Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: This years playoffs are exposing most of your favorite players

Quote Originally Posted by paksat
    lillard is just a chuck artist after looking at his career stats

guy shoots 43% from the field and like 36% from 3

basically he's kobe/iverson without the flash
    I know.

But we are talking about THIS postseason and who stepped up.

Lillard vs OKC: 33p/6a/4.4r/2.4s/0.6b on 46%FG/48%3p/84%FT and the series winner shot, also clearly outplaying Westbrook.

Lillard in regular season: 25.8/6.9/4.6 on 44/36/91

That

go moar in depth for me, because i'm curious that's why
    First of all, that's what your mom told me last night. Second, what are you curious about? Why I think Dame's performance is anomalous?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    First of all, that's what your mom told me last night. Second, what are you curious about? Why I think Dame's performance is anomalous?
    why you think he's gonna get exposed

why you think he's gonna get exposed
    Exposed is probably the wrong word. I'll say underperform. He's the kind of player who benefits a lot from modern perimeter friendly rules. He struggles vs legit shot blockers and perimeter physicality. The playoffs nowadays in terms of physicality is like the regular season in the 90s. Lucky for him the Nuggets don't have the tools to really slow him down so he has a chance to do really well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Well I'm leaning more towards being in favour of Kyrie but again his numbers don't show him any better than Steph even though the eye test does. I was on the fence because he's not as dominant as a kawhi or kd. They both score a bit more and can ramp it up defensively also. Kyrie's shot making ability in the clutch is unmatched by anyone other than maybe kd though so yeah in hindsight I probably shouldn't be on the fence at all.
    russell westbrook averaged triple double against the trailblazers and got bounced in 5 games which clearly shows numbers don't mean everything.

and are you ****ing serious? You don't trust the eye test? Then why watch the games then? Just check the box scores after the game ends to decide who's better according to your dumbass logic

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    russell westbrook averaged triple double against the trailblazers and got bounced in 5 games which clearly shows numbers don't mean everything.

and are you ****ing serious? You don't trust the eye test? Then why watch the games then? Just check the box scores after the game ends to decide who's better according to your dumbass logic
    It's not one or the other other dummy you use both. Eye test and stats. Chips matter also. I'm a Kyrie fan. The problem with just using the eye test is that there can be bias in it. Sometimes we just see what we wanna see. I'm one of the few on here the put eye test over stats but stats still matter. That's not dumbass logic at all it's actually smart and I'm not surprised that idiot like you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    It's not one or the other other dummy you use both. Eye test and stats. Chips matter also. I'm a Kyrie fan. The problem with just using the eye test is that there can be bias in it. Sometimes we just see what we wanna see. I'm one of the few on here the put eye test over stats but stats still matter. That's not dumbass logic at all it's actually smart and I'm not surprised that idiot like you wouldn't understand
    tthat's your problem, not anyone else's.

been like this since time immemorial.

playoffs start- pace slows down, less "freedom of movement", less foul calls, guys don't get the easy looks they got during the rs.

if rockets-gsw game 1 was transported to a random time in dec or feb, same exact plays with no changes, the beard would've had 25+ ft attempts, put up like 50 pts and hou woulda won by 10+.

but since it's the playoffs refs are like "no blood, no foul".

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    tthat's your problem, not anyone else's.
    It's just human nature man. Your extremely naive if you don't think favoritism leads to biased decision making.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Nah. All my favorite players are retired and have multiple championships.