Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default These modern players are a fukking joke

I bet when Kawhi decided to sign with the Clippers one of his clauses was that he can sit out 12+ games for "rest". Would you ever expect a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'neal, Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, Scottie Pippen, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Johnny Stockton, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem, Nowitzki, Garnett etc etc etc to demand some bullshit like this? These players of this generation are so ****ing soft. It's not enough that they are playing about 5-6mpg less than the star players before them did, but they also need 10 games to rest. What a bunch of fukking weak pusscakes we have now.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-13-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Default Re: These modern players are a fukking joke

I actually agree that the season should be shortened. I feel it's way too long from a fans standpoint. You just get burnt out by the last 20 games of the season so I think a good 10 game slice off the regular season would be beneficial. I think 72 games is enough to decide how good a team is going into the playoffs. That doesn't change anything from my opinion on players, though. They should be out there playing like any other fukking working person has to show up. All this sitting out for rest is an insult to the fans and past players who did anything and everything to just make it onto the floor. This sitting out for rest makes these fools not only look weak, but like they don't even give a shit.

Lowering salary and decreasing games... Watch over half the league turn into a bunch of Tony Allen's

Lot of the BS is because of the rules. Its also the social climate but the RULES are what crippled the league. And have made most teams...unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Lowering salary and decreasing games... Watch over half the league turn into a bunch of Tony Allen's

Lot of the BS is because of the rules. Its also the social climate but the RULES are what crippled the league. And have made most teams...unwatchable.
    lol That makes it even worse. The game is much softer than the 90s and early 2000s stars were playing...yet they were out there 40mpg and shrugging off little hurts that players now sit out for multiple games. The game has just become so piss soft from multiple aspects.

82 gms is far too many

outdated

58 or gtfoh

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I fundamentally agree with you as far as how it looks compared to players of the past. The further back you go the tougher it seems people were. Go far enough guys were playing 46 minutes a night, with room temperature water not Gatorade, back to back to back to back, traveling by train, occasionally not being allowed the use of local hotels, and playing with casts. Dolph Schayes okayed much of a season with his right arm in a cast and just shot left handed. Wilt played all but 6 minutes of a season and those 6 were a 4th quarter ejection.

Guys like Jordan or Iverson or Payton or Garnett like you mentioned wouldn

OP naming Shaq like he didn't "rehab on company time" and sit out 15+ games regularly in his prime. Shaq was missing 20+ games a season for a 3-year stretch during his absolute physical prime (95-98) and then missed 15 games every season from 02-04 while being overweight.

I remember the league coming down on it, but teams just made up fake "sore" injuries, now it's the norm.

The league is more player friendly now. The players have more power and have exerted as much in the last couple lockouts. Every single one of those guys would prolong their careers if they knew they could get away with it. OP is one of those phaggits who has no clue how the world works and only sees the surface of every situation.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I don't know about that. Jordan wasn't playing every game Because the bulls or the league had any kind of power over him. It may have been like that in the dark ages when owners forced players to play free 20 preseason games for promotion....but not in the 80s on up.

A guy like Stockton played every game for like 17 years because he felt he owed it to the game and he saw it like a regular job where his pride wouldn’t let him not show up.

I don't think a guy like that would have had any blowback if he just said "I'm tired". He just wasn't gonna do it.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Work ethic isn't what it used to be. People used to go to work, and expect to show up to work. Even if it is a game it is work to the NBA. And guys nowadays dont see it as their job.

It's just a societal problem.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I bet when Kawhi decided to sign with the Clippers one of his clauses was that he can sit out 12+ games for "rest". Would you ever expect a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'neal, Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, Scottie Pippen, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Johnny Stockton, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem, Nowitzki, Garnett etc etc etc to demand some bullshit like this? These players of this generation are so ****ing soft. It's not enough that they are playing about 5-6mpg less than the star players before them did, but they also need 10 games to rest. What a bunch of fukking weak pusscakes we have now.
    I don't know. I agree that the NBA and society in general has gotten softer and softer but if sitting out 10 games can help prolong careers I'm all for it. Look at most of the stars in the 80's and 90's. They were done by the age of 33. If missing 10-15 games prolongs your career and more specifically your peak than I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Work ethic isn't what it used to be. People used to go to work, and expect to show up to work. Even if it is a game it is work to the NBA. And guys nowadays dont see it as their job.

It's just a societal problem.
    Corporations fking ppl over is also a part of it, you used to stay 20+ years w/ a company, maybe until you even retired. These days they'll cut you to save some money and in the name of "efficiency".

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

Kobe tore his achilles by playing a ridiculous amount of minutes down the stretch of the 2012 - 2013 season at the age of 34. Load Management = Injury Prevention