Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wade's Historical Rank Among SGs

Apparently he's already the third greatest shooting guard of ALL TIME

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I just get so ****ing mad when thinking back to the 2011 Finals. Wade would be a Top 20 player right now, 3rd greatest SG, and people wouldn't be able to say shit. I just hope he can get on fire in the Playoffs one of these years and pull one out.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    This is why I hate the internet. People just look up averages and awards and draw conclusions. It's the equivalent of the BCS system for football. Watch these games and tell me wade now is better than George Gervin was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5s6bSfOBpI
    Listen, you haven't brought any reason or logic to the table. All you have done is complain. State your case and then we'll see if it matches with reality. And we are not talking about wade now. Even though he has been improving, it should be obvious enough that he hasn't been right.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I just get so ****ing mad when thinking back to the 2011 Finals.
    Blame LeBron for purposely, and visibly not trying.

It seemed like he caved even more when Wade called him out at half court and was yelling at him in I believe game 3.

Living off of free throws, crying to referees for entire games, and missing open jump shots is top 3 status

I've heard it all at this point

Living off of free throws, crying to referees for entire games, and missing open jump shots is top 3 status

I've heard it all at this point
    You literally just started watching basketball last year. This is the shit that happens to players when they are not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Listen, you haven't brought any reason or logic to the table. All you have done is complain. State your case and then we'll see if it matches with reality. And we are not talking about wade now. Even though he has been improving, it should be obvious enough that he hasn't been right.
    I'm not typing a paragraph picking apart stats and debating which awards mean more than others. I gave you the names of people who I think are better and recommended looking into their footage/stats. If you want to then cool, if not, that works too.

Samurai Swoosh

LMAO @ Gervin, Pistol Pete, and especially Havlicek being better players

I'm not typing a paragraph picking apart stats and debating which awards mean more than others. I gave you the names of people who I think are better and recommended looking into their footage/stats. If you want to then cool, if not, that works too.
    I haven't touched stats or awards, but what I did do was watch basketball before the 2011-2012 nba season.

You literally just started watching basketball last year. This is the shit that happens to players when they are not healthy.
    I've been watching this dude since he played for Marquette. His 2006 finals was amazing. 2006-2011 mint. But playing well for 5 years doesn't get you into the top three....sorry

I haven't touched stats or awards, but what I did do was watch basketball before the 2011-2012 nba season.
    right, because I don't believe dwayne wade is a top 3 shooting guard of all time I started watching basketball last year....

I've been watching this dude since he played for Marquette. His 2006 finals was amazing. 2006-2011 mint. But playing well for 5 years doesn't get you into the top three....sorry
    What he did in that span of time is more than enough to get him into the top 3. In fact with the exception of jerry west there is literally no one else who can even have a decent argument. Even jerry west is pushing it because his ranking is based relative to his awards and achievements, not how good he was. If we are ranking who is actually the best in terms of what they do on the court, then dwade is easily #3. Jerry west can also easily be ranked #3 based on career achievements and the work he put in during his era. Is that reasonable?

Samurai Swoosh

George Gervin and Pistol Pete were Gilbert Arenas caliber players.

Amazing volume shooters / scorers, did little else, certainly played no defense and were stat padding losers (Gervin specifically)

This is why I hate the internet. People just look up averages and awards and draw conclusions. It's the equivalent of the BCS system for football. Watch these games and tell me wade now is better than George Gervin was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5s6bSfOBpI

After watching this 4 minute highlight video, you've convinced me.

Gervin was great, Wade is greater.

I joke around and call eric bledsoe the mini-lebron but in reality wade is actually mini-lebron. Does everything that lebron does for your team - scores, distributes, defends, everything.