NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Shams: Lakers and Dwight Howard have mutual interest

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    When it's warranted.
    no when it's asked

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    no when it's asked
    Jackass, I'm answering your original question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Jackass, I'm answering your original question.
    got ya!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I'm sorry bro, honestly have you WATCHED him at all during these past 5-6 years? It's painfully obvious to anybody that has watched to notice that he has a negative impact on the game.

Dwight was a BEAST during his Magic days...played decent on Houston the first year as well, but he has been just flat out bad the last couple of years.

No. Its nothing but dramatic fans having no nuance or ability to describe a player outside great and bad.

Bad players can barely keep a spot in the NBA. They dont give out 32/30...then 18/23 next game...then 23/13...then 19/10.....bad players dont even get called bad. They are the 100 guys who you would have to google if you heard they had a season ending injury.

But fans just cant find something between great and awful. This all or nothing society has rubbed off on fans who legit think they know better than the many many people tasked with doing the job full time. Tell me this....

The coach with 30 years of experience in the NBA, NCAA, and scouting decides to play him. You feel its painfully obvious he makes teams worse and shouldnt play. What do you think you see from home in the few games that the coach doesnt see practically living with the guy and seeing every second hes on a court for 7 months of the year?

I get it....fans think they are clever. That coaches know less than them because they make mistakes...but this shit goes too far too often. So many guys...usually former stars....fans who notice them fall off jump right to them supposedly being terrible while actual basketball people keep giving them millions.

Hes apparently about to be the starting center on a contender....again. Someone heavily involved in basketball and a very qualified coaching staff must not think hes actually bad. Which is why they call him.....not someone actually bad at basketball.

How the hell is it possible that he averaged 16.6ppg and 12.5rpb, had Kemba Walker on the team, Nic Batum, and GOOD role players...yet failed to make the playoffs in the weak east? I'm sorry, I don't want that center starting for my team.
    The same way its possible Kemba walker had Batum and what you consider "GOOD" role players and a 17/13 center and missed the playoffs...and is now the franchise player for the Celtics.

Its really very simple.

Pretty much none of the players we even talk about are bad.

Mangok Mathiang is bad. Dwight Howard is declined.

But most bigmen in the NBA will never be better than Dwight was on the Hornets. Just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    No. Its nothing but dramatic fans having no nuance or ability to describe a player outside great and bad.

Bad players can barely keep a spot in the NBA. They dont give out 32/30...then 18/23 next game...then 23/13...then 19/10.....bad players dont even get called bad. They are the 100 guys who you would have to google if you heard they had a season ending injury.

But fans just cant find something between great and awful. This all or nothing society has rubbed off on fans who legit think they know better than the many many people tasked with doing the job full time. Tell me this....

The coach with 30 years of experience in the NBA, NCAA, and scouting decides to play him. You feel its painfully obvious he makes teams worse and shouldnt play. What do you think you see from home in the few games that the coach doesnt see practically living with the guy and seeing every second hes on a court for 7 months of the year?

I get it....fans think they are clever. That coaches know less than them because they make mistakes...but this shit goes too far too often. So many guys...usually former stars....fans who notice them fall off jump right to them supposedly being terrible while actual basketball people keep giving them millions.

Hes apparently about to be the starting center on a contender....again. Someone heavily involved in basketball and a very qualified coaching staff must not think hes actually bad. Which is why they call him.....not someone actually bad at basketball.

The same way its possible Kemba walker had Batum and what you consider "GOOD" role players and a 17/13 center and missed the playoffs...and is now the franchise player for the Celtics.

Its really very simple.

Pretty much none of the players we even talk about are bad.

Mangok Mathiang is bad. Dwight Howard is declined.

But most bigmen in the NBA will never be better than Dwight was on the Hornets. Just the way it is.
    good or bad there are guys I wouldn't want on my team and Cousins, McGee and Howard are among them. Still remember a play a couple years ago where something happened at the offensive end and instead of getting back on D Howard is joking around with the crowd while the Jazz scored at the other end

I truly hope Bran gets Dwight, rooting for it

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I truly hope Bran gets Dwight, rooting for it
    me too. Lakers deserve a 2nd go around of that shitshow!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    good or bad there are guys I wouldn't want on my team and Cousins, McGee and Howard are among them. Still remember a play a couple years ago where something happened at the offensive end and instead of getting back on D Howard is joking around with the crowd while the Jazz scored at the other end

Sure. I wouldnt want James Harden on my team. Or to go down several notches....and mention someone im sure you have an opinion on....Thurl Bailey. Just rubbed me wrong. Soft. Skilled in ways...but im good. You can keep that over there.

But im not gonna call him bad at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Sure. I wouldnt want James Harden on my team. Or to go down several notches....and mention someone im sure you have an opinion on....Thurl Bailey. Just rubbed me wrong. Soft. Skilled in ways...but im good. You can keep that over there.

But im not gonna call him bad at basketball.
    Thurl? He wasn't a banger that's for sure. Could shoot and run the floor from a couple of positions and long defensively. Might be a stretch 5 today. Nice bench piece. Played like a star against the defending champs in the '88 playoffs before stiff Ivaroni and comedian Layden threw it away
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 08-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Thurl also a big improvement as an analyst over Harpring, Boone and Zelmo but so is Micheal Smith

I’d be more concerned with Howard’s health and ability to stay on the court throughout a season and his ability to not be a distraction.

We already have guys like Bron who can be a real shmuck when things aren’t panning out so this is going to be interesting how this works

[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]I