Page 53 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

I wonder how many of you would get smacked the sh*t out by me while playing against me on the court with you telling me your ideas.

but good, because I need motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I honestly think at this point, if max players are leaving their respective teams, they have to understand that its only possible to go to teams that can afford them, meaning teams that are not committed salary wise to other stars, meaning that the team would most likely be a garbage team for some time before they can start contending.

Lebron's best bet of winning would be either to stay in Miami, or go back to Cleveland. If none of those two get him, well Lebron will likely head over to a garbage team and will have to start all over again from scratch. Melo said the same thing along those lines, that whatever team he decides to choose, doesn't have to contend the first year he is there.

Again, the purpose of all this is to help smaller market teams contend. More rewarding for players to stay with their teams long term.

The only reason we're in panic mode is because we're still very uncertain about what's going to happen to Kobe. How well is he going to play? Will he give us 22+ ppg? If thats the case, should we keep Pau who can still give us 16/8? And if thats the case, should we keep the 7th pick, try to draft marcus smart, and just build around those three?

I say why not. If we can get some sort of assurance that Kobe will be over his health issues completely, and that Pau still has a couple of years worth of juice in the tank, and that we will land another pressure reliever in Smart or someone else that can be reliable, at that point we would have some sort of direction with the team, and then it would be on Mitch to keep guys like Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill, and some of those other role players that contributed a little.

Bottom line: The San Antonio Spurs keep proving over and over again that super teams are a vastly overrated concept. We need a coach that can engage all 15 players on the roster. We need to have team defense executed perfectly and team basketball on the offensive end.

Kobe's pretty good, Pau's pretty good, Nick young is a good 6th man, the 7th pick should develop nicely in a guy like Smart. Lets just pick it up and go from there!
    Hey, LOL, sounds like worst case scenario. Keep Pau is pricey. but keeping 7th, not that bad. We can still sign a couple of free agents. And become a above average team. Not championship team. But most likely force Kobe to demand a trade most likely to the Knicks.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

I honestly think at this point, if max players are leaving their respective teams, they have to understand that its only possible to go to teams that can afford them, meaning teams that are not committed salary wise to other stars, meaning that the team would most likely be a garbage team for some time before they can start contending.

Lebron's best bet of winning would be either to stay in Miami, or go back to Cleveland. If none of those two get him, well Lebron will likely head over to a garbage team and will have to start all over again from scratch. Melo said the same thing along those lines, that whatever team he decides to choose, doesn't have to contend the first year he is there.

Again, the purpose of all this is to help smaller market teams contend. More rewarding for players to stay with their teams long term.

The only reason we're in panic mode is because we're still very uncertain about what's going to happen to Kobe. How well is he going to play? Will he give us 22+ ppg? If thats the case, should we keep Pau who can still give us 16/8? And if thats the case, should we keep the 7th pick, try to draft marcus smart, and just build around those three?

I say why not. If we can get some sort of assurance that Kobe will be over his health issues completely, and that Pau still has a couple of years worth of juice in the tank, and that we will land another pressure reliever in Smart or someone else that can be reliable, at that point we would have some sort of direction with the team, and then it would be on Mitch to keep guys like Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill, and some of those other role players that contributed a little.

Bottom line: The San Antonio Spurs keep proving over and over again that super teams are a vastly overrated concept. We need a coach that can engage all 15 players on the roster. We need to have team defense executed perfectly and team basketball on the offensive end.

Kobe's pretty good, Pau's pretty good, Nick young is a good 6th man, the 7th pick should develop nicely in a guy like Smart. Lets just pick it up and go from there!
    chill out i'm just messing i actually think we can compete if everyone comes back healthy + 7th pick. we will be contenders again by 2016

If Im a superstar FA, I would add Dallas to my list of consideration. They have enough cap space to sign one plus they have a great coach, Dirk has won before, good pieces like Ellis, Calderon and Dalembert.
    They were the ONLY team who were ONE WIN away from elimintating the Spurs in the playoffs, actually lead the series at one time, if my memory serves me right.
    They have a committed owner who would not hesitate to spend more $ to get more help. City is not super cold.
    About the Spurs, Im not sure that they are not a "super team". 3 players could arguably go the HOF and if Kawhi continues his ascent, he could be the 4th guy and btw, they don't rely on 15 players. Even Phil never engaged more than 9 players to their cause.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 06-25-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Home of the 16

Thoughts on DAL/NY trade scenario?

Felton & Chandler for Calderon, Tyson Chandler & a couple of picks (I think).

Unhappy Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Thoughts on DAL/NY trade scenario?

Felton & Chandler for Calderon, Tyson Chandler & a couple of picks (I think).
    It CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!

