Default THIS is why you dont put Harden in any conversation as an all time great scorer

especially with Wilt and MJ? FOH. Dude has a little 30 pt streak and the whole world goes wild knowing damn well he can't have the same success in the playoffs. His game is a disgrace

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: THIS is why you dont put Harden in any conversation as an all time great scorer

That regular season BS is exposed every single year in the playoffs.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Default Re: THIS is why you dont put Harden in any conversation as an all time great scorer

No one in their right mind would group his scoring on the same level with MJ or even the guys right below him

Do I need to bump the thread where people argued that Harden during MJ era would put up similar numbers as he is now?

Got em resting in piss.

For the perimeter players, I think guys who have the best combo of scoring skillset, efficiency, killer instinct, and alpha dog scoring ability are the most unique guys. So for me, guys like MJ, KD, Bird, Steph, Kyrie, and Gervin standout to me. Guys like Harden, Kobe, Bron, AI, Nique, Melo, etc. are OF COURSE alpha dog dominant scorers as well. But they don't put together ALL of the elements like the guys in the other group.

Harden's or Kobe's efficiency isn't as epic as MJ's for example. BUT their SCORING SKILLET overall is among the best of all time. Bron's scoring skillset and at times killer instinct isn't like MJ's. So as a total package scorer like I pointed out earlier, I prefer a MJ, Bird, KD type guy. BUT Harden is still a phenomenal scorer, I won't take that away from him though.

With many of these guys, its about playing a hero ball brand of basketball. The other guys like MJ, Bird, and KD didn't really take as many bad shots. They ALWAYS seemed to know when to go on heat checks AND when it was time to play hero ball better than a Harden, Kobe, AI, etc.
    Last edited by bizil; 04-29-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For the perimeter players, I think guys who have the best combo of scoring skillset, efficiency, killer instinct, and alpha dog scoring ability are the most unique guys. [COLOR="Red"]So for me, guys like MJ, KD, Bird, Steph, Kyrie, and Gervin standout to me. Guys like Harden, Kobe, Bron, AI, Nique, Melo, etc. are OF COURSE alpha dog dominant scorers as well. But they don't put together ALL of the elements like the guys in the other group[/COLOR].

Harden's or Kobe's efficiency isn't as epic as MJ's for example. BUT their SCORING SKILLET overall is among the best of all time. Bron's scoring skillset and at times killer instinct isn't like MJ's. So as a total package scorer like I pointed out earlier, I prefer a MJ, Bird, KD type guy. BUT Harden is still a phenomenal scorer, I won't take that away from him though.

With many of these guys, its about playing a hero ball brand of basketball. The other guys like MJ, Bird, and KD didn't really take as many bad shots. They ALWAYS seemed to know when to go on heat checks AND when it was time to play hero ball better than a Harden, Kobe, AI, etc.
    You SURE you didn't accidentally flip Curry for Kobe? Because Kobe belongs on any list of GOAT tier scorers while Steph's smaller size and lack of athleticism limits his ceiling come playoff time. Steph is amazing in the regular season but playoff bball is more physical with much more half court sets. He doesn't have a deadly mid-range game like Kobe. Kobe could get his own shot anytime in half court sets and shoot over most people too. Steph can't. Not his fault though. He's undersized and not athletic, so he can't impose his will on the game like others.

Steph is like 70% of the player he is come playoff time. He's a regular season stud. Something less come playoff time.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For the perimeter players, I think guys who have the best combo of scoring skillset, efficiency, killer instinct, and alpha dog scoring ability are the most unique guys. So for me, guys like MJ, KD, Bird, Steph, Kyrie, and Gervin standout to me. Guys like Harden, Kobe, Bron, AI, Nique, Melo, etc. are OF COURSE alpha dog dominant scorers as well. But they don't put together ALL of the elements like the guys in the other group.

Harden's scoring skillset consists of an euro step, 3 point shot, and flopping for calls. It's the most disgusting cheese combo in the history of the game, far from the best.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Do I need to bump the thread where people argued that Harden during MJ era would put up similar numbers as he is now?

Got em resting in piss.
    Remember 2016 when youngsters were saying Curry was better than MJ? Yikes.