Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default NBA live 16 vs NBA 2k16

The battle of the basketball simulation games, who you got for this year? 2k my career looks gimmicky as **** this year.

Banned

Default Re: NBA live 16 vs NBA 2k16

2K has always been gimmicky since they peaked in 2K11 in terms of gameplay. After that they've been adding more features while taking away aspects of the actual game that made it fun to play.

Live always will be bad.

I'll wait until they bring back the gaming engine used for 2K11 before I buy a new basketball game.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

2K is THE game. Live hasn't been good for years.

I don't see how anybody could put a shred of hope into NBA Live. They haven't made a decent product since in like 10 years.

Banned

Considering the current boss of live gave an interview last year saying they've got an agreement that they don't need to be proitable for the next five years and they don't expect to make a good game until at least 3 more editions (this was said before the last one came out) I don't expect much from live in 2016. The guy was just saying he hopes people understand they need time to build up a product again and people stick with them but all it says to me is they have no faith in their own game so why would I buy it until they do?

nba 2k easy even with spikefail and forcing me in to a single story line I may not like

They're both shit. I wish they gave a fukk about the actual game and delivered one every two years so they can work on more than just tweaks, new animations and gimmicks. But I guess it's a business above all else

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    They're both shit. I wish they gave a fukk about the actual game and delivered one every two years so they can work on more than just tweaks, new animations and gimmicks. But I guess it's a business above all else
    Pretty much this, 2k lost their souls years ago, this is what happens when they have so much power over the gaming community and have no true rivals.

2k is so massively wealthy with other projects as well, so hopefully they do to a 2 year hiatus from nba to further develop the game and not add more stupid ass stories

Banned

Look how big Chris Smoove looks compared to all the other people

why is this a question? 2k is a WAY better basketball game. in all aspects.

if u want proof just download the live demo and try it yourself.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

2k16 looks crazy if the My Player lives up to the hype of high school/college basketball stuff. Apparently you are like a high school phenomenon in this game. I only have 2k11 and I get sick and tired of starting in My Player with a dude whose like a 43 overall and how it takes weeks to get them just to 70 overall by maxing out vertical, mid range, offensive/defensive awareness. You can pretty much hit the mid range J, only hit open layups, and can't dribble at all. I didn't like that stuff at all. Takes way too long to make your player a 80+ overall in 2k11.

One of my guards I play with once in awhile is averaging 25/10/9 and I'm still coming off the bench as a sixth man. I don't even have any all star votes despite the fact I've played about 15 of the possible 18 games in my rookie season.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 09-20-2015 at 02:47 PM.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel

I enjoy King Gryph videos more than Chris Smoove personally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I enjoy King Gryph videos more than Chris Smoove personally.
    I stopped watching all 2K commentators. I'm tired of them all. Every single one of them has some stupid pump music before every dunk and go emotionally overboard on every play. It's so stupid and repetitive, the best days were when Smoove did 2K11 commentaries in a chill/seldom way. Every 2K Commentator today continuously overreact on every video, and they never air gameplay of them losing. They make it seem like they're undefeated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    2k16 looks crazy if the My Player lives up to the hype of high school/college basketball stuff. Apparently you are like a high school phenomenon in this game. I only have 2k11 and I get sick and tired of starting in My Player with a dude whose like a 43 overall and how it takes weeks to get them just to 70 overall by maxing out vertical, mid range, offensive/defensive awareness. You can pretty much hit the mid range J, only hit open layups, and can't dribble at all. I didn't like that stuff at all. Takes way too long to make your player a 80+ overall in 2k11.

One of my guards I play with once in awhile is averaging 25/10/9 and I'm still coming off the bench as a sixth man. I don't even have any all star votes despite the fact I've played about 15 of the possible 18 games in my rookie season.
    Goes both ways though, sometimes I want to make a character who was undrafted/lower ranked. They really need to make a multiple story line system if they are doing this type of mode. I used to like how they had the combine, summer league and d league in the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel

Whys the dude on the left holding himself?

2K is going to be amazing this year. They've placed a lot more restrictions on MyPlayer creation (no more 7' SF cheese) and added a much better lobby system. Apparently the MyPlayer story and off-the-court is much improved as well. The Association Mode was perfect last season. I don't play the MyTeam mode, but apparently that has some major improvements also. Combine all of that with improved animations and control, and my body is ready.