Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Over/under....120K in fines from the Rockets for the incoming post game interviews?

Coach gets at least 50. Maybe 100. You know hes gonna complain.

Comes down to if Paul and Harden go off as well.

Im taking the over. Dantoni 100K Paul 25 and Harden 25.

Default Re: Over/under....120K in fines from the Rockets for the incoming post game interviews?

Post game is dedicating the entire show to trying and explain why the calls weren't made.

But its universally agreed by everyone on the show, they were owed a dozen more free throws.

And it's a matter of player safety. The spurs should know.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: Over/under....120K in fines from the Rockets for the incoming post game interviews?

harden stepped over FT line while shooting his FTs

no other player other than lebron is above those rules

if it's above jumping into players, well... that shouldn't be a foul right?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Post game is dedicating the entire show to trying and explain why the calls weren't made.

But its universally agreed by everyone on the show, they were owed a dozen more free throws.

And it's a matter of player safety. The spurs should know.
    How about playing basketball you ****ing frauds, instead of relying entirely on flopping through every series?

I'm ok losing to any team in the playoffs except for this bitch ass excuse of a super duo.

Same shit happened for 65 years in the NBA with no call. They did recently start rewarding people for pretending they cant keep balance when closed out on and half the league joined the Jamal Crawford "Fall on every closeout" club but I couldnt be happier to see it not called in the playoffs. If I know you fell because you chose to fall....id not only not call it id give the benefit of the doubt to the defender every time I wasnt sure.

That falling on every three shit is outright manipulation designed to get over on the refs so I wouldnt be shocked if they returned the favor.

ITs not even like when you take a charge and youre taught to put your weight on your heels so you fall...but it looks natural. These guys get in the air and hunt for defenders legs...and if they dont find them...they fall anyway.

Every one of us were closed out on hard for years and dont fall down. Bet your ass Harden doesnt fall when closed out on playing outside for fun....because its not worth the scrapes falling on asphalt.

I hope the refs laugh their asses off in the review they do after games. They are gonna get chewed out by some official since the NBA designed the rules to benefit scorers and floppers....but they are doing a service to the game and every fan born before 1996.

I thought Reggie was bad at this shit. What I wouldnt give for the days when he was the only one you had to worry about falling like a white girl in a horror movie if you tried to close out.

Jamal Crawford with all those 4 point plays unleashed an absolute plague on the league and it has so infected our society of fans they believe thats how the game is SUPPOSED to be called.

Yea...you stick your foot under a landing shooter on purpose Bruce Bowen style youre an asshole.

You just close out on him and make him uncomfortable so he falls EVERY time? Tell him to go eat a sack of honey roasted circumcision clippings while the men play ball.

If im the ref? Straight up:

Shit.

Im Johnny Tightlips.

"I aint seen nothin"

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Same shit happened for 65 years in the NBA with no call. They did recently start rewarding people for pretending they cant keep balance when closed out on and half the league joined the Jamal Crawford "Fall on every closeout" club but I couldnt be happier to see it not called in the playoffs. If I know you fell because you chose to fall....id not only not call it id give the benefit of the doubt to the defender every time I wasnt sure.

That falling on every three shit is outright manipulation designed to get over on the refs so I wouldnt be shocked if they returned the favor.

ITs not even like when you take a charge and youre taught to put your weight on your heels so you fall...but it looks natural. These guys get in the air and hunt for defenders legs...and if they dont find them...they fall anyway.

Every one of us were closed out on hard for years and dont fall down. Bet your ass Harden doesnt fall when closed out on playing outside for fun....because its not worth the scrapes falling on asphalt.

I hope the refs laugh their asses off in the review they do after games. They are gonna get chewed out by some official since the NBA designed the rules to benefit scorers and floppers....but they are doing a service to the game and every fan born before 1996.

I thought Reggie was bad at this shit. What I wouldnt give for the days when he was the only one you had to worry about falling like a white girl in a horror movie if you tried to close out.

Jamal Crawford with all those 4 point plays unleashed an absolute plague on the league and it has so infected our society of fans they believe thats how the game is SUPPOSED to be called.

