Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: These modern players are a fukking joke

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I bet when Kawhi decided to sign with the Clippers one of his clauses was that he can sit out 12+ games for "rest". Would you ever expect a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'neal, Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, Scottie Pippen, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Johnny Stockton, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem, Nowitzki, Garnett etc etc etc to demand some bullshit like this? These players of this generation are so ****ing soft. It's not enough that they are playing about 5-6mpg less than the star players before them did, but they also need 10 games to rest. What a bunch of fukking weak pusscakes we have now.
    Another meltdown babyboi

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I don't know about that. Jordan wasn't playing every game Because the bulls or the league had any kind of power over him. It may have been like that in the dark ages when owners forced players to play free 20 preseason games for promotion....but not in the 80s on up.

A guy like Stockton played every game for like 17 years because he felt he owed it to the game and he saw it like a regular job where his pride wouldn

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Kobe tore his achilles by playing a ridiculous amount of minutes down the stretch of the 2012 - 2013 season at the age of 34. Load Management = Injury Prevention
    Yeah, the Spurs really pioneered this and it's helped with a lot of older players. Kobe was in a situation where he had to play 40+ minutes a game for his team to make the Playoffs and he risked injuring himself in order to do that.

Are today's players a lot softer? I don't think so. A lot of them just work smarter and play less minutes to sustain a higher level of production which is better for their team come Playoff time. Yes, you can play Giannis or Harden 40+ minutes a game and have them break records and win a few more games, but what good is it when they're fatigued come Playoff time?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Michael Jordan literally stopped playing for 2 years cuz he didn't feel like it. What are you talking about? If someone has the power to do what they want. They will. This is true throughout human history. The whole absolute power corrupts, etc. Thinking that what is happening today is some new human behaviour is really a simple minded take.

I really need to explain the difference between someone not playing while playing a different pro sport and someone not playing while a member of a team?

When Danny ainge was playing in MLB he wasnt on the Celtics. Thats how it works. Its not like the NFL who plays one day a week. Rather hard to be in the NBA and play another pro sport at once. But whichever he was playing....he showed up to play it. He led his baseball team in starts matter of fact.