection of Davidson point guard Stephen Curry at No. 7 was likely made for the Suns as part of an Amar

i won't believe this until it actually happens. i know don nelson has all but given up on defense, but i know he doesn't want to mortgage his entire team all for amare...

i heard somewhere that the proposed deal was amare for

steph curry
    brandan wright
    andres biedrins
    AND
    marco belinelli

i'm not sure how the salaries match up, especially considering the BYC contract of biedrins, but that is an awful deal for the W's.

the pistons can offer a better package for biedrins, one of the few good centers in the nba.

or, the pistons try and sneak their way into the deal and get ben wallace back in the D except his contract is garbage

NBA lottery pick

Ben could resign here for the vets minimum after Phoenix buys him out. I would be ok with that.

As for Golden State I think it's a good move for them. If you look at their roster they have plenty of good young back court guys who can play. They aren't really gutting their team. It's a lot of players but they still have plenty.

Word on the street is that Golden State is backing out of the deal…
    They didn't think Curry would drop to them and now are reluctant to give him up.

I wanted Amare at the trade deadline. Still wouldn't mind getting him here.

OT, I'm not so sure on our first pick. Daye REALLY needs to bulk up to succeed in this league. My biggest concern, is that he will be a better shooting Amir…
    I really wish we would have took a center. And I'm tired of hearing how we could have should have took Ty Lawson. I still feel we should pursue Andre Miller…
    EDIT: I guess Miller is looking for a 3 year/30 mil deal…
    Last edited by Sonic R; 06-26-2009 at 04:35 PM.

NBA lottery pick

In this economy and with a shrinking cap there is no way Miller will get that kind of cash. I think he could get about 8 million but once it goes up to around 10 that is just too much. I like Miller but look at how much better Denver is with Billups than they are with Miller. That's really the only change to the starting 5 since he was there. That makes me a bit leary. I don't think Detroit is going to do anything about the PG position.

I agree about the big man thing. I think Joe D must have something else up his sleeve. It's obvious we need something. Daye has tremendous upside though. We just need to stay positive and cross our fingers. Remember people used to say the same things about Chris Bosh (and we passed on him....). Any way around it whoever we took with that pick wasn't going to be an impact player next year anyhow. Even Mullens was traded wasn't he? If he was a steal I would think someone would have just kept him.

NBA lottery pick

Another thing to keep in mind for a C is what I've been saying since before the trade deadline too. That is Tyson Chandler. The Hornets don't have much of a choice but to fire sale him. They are way over the cap and that market can't support that kind of cash. IF he is healthy and we can get him for next to nothing he is a legit big man. Cleveland was going to pull the trigger on that. I would be very happy with out lineup and the offseason if we landed Boozer and traded for Chandler. Chandler is only 12 million per season. If we could send someone like Maxiell to get some money off the cap we might have enough to go out and sign Boozer too. Then our lineup looks like this:

Stuckey
    Rip
    Tay
    Boozer
    Chandler

That would be enough to compete.

NBA lottery pick

One more post here.... We might have got at least 2 million for that pick which would be huge. Check this out:

r now, however, the Rockets believed they added two players, Taylor and Budinger, with the sort of offensive games they coveted, and a project point guard with potential to grow. According to a person with knowledge of the deals, they spent roughly $6 million to acquire the picks. They will send a conditional second-round pick to Detroit to complete the deal for Budinger.

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Another thing to keep in mind for a C is what I've been saying since before the trade deadline too. That is Tyson Chandler. The Hornets don't have much of a choice but to fire sale him. They are way over the cap and that market can't support that kind of cash. IF he is healthy and we can get him for next to nothing he is a legit big man. Cleveland was going to pull the trigger on that. I would be very happy with out lineup and the offseason if we landed Boozer and traded for Chandler. Chandler is only 12 million per season. If we could send someone like Maxiell to get some money off the cap we might have enough to go out and sign Boozer too. Then our lineup looks like this:

Stuckey
    Rip
    Tay
    Boozer
    Chandler

That would be enough to compete.
    I don't like Chandler at all. ONLY 12 mil? For someone of his talent that is way too much, that is higher than tay and rip and he is not even close to as good as rip. He averaged 9-9-1 last season in good starter minutes shooting porrly from the free throw line. I'm pretty sure any of our starting Centers the last couple of years (Nazr, Amir, Kwame, Sheed, Webber?) could put up better numbers than that. He had a good season last year but I think 12m a year for a 10-10 guy is way too much. If we want a double double type of player we should go for David Lee who is much better and younger than Chandler. I want to target Lee, Bosh (trade), Boozer, and Okur, And I like Gordon and Turkoglu but they just don't fit on our roster, maybe if we can get them for cheap.

BTW is Chandler the player who Maxiell had that sick block on?
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 06-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure about the block. That guy is a game changer. The Hornets are not the same team without him. Remember he was playing injured most of last year. He is a very good defensive player who isn't as limited as Ben Wallace was offensively. I think he fits Detroit's style well. Of course I would take Bosh first but I think it's highly likely we could end up with this guy. He is a true C. Not a PF that is forced to play the position. We could really use a guy like that. Kwame is way worse than Chandler.

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm not sure about the block. That guy is a game changer. The Hornets are not the same team without him. Remember he was playing injured most of last year. He is a very good defensive player who isn't as limited as Ben Wallace was offensively. I think he fits Detroit's style well. Of course I would take Bosh first but I think it's highly likely we could end up with this guy. He is a true C. Not a PF that is forced to play the position. We could really use a guy like that. Kwame is way worse than Chandler.
    Alright I guess I was pushing it with the Kwame thing A couple of days before we signed Kwame my cousin (Lakers fan) and I were randomly talking and laughing about how bad Kwame Brown was for like an hour. When I heard we signed him I was like ****! And started laughing and called my cousin up. I don't think he is as bad as I thought but he has his "that's Kwame for ya" moments. Chandler is good, but not for 12m (Especially if Gordon isn't even worth 11m) I just say sign that one star in free agency and see how much we have left over to try to sign other guys/trade. I don't really want to think ahead too much.