Yea...you stick your foot under a landing shooter on purpose Bruce Bowen style youre an asshole.

You just close out on him and make him uncomfortable so he falls EVERY time? Tell him to go eat a sack of honey roasted circumcision clippings while the men play ball.

Shit.

Im Johnny Tightlips.

"I aint seen nothin"
    Agree. But for some reason the announce team was on some other shit stating that these were fouls. It's going to turn into a feeding frenzy that shouldn't even exist.

I understand Van Gundy's bias with Houston, but Breen was just bitchmade today.

Its a foul the way they tell the refs to call it. But its no more of a foul than it was 20 years ago.

They are rarely adding new rules....just telling refs to enforce existing ones differently. Like handchecking. It was illegal in the 80s. It was just called differently.

Its all in the interpretations. If they want a game called letter of the law with no human element to think "Thats bullshit..." the games would be unwatchable.

The first really by the book game Kevin Durant would have 12 carries.

They are making up new shit on the fly and telling refs to ignore the well known rules of the game just to benefit scorers.

Like the "zero step". The extra step has been traveling for 100 years but they just decide the refs shouldnt count the first one of 3...

So is it traveling? I guess not since the league makes its own rules. But its still traveling. Depends on how you look at it.

Its traveling when you play basketball. Its not traveling in the NBA....which plays "basketball".

I can close out hard long as I dont utterly take a guy out playing basketball. But the NBA doesnt play...basketball. It plays NBA. Usually. Even today it feels refs want you to play basketball in the playoffs. And I support it.

indirect way of whining and crying.
    take the L, and move on

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Shit.

Im Johnny Tightlips.

"I aint seen nothin"
    this

I know i aint the only one on here sayin "if that's a foul, then I was fouled 100 times in rec league shootin 3s. and next time i play i'm gettin 100 more foul calls."

the rule should allow the shooter to land from where he jumped from, but not where he lands. so many shooters are jumping into defenders or, like you mentioned, purposely looking for defender's legs

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    Agree. But for some reason the announce team was on some other shit stating that these were fouls. It's going to turn into a feeding frenzy that shouldn't even exist.

I understand Van Gundy's bias with Houston, but Breen was just bitchmade today.
    mark jackson despises the warriors and his friend jvg follows his lead. every time they want you to believe there was a foul, they will say "there's contact"

"there's contact" over and over

they said it at least 50 times this game, and almost exclusively when they want you to think the warriors fouled on a close call.

Mark "There's contact" Jackson aka Sour Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    this

I know i aint the only one on here sayin "if that's a foul, then I was fouled 100 times in rec league shootin 3s. and next time i play i'm gettin 100 more foul calls."

the rule should allow the shooter to land from where he jumped from, but not where he lands. so many shooters are jumping into defenders or, like you mentioned, purposely looking for defender's legs

mark jackson despises the warriors and his friend jvg follows his lead. every time they want you to believe there was a foul, they will say "there's contact"

they said it at least 50 times this game, and almost exclusively when they want you to think the warriors fouled on a close call.

Feel free to blow up a guy shooting a 50ft runner at the buzzer, or a floater down the paint, I guess.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Shit.

Im Johnny Tightlips.

"I aint seen nothin"

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Feel free to blow up a guy shooting a 50ft runner at the buzzer, or a floater down the paint, I guess.

Except these people are coming towards you. Usually running. Someone doing a stepback 3 moves away from you meaning...hes either open...or you close out hard. you close out and hes gonna fall no matter what....begging for the call. Its a tactic to force people to not defend you at all or send you to the line and it shouldnt be rewarded.

Except these people are coming towards you. Usually running. Someone doing a stepback 3 moves away from you meaning...hes either open...or you close out hard. you close out and hes gonna fall no matter what....begging for the call. Its a tactic to force people to not defend you at all or send you to the line and it shouldnt be rewarded.
    So the foul applies to where they take off and not where they land... or no?

Pick a position and stick with it. Either it's a foul, and they missed a dozen, or you're free to blast a guy firing up a half court shot because hes not landing from where he took off from.

Stop acting like you have not watched and played basketball for the last 20+ years.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    this

Got em.