Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Source: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight

T-Wolves give up their franchise player for Brook Lopez? I'm not seeing it.

Am i the only laker fan that wants dwight?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Am i the only laker fan that wants dwight?

why would you want a guy who doesnt like playing basketball with another great player

its obvious he hates life on the lakers

he wants his own team but doesnt wanna lose... and theres no way to do that in todays nba. you gotta share the spotlight to have a chance

dwight doesnt understand this and he gives 50% effort

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You'd have no offense. Dwight can't do P&R and you'd be total iso, without the inside out Brook provides.
    Nah.. Deron Williams is a more athletic dynamic version of Steve Nash on the pick and roll with Dwight..Who isn't Steve nashs type of player. Wed play it like you guys do..

Deron pick and rolls with Howard rolling to the hoop like Chandler does with Felton.. The occasional iso down low. We still have Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace as scoring options outside that pnr not to mention blatche and Marshon off the bench depending who we end up trading. Howard hates playing for the Lakers and is being overworked on a shit team outside of Nash and kobe.. On Brooklyn he would get eased in and dominate in the playoffs against all those weak front lines. Guarantee it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Nah.. Deron Williams is a more athletic dynamic version of Steve Nash on the pick and roll with Dwight..Who isn't Steve nashs type of player. Wed play it like you guys do..

Deron pick and rolls with Howard rolling to the hoop like Chandler does with Felton.. The occasional iso down low. We still have Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace as scoring options outside that pnr not to mention blatche and Marshon off the bench depending who we end up trading. Howard hates playing for the Lakers and is being overworked on a shit team outside of Nash and kobe.. On Brooklyn he would get eased in and dominate in the playoffs against all those weak front lines. Guarantee it.
    Too bad Dwight doesn't know how to roll, or catch a pass in a PNR consistently even from the best PnR guard of the past 10 years, and when he does catch it doesn't know what to do with it unless the lane is completely clear.

Do you really think Nash hasnt been trying to run the PnR with Dwight? Watch the games. Nash does try it. D12 consistently blows the easy set ups.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    T-Wolves give up their franchise player for Brook Lopez? I'm not seeing it.
    The only thing that gives me the idea they might move him is it feels like this summer or at the start of next season we'll be getting a Kevin Love trade demand. If you could get Lopez, Marshon Brooks and maybe 2 first rounders for Love... that's not really that bad of a deal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Too bad Dwight doesn't know how to roll, or catch a pass in a PNR consistently even from the best PnR guard of the past 10 years, and when he does catch it doesn't know what to do with it unless the lane is completely clear.

Do you really think Nash hasnt been trying to run the PnR with Dwight? Watch the games. Nash does try it. D12 consistently blows the easy set ups.
    Yea but Nash likes playing with a big man that can roll or pop out for a jumper.. Dwight cant do that and yea his hands and overall athleticism have slacked, and when you combine that with his shit attitude it just leads to nothing. But Brooklyn is a very deep regular season team. With a good chunk of rest and a new team culture/change of scenery Dwight could be back in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea but Nash likes playing with a big man that can roll or pop out for a jumper.. Dwight cant do that and yea his hands and overall athleticism have slacked, and when you combine that with his shit attitude it just leads to nothing. But Brooklyn is a very deep regular season team. With a good chunk of rest and a new team culture/change of scenery Dwight could be back in great shape.
    You haven't been watching him, Nash is leading him to the basket. Dwight is so psyched out by the free throws he can't finish and just literally stops. He also doesn't want people to foul him so he's in these little wars with the opposing center that he loses (because you can't fight with worse players).

He'd be hilarious in NY, he 100% does not want to be questioned and is uber sensitive. Him and NYC seems like a perfect match.

I 100% get this LAST year but watching Brook play, the level he plays, and the fact the offense runs through him, the play is a big good 4 next to Brook, not trading that opportunity and all your assets to replace Brook with someone playing much worse. To me, if you think health is an issue with Brook and Dwight only, then i see youir point. If you don't think Brook will get hurt, it makes little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why would the Nets trade all their trade pieces to remove Lopez who is killing it, get Howard, instead of trading their pieces for a complimentary piece to Lopez and the team? The Nets entire offense revolves around Lopez. IF you think Lopez is going to get hurt then you do this trade. Otherwise it makes no sense at this point.

Forgetting the point i doubt the Lakers clog their cap with someone when Lebron, etc. is available in two years, how does this improve the Nets?

Go get Milsap.
    Yeah, Milsap is a better fit for the Nets, especially if we manage to keep Lopez, Wallace, JJ and Deron core. The starting five will be insane.

I said this was going to happen. Nets were going to go after Dwight either at trade deadline or offseason. Everyone was saying no.

Not again

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I said this was going to happen. Nets were going to go after Dwight either at trade deadline or offseason. Everyone was saying no.
    so what? you want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Life
    so what? you want a cookie?
    Yes. I want everyone to bow down before me and my greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    They can't get him in the offseason. CAN'T. Only now. They'd need to make a ton of salary shaving moves that included enough salary to fit him in under the cap. Not really possible.

I don't think anyone doubted they'd ask about him, it's like breathing to them. I just think we all doubt it can or will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Yeah, Milsap is a better fit for the Nets, especially if we manage to keep Lopez, Wallace, JJ and Deron core. The starting five will be insane.
    Dwight is a disaster, he's so screwed up mentally over there. It's possible this is what he is. You'd bring him in, sign him for five years and if it is anything like LA, it would be horrific.

The upside is better, yes but there is the downside. I like the Millsap move (Gay move is luckily off the table).

It's funny when Brook sucked, Net fans yelled at me HES JUST AS GOOD AS DWIGHT! HATER HATER! But now he's playing much better and it's DWIGHT IS BETTER! WE NEED DWIGHT!
    Last edited by niko; 01-22-2013 at 02:42 PM.