Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: If some scrub.. Andre Miller showed up at pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I think people give NBA scrubs wayy too much damn credit. Theres many people who play street ball or rec leagues that can give andre miller a run for his money. People need to stop acting like the worst players in the NBA is all that nice. They just blessed with golden opportunities to collect a well underserved check every year.
    Lol troll successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Even Thabo Scrubolosha would be killing nikkas in a pick up game. He might look like shit at times during a real NBA game, but he would literally turn into Michael Jordan in a pick up situation.
    The best player at your local park/gym wouldn't be able to take more than 2 dribbles while being guarded by Thabo. It would be a joke. Lets put it into perspective here: Sefolosha is (or was) known for his ability to guard some of the best players EVER (Lebron, Kobe, etc). I remember him shutting down James Harden in the playoffs a few years ago.

If I had to pick an NBA player to go 1-on-1 with, it definitely wouldn't be a 6'7 wing defender. At least Andre Miller is kind of an "every man" physically. Obviously I would lose 11-0, but at least I might be able to get a few shots up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The difference between a good rec league player and an average Division I-A collegiate player is massive. I've actually had the opportunity to play with a couple of those kinds of guys. Back when I was in my best physical shape and played ball a lot, I thought I was pretty good for just being a random guy off the street, but you don't really know for sure unless you gauge against someone who has accomplished something in basketball... like getting a decent scholarship or, god forbid, a professional.

The college guys were pretty dominant. I can't imagine what it's like going against an NBA player. I don't care if it is a washed up veteran or the last guy on the bench. Everyone that posts here and everyone at your local playground/rec league is going to get embarrassed.
    Agreed. But at the same time, let's not pretend that being in the NBA is just about skills because it's also about winning the genetic lottery and having the right height, athleticism, etc. Because let's face it, there are a lot of people in the world who have the skills/game to play in the NBA but they might be too short or not athletic enough or both. So they will never see the NBA court despite possibly having sufficient skills.

If you have two players with the same skill level but one player is 5'8" while the other is 6'6", long and athletic as hell, it's not hard to see who dominates. Not strictly due to skills but a combination of skills/genetics. So while I respect the NBA players for their skills, I also realize those guys were blessed genetically.

One of the best PGs to ever play in the nba is a scrub?

Anyone remember when KD splashed 60+ at Rucker? Made it look so damn easy...

It all depends.

For example, if Miller's opponents double/triple team him full court every time, he'll have to pass the ball. How good is his teammates? If they suck then no way Andre Miller dominate in any form.

One position you're more guaranteed to dominate is center. For example, if current obese Yao Ming or Shaq shows up, it's over for everyone else.

Game instincts of Dre Miller is enough to destroy any rec league team, some of you might watch NBA because it's American basketball, but I watch it because it's where the best players in the world are competing at an elite level. Remember Von Wafer? He is averaging 32 PPG in the CBA, that's China's professional league not a weekend league.

Quote Originally Posted by Tking714
    One of the best PGs to ever play in the nba is a scrub?
    Let's not go crazy now. Miller has had a good career but he's never even been an all-star.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Let's not go crazy now. Miller has had a good career but he's never even been an all-star.
    top10 in career assists

may be the most durable player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    has was close to being one many times. He is more of an all star in my mind than guys like mo williams, szerczbiak. He was on the millsap/rip hamilton allstar level, a very reliable starter that could play a very good two-way game.

again, LOL @thread