Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: the league is setting an absolute RECORD pace for 30/40+ point games

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Im not putting in the effort right now for a bigtime comparison...but id like to read one.
    Haha id be cool with a paragraph. On some hmm cool level shit. 60 was too early altho it is interesting how guys play so few minutes these days and still get 30. I mean 30 is 30 but I don't think that means they'd get 40 if they played 40 like back when real men played.

-Smak

Default Re: the league is setting an absolute RECORD pace for 30/40+ point games

Scoring is at an all time high with everyone focusing on 3pt shooting.. Is anyone really surprised?

If you can't shoot 3s at least halfway respectable, you are either a center or you will not last in modern nba. You used to be able to get away with being a crap shooter if you could defend or be specialized at something. I miss the nba of the 2000s though - it was perfect balance between defense and offense. 2010s is offense or bust. 90s was defense or bust.

If you actually watch the games, you'll see the average SKILL level for scoring has gone up over time, especially with the 3-point ball factoring in so much.

Watching 10 average games now vs 10 in the 80's and you'll see a big difference in the skill level of the AVERAGE player scoring the ball.

Superstar skill level has remained pretty constant since the 80's...but shit we even have tons of Euro talent now that barely existed before 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    who's an average player that has dropped 30 or 40 recently?
    LeBron James.