Da Mavs

Melo visiting Dallas, Houston, Chicago when FA opens. Lakers not on the intinerary

NBA lottery pick

How would Dallas even have the room for Melo now? They just made a trade. I don't see how it could work unless they have somewhere to move Ellis.

I kind of like what Dallas did. Chandler was really good there next to Dirk. The Knicks have really needed a PG for a while so Calderon is an updgrade. I'd like to see what they're going to do at C now. There must be more moves to come.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    How would Dallas even have the room for Melo now? They just made a trade. I don't see how it could work unless they have somewhere to move Ellis.

I kind of like what Dallas did. Chandler was really good there next to Dirk. The Knicks have really needed a PG for a while so Calderon is an updgrade. I'd like to see what they're going to do at C now. There must be more moves to come.
    Dallas has 26+ million in cap space. Dirk will likely be signed somewhere around $10 mill a year, they have lots of flexibility and fluidity. Dallas only gained $3 mill in the Chandler trade.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Melo visiting Dallas, Houston, Chicago when FA opens. Lakers not on the intinerary
    I love the move for Dallas, but how exactly are they in a better position to compete than the Lakers? If I were the Lakers and Embiid or Exum aren't on the board @ #7 I'd trade Nash and 7 for 10. Grab Payton with the 10th pick from what I'm hearing this kid is going to be legit.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I love the move for Dallas, but how exactly are they in a better position to compete than the Lakers? If I were the Lakers and Embiid or Exum aren't on the board @ #7 I'd trade Nash and 7 for 10. Grab Payton with the 10th pick from what I'm hearing this kid is going to be legit.
    What? Did you see the Mavs last season? The Mavs actually have a playoff team with a Top 5 coach in the league.

I've said it before and will say it again, nobody is keen on playing with Kobe. Seriously, no alpha player wants to play with him. Kobe is going to play out his $48 million contract in ignorant bliss on a couple more lottery trips

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    What? Did you see the Mavs last season? The Mavs actually have a playoff team with a Top 5 coach in the league.

I've said it before and will say it again, nobody is keen on playing with Kobe. Seriously, no alpha player wants to play with him. Kobe is going to play out his $48 million contract in ignorant bliss on a couple more lottery trips
    Yes I saw the Mavs get a 8 seed and take the eventually champions to 7 games. Big whoop. The Atlanta Hawks did the same thing to the 2008 Celtics and they've been mediocre ever since. You talk about nobody wanting to play with Kobe, but the Mavs have struck out in free agency for the past 3 years....

Remember Houston last year lost in the first round and again lost in the first round after getting Dwight. So what puts Dallas over the top? Monta Ellis? Tyson Chandler? Felton I'm not trying to hate on Dallas because I like their team and like this move for them, but literally last off season they were in the same position as the Lakers are in now. The formula to make the playoffs is fairly simple sign some vets and a good coach. That's what Dallas did that's what the Lakers could easily do this summer if they want to. Houston and Chicago I understand, but the Mavs aren't head and shoulders above the Lakers.

Very good NBA starter

If free agents are luke warm on the Lakers they need to just go ahead and do a Boozer + 16 and 19 for cap space. Trade Nash for a contract that expires in 2016 and take on some more contracts for picks. I'm fine with maintaining a team that's a mix of vets and youngsters for the next 2 years until 2016. Try to grab Payton/Randle or Smart, Payne and Tj Warren/Young/Ennis

Angry Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

I can see Pau Gasol, some how ending up in. Knicks or Dallas. Might force the Laker's to sign and trade. Or give him a over price contract. So many possibilitys..

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If Im a superstar FA, I would add Dallas to my list of consideration. They have enough cap space to sign one plus they have a great coach, Dirk has won before, good pieces like Ellis, Calderon and Dalembert.
    They were the ONLY team who were ONE WIN away from elimintating the Spurs in the playoffs, actually lead the series at one time, if my memory serves me right.
    They have a committed owner who would not hesitate to spend more $ to get more help. City is not super cold.
    About the Spurs, Im not sure that they are not a "super team". 3 players could arguably go the HOF and if Kawhi continues his ascent, he could be the 4th guy and btw, they don't rely on 15 players. Even Phil never engaged more than 9 players to their cause.
    That SAS trio is just too old for me to consider a trio. If you put them all individually on other teams, would they bring those teams (as superstars) to a significantly higher level of play? If the answer is no, then they shouldn't be considered a super team.

If by super team, you mean they stayed together for so long, and their chemistry is off the charts, and they have accomplished so much together, then yes its a super team.

As far as the mavs go, if you're referring to Carmelo making a decision, I wouldn't want him a laker. I don't like the prospect of him and Kobe together, regardless of how much of friends they seem to be.