Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not like Gilbo does that every single play...

Kobe was not talking about the amount of shots more than they types of shots and the fact that he was hitting them.

Arenas has no pronlem stepping past halfcourt and shooting 26 footers in a secondary break situation. He does that at least twice a game.

Arenas looks to shoot every possession, from any angle, at any time.

Kobe was trying to explain how hard it is to cover someone who not only has the greenlight to shoot whenever he pleases but also is willing to shooting from anywhere on the court at any time.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #62
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Now you're just trying to cover Kobe's ass. Here are some direct quotes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe
He doesn't seem to have much of a conscience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe
I haven't gotten used to that mentality of just chucking it up there.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not actually trying to excuse Gilbert from what Kobe said about him. For all intents and purposes (did I use that right?) he was "chucking it up there" that night.

All I'm saying is there can be no doubt that Kobe was being a complete hypocrite for calling him out on it, considering he was doing the exact same thing last year. That's all.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #63
Prezwoodz
Kids at the park dunk on me

Kobe acted like an idiot after getting humiliated by Arenas
Prezwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #64
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Kobe says (paraphrasing) "There's nothing you can really do when a guy is getting to the line line that and hitting everything, even bad shots, when he's not on the line. Heck of a performance by Arenas tonight. I'll be ready for him next time."
you're the dumbest ****ing poster on here. everything you say is bull****. you know that right? your opinion of a player is solidly formed on how black you think he acts. the blacker he acts, the more you hate him. and the more you desperately try to change reality to fit your opinion. that's not what Kobe said at all. your paraphrasing abilities are horrible. your attempt to sound reasonable has failed.

I seriously want to go through everything you've said on this board, every single opinion you've held, copy them all into one post, just so we can finally see what a ****ing racist pretentious **** you are. saying they "follow a trend" is an understatement.

I don't know what my favorite KO King "opinion" is. is it that everyone should carry a handgun? that Antawn is more important to the Wizards than Arenas? that Kobe was praising Arenas after the 60 point game? that people are wrong for being offended by Stackhouse saying that all Iverson cares about is winning a scoring title after he just demanded a trade to a team with another 30ppg scorer on it? everything you say is stupid. everything. I read your **** and I think to myself, how could someone possibly come up with this ****? I used to think it was cool that someone had differing opinion from me. but no. I was mistaken- you're just stupid. and hateful.

"HECK OF A PERFORMANCE FROM ARENAS TONIGHT?" really? that's what Kobe said? how blissfully ignorant do you have to be to reality to come up with that ****? how downright delusional do you have to be?

go **** yourself, dumbass. I'm tired of your trolling.

or better yet, maybe you could start on the path to not being an ignorant ********* whose arrogance and contempt for the human race doesn't overtake his ability for rational thought? RidonKs too nice to cuss your dumb ass out but I'm not. this is ****ing ridiculous and nobody ****ing notices.

Ive treated your hatred of Arenas with a sort of sense of humor for awhile now. but this, combined with your Iverson comments is just too much. where does it end?

doesn't anybody else notice this? I *can't* be the only one. everytime I see that dumb **** hippo when scrolling down I know I'm in for some ignorant, pretentious right-wing bull****. it's like he's stepped up his game since that moron E Willems left. like he's gotta pull a Gilbert Arenas and double his hustle now that his Hughes aka fellow reality-distorting troll is gone.

"Heck of a performance from Arenas tonight!" you stupid, stupid *********. I think more surprising than how dumb all your opinions are is that you don't have any legitimate ones. I mean.. everyone has stupid opinions. I have a few myself. but EVERYTHING you say is wrong and/or stupid, if not offensive. EVERYTHING. it's uncanny really. how one person can be so incredibly stupid in every way. yet he lays down each of these retarded thoughts with an air of profession so nobody notices the content is RETARDED.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #65
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Gilbert Arenas is a gift to every NBA fan. Enjoy this tremendously entertaining person while you can.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #66
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not like Gilbo does that every single play. And Kobe did the same thing last year, while taking 27 shots per game. I'm sure somewhere in those 2100 shot attempts, there were plenty of 3's early in the shotclock. And while Kobe shot 35% on those 3's last year (he took over 6 per game) Gilbert is shooting a comfortable 40% on 8 attempts per game.

All I'm saying is that Kobe comes across as a hypocrite in that quote, due to the fact that he "chucked" last year just as much as anyone in history.

Kobe scored 6-7 more than Arenas last year on a better fg%.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #67
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Great, Kobe's a better scorer than Gilbo. Obviously.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Kobe still "chucked" last year, and thus, he's a hypocrite.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: