Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Can we agree Jokic is for real now?

The current last in line exposing Yao Ming as a fraud. Jokic might be slightly above Al Jefferson, but I hadn't seen him outplayed DeAndre Jordan in isolation

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    The current last in line exposing Yao Ming as a fraud. Jokic might be slightly above Al Jefferson, but I hadn't seen him outplayed DeAndre Jordan in isolation
    Jefferson was a black hole. Completely opposite player

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Jefferson was a black hole. Completely opposite player
    And Steve Nash was a two-time MVP, unless you're suggesting Chef-Curry is also a black hole. Which is really odd since the Warriors have no one to run the offense in place of him since they need him and Durant together.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    And Steve Nash was a two-time MVP, unless you're suggesting Chef-Curry is also a black hole. Which is really odd since the Warriors have no one to run the offense in place of him since they need him and Durant together.
    Didn't suggest anything other than Jefferson was a black hole and Jokic isn't. One I would want the other I wouldn't.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I mean Jokic as a 24 year old just won a playoff series with no other All-Stars putting up unheard of numbers for a C. 23/12/9 with 1.7 TO's a game. Without even cherry picking what C's in the history of the NBA have been capable of doing that? Not in a game or two, because that list would be long, but for an entire series? It's not a huge list, he's in rare company. Al Jefferson isn't even in the same universe as Jokic.

I'd say he's even surprised Nuggets fans. It's his first playoffs. Players tend to struggle. Maybe he struggles vs the Blazers or GS but there's no denying he showed out in a big way vs S.A.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Didn't suggest anything other than Jefferson was a black hole and Jokic isn't. One I would want the other I wouldn't.
    He's a dumb ass troll. Anyone who thinks Jokic is slightly above Al Jefferson is either trolling or remarkably stupid. Either way, worthless.

Look at his regular season numbers. Led Denver in PPG, APG, RPG, SPG and they won 54 games with no other All-Star. He did it again in the first round. How many players, let alone C's do that? If that was happening in say New York people would be going crazy.

People didn't even have the Nuggets as a playoff lock this season, yet there in the 2nd round. Least amount of playoff experience in the playoffs currently, and something absurd like 8th all-time. Our roster literally has like 2 players who aren't playoff rookies right now

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Look at his regular season numbers. Led Denver in PPG, APG, RPG, SPG and they won 54 games with no other All-Star. He did it again in the first round. How many players, let alone C's do that? If that was happening in say New York people would be going crazy.

People didn't even have the Nuggets as a playoff lock this season, yet there in the 2nd round. Least amount of playoff experience in the playoffs currently, and something absurd like 8th all-time. Our roster literally has like 2 players who aren't playoff rookies right now
    most people had the Nuggets in the playoffs. No one thought they'd be as good as they have been yet

most people had the Nuggets in the playoffs. No one thought they'd be as good as they have been yet
    Some did. People like Zach Lowe have always been high on the Nuggets core. I said playoff lock tho, which they weren't. Nuggets weren't 100% penciled into the playoffs, especially with L.A getting LeBron. If you looked at everyone's playoff predictions people had the Nuggets anywhere from like 7 to 9-10 usually. I'd feel confident saying that the Nuggets were 50/50 in most peoples minds.

Add in the injuries .. because at one point the Nuggets were down 3 starters. I don't know what the final total was, but at one point we were leading the team in games lost to injury. Had you told people that the Nuggets would struggle with injuries that much and make the playoffs let alone as the 2 seed I think it would be shocking. Nuggets fans were pretty shocked themselves. I'm a huge Jokic fan and I didn't think he had the mindset to dominate as a scorer like he has at times this year when everybody was hurt.

IMO Jokic is the clear 3rd choice for MVP behind Giannis/Harden but because people don't pay attention to Denver that's not the case. No other All-Stars, 2nd seed, leading your team in 4 major statistical categories, should make you the consensus 3rd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatHILL
    for real in the league without defense?
    He is great on defense tho. Just not blocking shots.

Nuggets had the best 4th quarter defense in the league.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Dudes a beast, ive been high on since him and nurkic were fighting for the starting spot

I thought he would struggle in the playoffs but he's been even better than he was in the regular season. The Joker is the real deal.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Silly thread.

Jokic was always for real.

And it doesn't matter who agreed to it.

He's for real but the Blazers have probably the worst front court for guarding a team with a skilled big. They got Kanter lol. Then they have Harkless and Aminu.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Couldn't give two sh1ts about the Nuggets but I guess I'm happy their fans and city finally got something to root for... these small market teams were hurting bad. Jokic is a true team player and such play allows him to succeed the way he's doing now. Has also shown good leardership. That right there makes up for a lot in chemistry that other "stars" in the league wish they had. Pure talent can only take you so far.